Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1593340 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2018, 02:51:24 PM »

Not because of their ethnicity or the color of their skin. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »

Kid's taking on all comers!!!!  He's gonna prove that Trump is no bigot!!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »

Yet you think it WAS due to color that he ranted at the select few AAs - James and company?

Couldnt be conntent?

Isnt Acosta's treatment the equivalent of Lemon?

And I'd think if a Mike Trout acted (spoke of Trump) like LeBron he'd get a bit of backlash as well.

Simple stuff.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2018, 03:13:03 PM »

Trump regularly lashes out at anyone who points out the clearly racist things he does and say, without regard for the race of his critic. Then he goes and does and says more racist crap so he can again be an equal opportunity snowflake. When he needs to change the subject, he predominantly attacks someone or something not White. As to the core racist as he is, will he sometimes lash out at White folks? Sure. He’s a cornered beast, wounded and far from home. Lashing out is what he does.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #289 on: August 06, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »

In that poll (top of page), I have to ask, whoever voted "Other," how did you arrive at that choice?  Either we trim the forums, or we don't, or you're not sure.  You chose none of those options.  So, somewhere, beyond trinary logic, there must some other course of action?  Add MORE forums?  Fill Josh's house with stuffed animals?  We all join the French foreign legion and forget everything?
Probably some poster with a sarcastic bent, who wondered why that option even existed, for precisely the reason you identify. Not that I have personal knowledge, necessarily....

Of course not.   But your penetrating insight into human smartassery has not been achieved without the occasional consultation with hoi polloi, I'm certain.  The textbooks and peer-reviewed journals can only take you so far.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »

Trump regularly lashes out at anyone who points out the clearly ---------[racist]------- things he does and say.....

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »

Trump: no collusion, no collusion, no collusion. Uh... collusion is not a crime!

Sure it is

Its just called conspiracy

Isnt that right?

Many many fucklng lawyers working quite hard to prove it.

Standing by for the drama.  And laughing at some of the fallout.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2018, 04:13:10 PM »

Yet you think it WAS due to color that he ranted at the select few AAs - James and company?

Couldnt be conntent?

Isnt Acosta's treatment the equivalent of Lemon?

And I'd think if a Mike Trout acted (spoke of Trump) like LeBron he'd get a bit of backlash as well.

Simple stuff.
Well, as I used to tell clients, just because your boss was an asshole generally does not mean he cannot be a racist asshole to you. 
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »

Scarborough: "And it’s, at least to me, it’s been shocking and somewhat embarrassing just how wrong I was all along that a huge chunk of the Republican Party was exactly what Liberals have been accusing us of being for a very long time."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/6/1786246/-Frank-Discussion-of-Racism-on-Morning-Joe
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2018, 04:20:16 PM »

Does he have any dealings that would tell you he is not a racist?

Have you checked?

If you found YES to be the answer, would you simply dismiss it as "Trump doing what he needs to get ahead"?

If so - well - you are believing what you like - and that's that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

Other included the possibility of wanting it both trimmed and added to.

I don't know what the person who chose other had in mind.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2018, 04:35:13 PM »

Have you checked?

If you found YES to be the answer, would you simply dismiss it as "Trump doing what he needs to get ahead"?

If a Klansman goes to work one day and engages in a relatively pleasant conversation with an African-American who comes into his store, does that make the Klasman not a racist?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2018, 04:52:36 PM »

Have you checked?

I've been reviewing Trump's actions and speeches for longer than he has been a candidate.

No, he has done nothing that would indicate that he is not racist.

Here is his senior staff at their swearing in:

He has protested repeatedly that he is "the least racist person you will ever meet." - Honestly, Kiid, had I had any doubts he was racist before, that would have sealed the deal the first time he said it, let alone the endless repetitions of it.

His language before he was a candidate, not just after it, illustrated his racism. His actions with his apartments when he thought he could get away with it did so, as well.

He insults everybody who is not him - this is not news. But he insults some folks disproportionately and in different ways. If you want to provide me with the numbers of white men he has called stupid by comparison to the others, do please go right ahead. And if he attacks white men in proportion to their numbers in politics vs. blacks and women, I will retract my position.

Here are your target numbers:
Despite white men comprising only 31 percent of the population, 97 percent of all Republican elected officials are white and 76 percent are male. Of all Democratic elected officials, 79 percent are white and 65 percent are male, according to the study.

A factor in the discrepancy, RDC says, is a problem with who runs for office. Of Republican candidates, 73 percent are white men and 23 percent are white women. Men of color make up 3 percent of candidates and women of color make up 1 percent, according to the study.

I look forward to seeing what your research finds, either way.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »

First step: GO to TWITTER!

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2018, 05:04:52 PM »

He insults everybody who is not him - this is not news. But he insults some folks disproportionately and in different ways. If you want to provide me with the numbers of white men he has called stupid by comparison to the others, do please go right ahead. And if he attacks white men in proportion to their numbers in politics vs. blacks and women, I will retract my position.
Since kid made the Don Lemon/Oscar Acosta comparison, note Trump has never called Acosta dumb.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 4288