Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583983 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #570 on: August 13, 2018, 12:14:17 AM »

............. do you read what you link to?

Sure, padre

What portion of the piece would you like to discuss?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 13, 2018, 12:59:03 AM »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/an-11-year-old-changed-election-results-on-a-replica-florida-state-website-in-under-10-minutes

An 11-year-old boy on Friday was able to hack into a replica of the Florida state election website and change voting results found there in under 10 minutes
an 11-year-old girl also managed to make changes to the same Florida replica website in about 15 minutes, tripling the number of votes found there.

Sell said more than 30 children hacked a variety of other similar state replica websites in under a half hour.

“These are very accurate replicas of all of the sites,” Sell told the PBS NewsHour on Sunday. “These things should not be easy enough for an 8-year-old kid to hack within 30 minutes, it’s negligent for us as a society.”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #572 on: August 13, 2018, 01:03:14 AM »

Black Lives Matter voters... and candidates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/08/10/this-is-one-of-my-first-steps-michael-browns-mother-plans-to-run-for-ferguson-city-council/

McSpadden said that if elected, she would focus on three things: community policing, economic inequality and access to health care.

“I know a lot of people may ask what makes me qualified,” she said. “But I’ll tell you if a mother had to watch her son lay in the street for four and a half hours and watch a community be completely disrespected by elected officials that we elected, what would you do? You would stand up and fight, too.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/07/25/lucy-mcbath-moved-to-run-for-congress-by-sons-fatal-shooting-she-just-won-her-primary/

After her son’s death, McBath, a longtime Delta flight attendant, quit her job and shifted her focus to advocating for gun control, serving as a national spokeswoman for Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.

But, it was only last year that McBath decided to run for public office.

“I was afraid,” she told Elle in June. “I kept saying, I don’t know how to be a politician. I don’t know how to be a lawmaker. I’ve never done that before.”

On Tuesday night, McBath won a tight runoff election against businessman Kevin Abel to secure the Democratic nomination in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 13, 2018, 01:07:59 AM »

............. do you read what you link to?

Sure, padre

What portion of the piece would you like to discuss?

"We rate this promise Stalled."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #574 on: August 13, 2018, 01:34:58 AM »

Kemp and GOP govs attack Stacey Abrams $200K debt.

https://www.wabe.org/republicans-target-abrams-debt-in-latest-attack-ad/

But the last line is interesting:

Brian Kemp is allegedly in debt, too. He and two other defendants are being sued for a 500-thousand dollar unpaid loan.

What Abrams has to say...

http://fortune.com/2018/04/24/stacey-abrams-debt-georgia-governor/

...despite earning nearly six figures, my financial situation was fraught. I had racked up student loans, and throughout college and beyond, I’d swiftly turned every credit card application into those magical slivers of plastic that allowed me to pay for daily necessities. I finished my higher education deeply in debt and with seven years of bad credit in my future. Using my law firm salary, I started to pay down my credit cards and make student loan payments.

I’d love to say that was the end of my financial troubles, but life had other plans. In 2006, my youngest brother and his girlfriend had a child they could not care for due to their drug addictions. Instead, my parents took custody when my niece was five days old.

Underpaid, raising an infant, and battling their own illnesses, my parents’ bills piled up. I took on much of the financial responsibility to support them, and even today remain their main source of financial support.

Paying the bills for two households has taken its toll. Nearly twenty years after graduating, I am still paying down student loans, and am on a payment plan to settle my debt to the IRS. I have made money mistakes, but I have never ignored my responsibilities; I will meet my obligations—however slowly but surely.

But while the GOP is harrumphing over Abrams, they ain’t saying boo about SCOTUS nominee Kavanaugh who also racked up about $200K in debt... for Nationals tickets:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/07/new-strike-against-kavanaugh-season-tickets/565022/

According to financial disclosures, Kavanaugh had between $60,000 and $200,000 in debt, spread across three credit cards and a loan. (Federal rules require individuals to disclose ranges of debts, rather than specific figures, so the actual numbers are unknown.) As The Washington Post first reported, the White House has an explanation for the debts: Kavanaugh spent big on tickets to see the Washington Nationals, a team he’s known to back.

The more important, and curious, question is not how Kavanaugh accrued the debts attributed to the baseball tickets, but how he paid them down. It’s strange to imagine that a man of comparatively modest means would put tens of thousands of dollars on credit cards to buy baseball tickets, but even stranger that they would have been paid off so fast. The White House says that Kavanaugh’s friends reimbursed him for the tickets, and that he no longer buys them. The fact remains that Kavanaugh suddenly cleared at least $60,000 and as much as $200,000 in mysterious debt over one year—sums large enough that senators might well want to know who the sources of the payments were.

GOP thy name is hypocrisy.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 13, 2018, 02:10:16 AM »

Shadygate continues...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 13, 2018, 03:54:01 AM »

The two wrongs make a right argument? We have violent crazies in the US so why not bring in cultural crazies from around the globe?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2018, 08:39:05 AM »

https://7plus.com.au/sunday-night

Americans are so lucky...when the killer terrorists start shooting and hacking off heads [as in London], the Americans can whip out their guns and shoot back!
Me, I'm not allowed to carry guns, so I'm just a sitting duck for the nasty terrorists.
The nasty terrorists have swords with which to hack me up, guns off all types with which to mow me down in the street or in my home, and bombs to blow off some or all of my limbs.

Donald trump understands, about terrorists...hence his immigration and travel bans

Travel bans? Like the old Chris Rock joke: “I ain’t afraid of no Al Qaida, I’m scared of Al Cracka!”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/california-wildfire-suspect-posted-about-qanon-other-conspiracies_us_5b6dc69de4b0ae32af97e953

On his Facebook page, Clark had posted dozens of videos spanning years delving into absurd conspiracies, including beliefs that Satanists run amok and control the world. He believed Pizzagate is real (it’s not, but it did lead to a seriously dangerous situation) and more recently that someone deep within the U.S. intelligence community is posting clues to troll boards, including 4chan and 8chan, about a coming political reckoning.

Clark is accused of starting the Holy Fire that has burned nearly 20,000 acres in Southern California and is only 5 percent contained.

The latter, referred to as QAnon, has suckered legions of conspiracy-minded parties to believe that President Donald Trump is secretly busting a massive pedophile ring. They also believe the president will be liberated from all suspicion in special counsel Robert Mueller’s FBI investigation into Russia’s possible influence on the 2016 presidential election.

As HuffPost reporter Andy Campbell has pointed out, the conspiracy has led to real-world consequences. In June, a man armed with an AR-15 drove an armored vehicle onto the bridge near the Hoover Dam in Nevada where he had a standoff with police before officers arrested him. While blocking traffic, he held up a sign that read “Release the OIG report,” which QAnon had recently been posting about.

Clark’s arrest earlier this week once again puts the spotlight on the possible real impact of conspiracies.

100 Aussie best firefighters went over to help in California.

___

That joke sounds like Rock...to a tee.

We all should be afraid of al Qaeda/ISIL and all the other Muslim terrorists plotting to chop us up/blow us up....run us down in malls. shoot us in our homes, etc.
...and assist Trump-ilk who are trying to keep them away from us.

barton

« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2018, 09:11:52 AM »

Good news from Georgia district 6, Larry.   And your post on debt hypocrisy shows again that the GOP has only one ethos now:  win by whatever means necessary.   Gentlemanly politics in the GOP s dying with John McCain. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2018, 10:39:52 AM »

Someone didn't read their own link.   Teehee.

He has a tendency to (not) do that.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »

Take a sip of covfefe and chuckle as you recall that GOP is the self-anointed party of fiscal conservativism and deficit reduction.   Nothing from Redward on what happened to that pillar.
Self Annointed?
Since 2010 the GOP has gained about 1000 legislative seats across the country by winning  ELECTIONS !
In other words by winning the consent of the governed.

So, still nothing from Red on what happened to the fiscal principles of the GOP.   

Say one thing.  Get elected.  Then do the opposite of what you said.  Uh-huh.

File this under the same:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/us/politics/mulvaney-military-lending.html

Trump waves the flag and promises to protect veterans, then leaves them to the sharks when his banking buddies come to call.

And they don't even have an explanation for why they are now effectively not enforcing the rules.  They are only passing this off as bureaucratic "we don't actually have the authority..." bullshit. 

Its simple enough.  If you actually cared enough to end predatory lending practices targeting our nation's veterans you would continue an enforcement process that went unchallenged except by, surprise, lenders.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »

A story for our times:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/politics/melissa-howard-miami-university/index.html

A conservative news outlet finds that a Republican candidate in Florida didn't graduate from a university she claims to have graduated from.

She says she did, so the conservative news outlet spikes the story.

But...The university says it has no record of her graduating, though she did attend for four years.

The candidate posts a picture of herself with her diploma, which the university then points out is an obvious forgery.

The picture is taken down.

The candidate's response to all this?  "Fake news."

Liars and con-men and con-women. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »

So the President has described another African American critic, one he hired into his own administration, as "not smart."

Trumpists will deny a pattern in 3, 2, 1...

oilcan

« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »

Heh.  You need a big shovel for these guys.

And the Kansas goatfuck continues.....

The governor’s office argued in a legal opinion sent to The Star Monday morning that “Kansas law requires canvassers to look to the intent of the voter” in cases where a poll worker incorrectly tells an unaffiliated voter to cast a provisional ballot, rather than to affiliate and then vote.

“Kansas law requires that provisional ballots cast by unaffiliated voters in a primary election be construed as evidence of voter intent and must be counted,” Brant Laue, the chief legal counsel of the governor’s office, said in the letter.

Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state, has a slim lead, 110 votes, over Colyer in the GOP primary for governor. Roughly 9,000 provisional ballots are spread across the state’s 105 counties. More than 40 percent of those ballots come from Johnson and Sedgwick counties, where Kobach has appointed the top election officials.

After initially resisting calls that he recuse himself from duties overseeing the election, Kobach eventually recused himself last week and named Rucker.

Colyer’s campaign also has alleged that “many Colyer voters had difficulties finding his name on the ballot, were forced to vote on provisional ballots, or were turned away outright for unknown reasons.”

Read more here:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article216584870.html#storylink=cpy

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »

A story for our times:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/politics/melissa-howard-miami-university/index.html

A conservative news outlet finds that a Republican candidate in Florida didn't graduate from a university she claims to have graduated from.

She says she did, so the conservative news outlet spikes the story.

But...The university says it has no record of her graduating, though she did attend for four years.

The candidate posts a picture of herself with her diploma, which the university then points out is an obvious forgery.

The picture is taken down.

The candidate's response to all this?  "Fake news."

Liars and con-men and con-women.

Sounds like she has done fairly well, especially for a non-graduate.

But.............I think its what you learn in those last 3-6 credits before graduation that matters most

heh

Shame on Microsoft by the way for never checking

heh 2
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 4288