Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585253 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2018, 05:06:36 PM »

Does he have any dealings that would tell you he is not a racist?

Have you checked?

If you found YES to be the answer, would you simply dismiss it as "Trump doing what he needs to get ahead"?

If so - well - you are believing what you like - and that's that.

The dealing that are important are the ones that show his whole career to be an imploding criminal enterprise and those showing he mainly does the polar opposite of what he swore to at his inauguration.

His racism won’t get him removed. It will only continue to plague us throughout the death throws of this fatally wounded misadministration.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 06, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »

He insults everybody who is not him - this is not news. But he insults some folks disproportionately and in different ways. If you want to provide me with the numbers of white men he has called stupid by comparison to the others, do please go right ahead. And if he attacks white men in proportion to their numbers in politics vs. blacks and women, I will retract my position.
Since kid made the Don Lemon/Oscar Acosta comparison, note Trump has never called Acosta dumb.
Jim Acosta. Trump has called him crazy, which does not fit Jim Acosta but would definitely have described Hunter Thompson's "300 pound Samoan attorney".
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »

Scarborough: "And it’s, at least to me, it’s been shocking and somewhat embarrassing just how wrong I was all along that a huge chunk of the Republican Party was exactly what Liberals have been accusing us of being for a very long time."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/6/1786246/-Frank-Discussion-of-Racism-on-Morning-Joe

Love me some Mornin Joe

Its the blond that needs to go

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »

There is one consistent theme to Trump’s use of the term that the preceding paragraph should make obvious: Stupid people are the ones who criticize and oppose him. In the primaries, that was mostly people from his own party. Afterward, that has been less likely to be the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/06/the-people-trump-has-called-stupid/?utm_term=.f0eef4494ac2

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »

Love me some Mornin Joe. Its the blond that needs to go
Willie? If his racism don’t get you his mysogyny will.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2018, 06:09:57 PM »

There is one consistent theme to Trump’s use of the term that the preceding paragraph should make obvious: Stupid people are the ones who criticize and oppose him. In the primaries, that was mostly people from his own party. Afterward, that has been less likely to be the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/06/the-people-trump-has-called-stupid/?utm_term=.f0eef4494ac2

And the tally is?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2018, 07:12:26 PM »

Well, thats the point isnt it?

The "tally" would include many whites as well as people of color.

Re:  the apartments and keeping certain people out - loooks like it was a business decision.    Trump always all business. - But if blacks were involved - you go play that victim card all day and all night. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 06, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »

Heh.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:18 PM »

Re:  the apartments and keeping certain people out - loooks like it was a business decision.

Caught like a roach in amber. There you are, self branded for all time the racist cracker. Nothing more needs be said.

Thank god your vote doesn’t count enough to make a difference.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 06, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »

Don't suppose we could borrow Trump to run Australia instead of having to put up with no-idea Turnbull and co we have running it now?

Bet Trump wouldn't be giving American farmers dying in the dust of near-worst-ever drought only a paltry $190m in total...they having to fill out 80 question applications to get any money.
Bet he [Trump] wouldn't be giving his farmers only $190m, while giving farmers in Indonesia a very large stack of cash.

Bet Trump wouldn't be giving Indonesia hundreds of millions in aid...while his farmers were destitute/broke, with little hope of surviving.

http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2018/05/indonesia-bought-400m-worth-of-attack-helicopters-last-week-while-we-delivered-320m-in-aid.html

Indonesia bought $400M worth of attack helicopters last week - while we[Aust] delivered $320M in aid

Boeing sells the Apache AH 64E for about $48M AUD.
This week Indonesia took delivery of 8 of them - not far shy of $400M in one order.

It's a bit galling to know that Australia will send Indonesia about $320M in foreign aid this year.

But Boeing executives are popping the champagne corks, Indonesia's TNI is thrilled, the US embassy people couldn't be happier - and poor old Australian taxpayers are left shaking their heads.

#####

Simple solution...bambu-ilk can see what it is.
No degree from Harvard needed for this one either.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:51:54 PM by bambu-wisdom »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 06, 2018, 09:11:07 PM »

If he shows up this autumn, you can keep trump.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 06, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »

Well, thats the point isnt it?

The "tally" would include many whites as well as people of color.

Re:  the apartments and keeping certain people out - loooks like it was a business decision.    Trump always all business. - But if blacks were involved - you go play that victim card all day and all night.

No, Kiid.

What is the tally? You say he insults others just as much and in the same ways.

You made the claim. Back it up. If the numbers hold up, I will admit I was wrong. If they don't, you will, of course, never admit that you were wrong, but what else is new?

Provide the numbers. Or STFU. (Yeah, like you would do that, either. Making bogus claims without proof works for Trump, why not you, huh?!)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2018, 09:23:10 PM »

Looks to whom?

Most of those interviewed said they were not aware of any discrimination. However, some of the records recount the stories of black rental applicants who said they were told no apartments were available, while whites sent to check on the same apartments were offered leases.

The records, posted on the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website, include a 1974 interview with a former doorman at a Trump building in Brooklyn.

A supervisor "told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment," the ex-doorman said.

Just business decisions.

You should join Sheriff Arpaio:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/who-is-america-joe-arpaio-says-hed-accept-a-blow-job-trump-1132325
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Tells Sacha Baron Cohen He'd Accept Oral Sex From Trump

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2018, 09:28:53 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/politics/rudy-giuliani-trump-tower-cnntv/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_content=2018-06-05T01:21:43

Giuliani says the lawyers made a mistake when they admitted that Trump had penned the note.

Giuliani says they weren't lying and neither was anybody else.

Trump, Jr. says that the Russians were baiting and switching: IOW, "We thought we were colluding with the Russians, but we weren't!"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2018, 09:36:17 PM »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 4288