Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585061 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »

LOL! Wrong!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 10, 2018, 07:06:27 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 10, 2018, 07:54:01 PM »

Anti-intellectualism is alive and well in other places, not just in the US:
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/it-s-unprecedented-staffers-drown-out-reporters-by-clapping-at-doug-ford-news-conference-1.4779157

Troll Josh’s Internet search turns up international liberal fascism!
Dog bites man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2018, 08:07:59 PM »

Liberal fascism!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 10, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »

The New York Times explains its latest witch hunt to discredit SCOTUS nominee Brett Cavanaugh.

U.S. Supreme Court justices have some of the most important jobs in the country, given their lifetime appointments and the gravity of the issues facing the high court.

That’s why newsrooms across the country, including The New York Times, have spilled a lot of ink covering President Trump’s nomination of Brett M. Kavanaugh to fill the seat left vacant by Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s retirement.

As journalists, we aim to shed light on important people in the news — particularly public officials and Supreme Court nominees — to help our readers understand them, how they think and how they operate. That due diligence leads us to interview people who know the nominees, like colleagues and neighbors. It requires that we read what the nominees have written or watch speeches they’ve delivered. And it often depends on our requests for public records that could offer our readers a fresh perspective about the nominees.

In the case of Mr. Kavanaugh, The Times requested records under Maryland’s public records law from Chevy Chase Section 5, where the nominee’s wife, Ashley, serves as town manager.

We sought email records involving Judge Kavanaugh and communications that referenced hot-button topics. We believed that the records, if they existed, could provide a unique and personalized view into the nominee. We worked with the town to minimize the time and cost involved in responding to our request. (The Associated Press submitted its own request, and The Times and others have filed separate requests with the National Archives pertaining to Mr. Kavanaugh.)

Ultimately, our request yielded 85 pages of emails, none of which provided any substantive insights into Mr. Kavanaugh’s judicial philosophy. Instead, the records were largely what you would expect from a town manager’s email account — mundane dispatches about town business, from snow removals to local newsletters. Not surprisingly, a number of people, neighbors and strangers alike, sent Ashley Kavanaugh congratulations on her husband’s nomination.

In other words, it was hardly front-page news.

And yet, we recognized before submitting the request that this was a possible outcome. We often file public records requests that yield no newsworthy information.

But when it comes to reporting on a potential Supreme Court justice, we had to try.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 10, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »

Witch hunt!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 10, 2018, 08:32:32 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 10, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »

Too many questions will upset the mountain of corpses Kavanaugh is standing on.

With every GOP Senator and congressperson now fearing arrest for their “routine” nest feathering or pervert protection, it is all just too much for the snowflakes to bear.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 10, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »

"Witch hunt" and "liberal fascism" in consecutive posts, Red. Nice to see you using Donald Trump and Jonah F'ing Goldberg as intellectual lodestars.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 10, 2018, 09:54:14 PM »

"Witch hunt" and "liberal fascism" in consecutive posts, Red. Nice to see you using Donald Trump and Jonah F'ing Goldberg as intellectual lodestars.
no evidence to date suggests otherwise.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 10, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-09/islamic-state-terrorists-lose-australian-citizenship/10092678

Islamic State involvement sees five Australian terrorists stripped of citizenship

Australia has stripped five people of their citizenship due to involvement with Islamic State and "serious terrorist-related activity", Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton says.

Key points:
•Five dual citizens stripped of Australian citizenship over involvement with Islamic State
•Khaled Sharrouf is the only other person to lose Australian citizenship under 2015 anti-terror laws
•Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said more terrorists are likely to lose Australian citizenship

"We have taken a decision that these people have been involved in serious terrorist-related activity," Mr Dutton told AM.
"Australia is a safer place for not having them return," he said.

#####

Indeed.
Should be more of it...and not only for dual citizens.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 10, 2018, 10:56:54 PM »

You'd think everyone in America would be cheering for Trump's travel and immigration bans...given what happened on 9/11 etc by terrorists.

But no.
Amazing!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2018, 11:09:50 PM »

Amazing! "Trump's travel and immigration ban" wouldn't have kept out the 9/11 terrorists.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 4288