Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583870 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #480 on: August 11, 2018, 11:24:39 AM »

Hey, Red, you should get your "Better Russian than Democrat" shirt. It sounds like it fits you perfectly more and more as the days go by.

Did they make them that big? I mean, it has to be big enough to fit over his inflated ego.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 11, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 11, 2018, 11:33:46 AM »

Don't Blame Me…I Didn't Vote for the SOB
Yes….I remember those post-Nixon years very well. It was if nobody had voted for Nixon….or at least anybody who would admit to it. It was amazing....he went from a landslide victory to....crickets.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #483 on: August 11, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »

Don't Blame Me…I Didn't Vote for the SOB
Yes….I remember those post-Nixon years very well. It was if nobody had voted for Nixon….or at least anybody who would admit to it. It was amazing....he went from a landslide victory to....crickets.

During the 1972 elections one of my teachers held a mock election... it was my first time I realized how out of step I was with my peers.

In a class of 31 teens Nixon won over McGovern 28-3. I knew then it would be “an uphill climb.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 11, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »

More from the giggle inducing Petri dish.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2018/08/10/we-need-a-space-force-there-is-literally-nothing-more-pressing/?utm_term=.75020f249dd7

Alexandra cleared up one mystery, why Red can’t hear facts. He must be heavily involved in the advanced planning of Space Force. It has him out where sound doesn’t travel.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 11, 2018, 03:14:05 PM »

You can't put a price tag on preventing alien invasions.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 11, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ice-withheld-deported-parents-numbers-from-lawyers-and-advocates-aclu-says_us_5b6cd9c7e4b0ae32af96b27d

The criminal Trump administration continues to exhibit its immoral approach to the needs of humans.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 11, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/09/opinions/finally-nunes-admits-what-charade-is-all-about-zelizer/index.html

Rep. Nunes has failed the lesson of "there is always a microphone on," and confessed that he is not trying to serve the American public, just Trump.

Speaking to the donors, Nunes said: "if Sessions won't unrecuse and Mueller won't clear the President, we're the only ones. Which is really the danger ... I mean we have to keep all those seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away." Nunes' words made clear that the House's investigation has been a charade designed to protect Trump rather than to reveal the truth.
Nunes' comments appear to be an abdication of the constitutional role of Congress, to act as an independent branch of government that conducts oversight and serves as a check and balance. The comments, as well as the stance of a majority of Republicans, stand in stark contrast to the way that North Carolina's Sen. Sam Ervin pursued his congressional investigation during the Watergate scandal.
Nunes and other Republicans have been crucial to helping the President in other ways as well. They have stood by quietly in light of ongoing evidence of corruption and conflict of interest at the top of several executive departments. The contrast with the number of investigations that the Republicans conducted into the Clinton administration, for allegations much more minor than the ones Trump has faced, is revealing.

Corrupt conduct in the face of corrupt conduct.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 11, 2018, 04:49:43 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 11, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/8/15/16144070/psychology-alt-right-unite-the-right

A lot of the findings align with what we intuit about the alt-right: This group is supportive of social hierarchies that favor whites at the top. It’s distrustful of mainstream media and strongly opposed to Black Lives Matter. Respondents were highly supportive of statements like, “There are good reasons to have organizations that look out for the interests of white people.” And when they look at other groups — like black Americans, Muslims, feminists, and journalists — they’re willing to admit they see these people as “less evolved.”

But it’s the degree to which the alt-righters differed from the comparison sample that’s most striking — especially when it came to measures of dehumanization, support for collective white action, and admitting to harassing others online.

They see "other groups — like black Americans, Muslims, feminists" as "less evolved.

Are those your peeps, Kiid?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:01:16 AM by josh »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 11, 2018, 04:56:26 PM »

The best thing to do in the face of such bald corruption by slimy Devin Nunes is giving dollars to the campaign of Andrew Janz who has two months to close the deal with the district’s voters.

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/opinion/2018/08/09/devin-nunes-and-terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-summer/947514002/

It’s single digits, but there’s a lot about Nunes that lends itself to tearing him down. It’s worth spending the time and money to activate enough sensible people to drum him out in November.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:58:35 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 11, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »

There were no contacts between the campaign and foreign governments.

Oh, wait... There were no contacts with Russians.

Oh, wait... There were contacts with Russians but they weren’t improper.

Oh, wait... The Trump Tower meeting was about adoption issues.

Oh, wait... The Trump Tower meeting was about routine “opposition research.”

Oh, wait... The Russians never produced the material they’d promised, so it doesn't matter.

Oh, wait... There’s nothing improper about accepting opposition research from a foreign adversary. Collusion is legal.

Each defense has lasted until facts emerged to render it inoperative.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 01:51:50 AM by josh »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 11, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »

Best idea is not to give mechanics the keys to planes...that way they won't be able to fly them away.

Wouldn't surprise me if every terrorist in town will be training now as a mechanic and flying planes from the ground at airports.
...or posing as pilots, etc.

No hijacking needed...just climb aboard and fly away, into buildings or any other desired targets.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 4288