Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585047 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »

I love that bit.

Cleese is still spot on

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2UueGetlwpw

Unlike the dotard, who is decomposing like bad cheese.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »

LOL.

I didn't post to an article about the obvious deceptions of a Republican candidate who lies about their credentials, goes so far as forging a diploma, and then hides behind a total mischaracterization of the facts against her, looking for an argument.  But I should have known that there was no depth you people would not go to in order to defend the immoral character of Republicans.

I'm glad, though, that you seem to now recognize the problematic nature of the "fake news" response when politicians are facing a real criticism.  I'll note that next time it comes (directly) from your boy Trump.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:34:52 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2018, 02:31:59 PM »

I'm glad, though, that you seem to now recognize the problematic nature of the "fake news" response when politicians are facing a real criticism.  I'll note that next time it comes (directly) from your boy Trump.

And guess how far back in time we'd have to go to find that?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »

"The "fake news" quote was not from the candidate.
Kid is right.  It was her "campaign consultant" that used the term "fake news."  Howard remains an honest, and solid candidate,  The paradigm of probity and rectitude.

Just a nice  example of NEEDS fully reading what he links (or refers) to

heh

A statement from a  spokesman for her campaign comes from her, unless she refutes it.

"CNN reached out to Howard but has not heard back"

Pretty straightforward, even for you.

She posed with a diploma the school said was fake... what can see say that won’t dig her deeper into her lie?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 13, 2018, 02:42:08 PM »

More great video about the unpresident

http://youtu.be/qFyQWLXyiZo
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 13, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »

The city of Anaheim has had some cool job openings. One job was being a community representative, helping the city of Anaheim to better help our community, and to better help the homeless, and to help our city better serve us. And another job was shooting videos and stuff to promote a vision of Anaheim as being an exciting city, and which has new aspects and is constantly improving.

I would do that kind of stuff for free, as a citizen. In the USA it is our job, as we the people, to be a part of our community, and to lead our nation, the government is there to serve us. And also we can be involved with our governments. I write emails to help our city, state, and country, etc, I do posts on the web, I do all kinds of stuff, and I do it for free, and it would be kind of cool to get paid for stuff that I already do.

And one thing too, I helped a friend who ran for Mayor, and if she won she was going to let me produce a charity concert at Angel Stadium to help CASA and the foster children of Orange County. I was going to do it all for free, to help the children.

I am totally willing to do stuff to help my city. I doubt I will end up working at Anaheim City Hall, but if I do I already have suits.

Link for their page...

https://www.facebook.com/cityofanaheim/

And as an actor and producer, I can do stuff to help people even more. I can also help to bring more entertainment industry jobs to Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 13, 2018, 03:42:07 PM »

Here is a link to an article everyone should read, not just pretend to:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/13/stephen-miller-is-an-immigration-hypocrite-i-know-because-im-his-uncle-219351

Not only an outstanding critique of Trump Immigration policy and rhetoric, but goes to the "idea of America" discussion we had last week.

No hypocrisy required for Miller.

"I got mine. I don't want to share with you."

Aligns with the rest of the crew in the White House and most of those in his party.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 13, 2018, 03:52:55 PM »

Weird that they don't understand the difference in immigration and its potential pifalls in 2018 vs in 1903.

I think Mr Miller can both value the opportunities given to his ancestors in early 1900s America - AND be cautious to the atrocities that lie in allowing all out open immigration in 2018.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 13, 2018, 04:13:31 PM »

Weird that they don't understand the difference in immigration and its potential pifalls in 2018 vs in 1903.

I think Mr Miller can both value the opportunities given to his ancestors in early 1900s America - AND be cautious to the atrocities that lie in allowing all out open immigration in 2018.

Whomever "they" is, Miller's uncle addresses this directly:

President Trump wants to make us believe that these desperate migrants are an existential threat to the United States; the most powerful nation in world history and a nation made strong by immigrants. Trump and my nephew both know their immigrant and refugee roots. Yet, they repeat the insults and false accusations of earlier generations against these refugees to make them seem less than human. Trump publicly parades the grieving families of people hurt or killed by migrants, just as the early Nazis dredged up Jewish criminals to frighten and enrage their political base to justify persecution of all Jews. Almost every American family has an immigration story of its own based on flight from war, poverty, famine, persecution, fear or hopelessness. These immigrants became the workers, entrepreneurs, scientists and soldiers of America.

Those potential "atrocities" are made up, kidcarter8.  In part, but not only because, we don't have an "all out open" immigration, but a sophisticated and time consuming vetting system that Trump dismisses as ineffective without any evidence to the contrary.  And good people are every bit as in need and deserving of refugee status now as they were in 1903.

I said last week that those thinking that the United States faced an existential crisis brought on by changing demographics couldn't explain their thinking as anything beyond "I feel more comfortable around White People."

Nothing you have argued before or since, kidcarter8, has proven me wrong.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 13, 2018, 04:36:07 PM »

Sounds like you don't know exactly what the current immigration laws are.

And I am sure you are one of the fairly high % that didnt know kids separated at the border from parents were fostered under Obama's 8 year run

Trump is being cautious - for the good of the nation.  Immigration isnt coming to a halt.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 13, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »

You are right. Trump’s ill conceived bellyflops on this issue have had negligible effect on the flow of immigrants and asylum seekers. It has produced a juicy boondoggle for GEO Group and the domestic torture industry.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 13, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »

I see the Liberal Facists at Pro Publica are soliciting ( via Twitter) photos or pictures of Brett Kavanaugh and any seatmates at any 2017 Washington Nationals game.
Their stated reasoning:

Figuring out who Kavanaugh brought to games could be relevant to his confirmation. It would help:

Understand more about his relationships and any potential questions they might raise for the Supreme Court justice.
Get a better sense of what went into this unusual amount of debt for a judge in his position.
Or maybe just affirm that the guy really does love baseball for the judicial inspiration.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 13, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »

Jonah Goldberg!!!!!!
Goldberg had an opinion on Pro Publica’s tweets? 
Got a link?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 13, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

Liberal fascist!!!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 4288