Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596560 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2018, 11:15:22 PM »

You are saying he only called select BLACKS stupid.  No others?

This is where you go astray.
I did not say that.  I said, I think in his mindless and toddler level need to insult prominent people who don't like him he reaches for stupid and synonyms for it for African Americans often enough to justify the opinion he traffics in racist stereotypes.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2018, 11:16:52 PM »

By the way, if Ms Waters were green or blue or shocking pink, she'd have acted stupidly.

You likely agree.

I can’t think of one thing she’s done stupidly.

I do love watching Auntie Maxine do smart things that make bitch ass crackers cry. It gives me an itchy donation finger every time.

Don Jr. should be wearing Manafort Orange by the election, along with Paulie Numbnuts himself. The dotard will be sent to his long home in 2019, courtesy of a far more representative congress.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2018, 11:31:54 PM »

I did not say that. 

Didnt say you did.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2018, 11:55:11 PM »

I did not say that. 

Didnt say you did.

Nobody said it, but that doesn't mean you didn't hear it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2018, 12:00:11 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2018, 12:02:04 AM »

Trump treats all races the same - yet is a racist?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2018, 12:09:17 AM »

No, he doesn't treat all races the same, dolt.

He was never found guilty of discrimination in housing for whites, for example.

His besmirching of Hispanics is not something any Europeans have heard directed at their residents.

His attacks on "shithole" countries was narrowly defined and purely racist.

Your defense of him and denial of his racist conduct and verbiage has you painting yourself with the same brush. It's like listening to a Holocaust denier.

And your claim that he says the same things to everybody are unsupported thus far. But what else is new?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2018, 02:47:15 AM »

Kid lives wrong proudly without the self contempt his words and actions justify.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2018, 04:07:29 AM »

Kid lives wrong proudly without the self contempt his words and actions justify.
Yes, of course….he takes his cues from the Orange Asshole…
Shame? Humility? That’s for other people. Apologize? Never, ever! That would be showing weakness, and he is never weak. That’s for losers….

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2018, 09:15:10 AM »

Trump: no collusion, no collusion, no collusion. Uh... collusion is not a crime!

Sad.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2018, 09:53:15 AM »

It's probably a "Nuclear Option" but the Congress should institute a policy thatsays that before any law can be passed, there needs to be an "Economic Impact Statement" done which shows a clear and direct pathway for a net betterment of the economic environment as a result of the law.

This statement must include the number of jobs lost versus the number of jobs maintained and/or created.

It must include the costs of remediating the physical environment should the (de)regulation prove harmful to the public health and or safety. Versus the short term benefit of the (de)regulation.

The policy is retroactive, meaning that all existing laws must be made to be compliant with the new policy. If that means that the government has to work hard to get caught up on their work, well, welcome to the real world! There is no time for grilling a public servant for doing his job or wasting million$ to demonize a member of the other party so as to make the pathway to power easier for one's own party.

Similarly, the Democrats ought to demand an "environmental Impact Statement" before any legislation regarding the wildlife preservation and endangered species act can be voted on.

barton

« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2018, 11:52:24 AM »

Zme:  doesn't the CBO already do economic impact statements?  I don't think there's any kind of information gathering or analysis that Congress is not perfectly capable of ignoring. 

TWIMC:

In that poll (top of page), I have to ask, whoever voted "Other," how did you arrive at that choice?  Either we trim the forums, or we don't, or you're not sure.  You chose none of those options.  So, somewhere, beyond trinary logic, there must some other course of action?  Add MORE forums?  Fill Josh's house with stuffed animals?  We all join the French foreign legion and forget everything?

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »

In that poll (top of page), I have to ask, whoever voted "Other," how did you arrive at that choice?  Either we trim the forums, or we don't, or you're not sure.  You chose none of those options.  So, somewhere, beyond trinary logic, there must some other course of action?  Add MORE forums?  Fill Josh's house with stuffed animals?  We all join the French foreign legion and forget everything?
Probably some poster with a sarcastic bent, who wondered why that option even existed, for precisely the reason you identify. Not that I have personal knowledge, necessarily....
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 06, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »

Probably some poster with a sarcastic bent, who wondered why that option even existed, for precisely the reason you identify. Not that I have personal knowledge, necessarily....

A conspiratorial theory for our conspiratorial times...

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »

No, he doesn't treat all races the same, dolt.

eaaaaasy now...

How about we stick to what the current issue is - Trump's verbal (and tweeting) treatment of others since he started this segment of his life.

Now - has he lashed out at some white folk?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 4288