Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585247 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #660 on: August 14, 2018, 05:03:50 PM »

SCOREBOARD!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »

Talking about a suicidal death cult! Just two messed up a marathon. Just one destroyed a gay bar. A couple dozen brought down an iconic landmark along with frying thousands of innocents. A good many like the travel ban and a stricter enforcement of immigration laws. Dems should stick to economics and social programs and support the great job being done by ICE and The Border Patrol if they want to win national elections.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »

Quote from: REDSTATEWARD link=topic=55.msg65473#msg65473
Over the last decade voters have used their Constitutional voting responsibility to put the GOP in power at the Federal Level and in a majority of states.

Funny I don't recall the Constitution calling for only white people who've never been convicted of a felony and haven't moved within their districts and have a picture ID card and speak and read English fluently and can drive a car and have the physical strength to stand in a long line for several hours if needed....to vote.   But,  hey,  if that's what the Constitution calls for,  then BRAVO!

BUT,  alas,  I think Needs was talking about the duty of elected officials to defend the Constitution from corrupt public officials.   So you kinda ducked his point and yelled scoreboard. 

As Yank observed.   He's observant,  that guy. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:19:59 PM by Bart »

barton

« Reply #663 on: August 14, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 14, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »

SCOREBOARD!!!!
Repititition is the Mother of knowledge.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 14, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »

Good Lord - can we stop posting that ridiculous map?

So..........the "good guys" have taken down (or think they have) Melissa Howard - a representative for state office.

Niiiiiice work.

Have to wonder if they have done any research into her stance on issues, her work history, quotes on matters of import, charitable work, etc.

Nah........

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 14, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »

Trump is what?  German?  Do you think if young immigrant Germans were committing ghastly crimes vs children in the US en masse' he would act to do anything about stopping them at the southern border?

The fact that he is acting to protect LATINO youth in this nation (by going after MS13) and you are scoffing at it makes YOU seem racist, I'd say.  Maybe you'd be more behind it if little Jane and Jessie Whitegirl had been beheaded.
en masse? Nope. Not happening. That scare.tactic is the racism. Equating all immigration with MS13 is the racism.

And - protecting Latino youth be separating them from their parents at the border? Seriously? Sending them back - because this country sill eventually send them back - to the violence and danger they escaped protecting them? That's Orwellian logic.

MS13 is not an immigration problem. It is a law enforcement problem. Arresting parents and seizing minor children has nothing to do with MS13. That you and Trump argue it does is the racism.

Kids separated at the border can stay in the US.  That is the aim of many of the parents legitimately bringing the kids in.

Got any evidence to support that?

(see me not holding my breath)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 14, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »

Needs - I am not against current immigration policy.  Immigrants CAN become citizens.  I know this first hand.

And currently, there is a program to review such citizens and potentially take it away from them, just as they have been deporting Green Card holders.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 14, 2018, 05:38:03 PM »

Willingness to run as a republican in the current environment signals an embrace of rampant corruption, incompetence, and criminality in public officials. Only in the case of exceptions do you need to know any particulars, and there are miserably few exceptions.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 14, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »

And I am sure you are one of the fairly high % that didnt know kids separated at the border from parents were fostered under Obama's 8 year run
Actions based on individualized suspicion and circumstances are not the same.thing as a broad based policy deliberately designed to inflict suffering.

And.Grump is npt.acting to keep us safe. Throwing asylum,seekers in jail,and separating families does nothing to keep us safe. He is.a bigot playing to other bigots.

I think you and Josh are out on the limb with this

The second part you are wrong about.

Trump is what?  German?  Do you think if young immigrant Germans were committing ghastly crimes vs children in the US en masse' he would act to do anything about stopping them at the southern border?

The fact that he is acting to protect LATINO youth in this nation (by going after MS13) and you are scoffing at it makes YOU seem racist, I'd say.  Maybe you'd be more behind it if little Jane and Jessie Whitegirl had been beheaded.

No?  You don't like being labeled that way?  Exactly.

I'm not arguing that it was intentionally to inflict suffering, per se.

It was intentionally to (a) deter more applicants and (b) to blackmail the democrats into funding his wall.

In order to have any deterrent effect or blackmail effect, it had to be distasteful to those who care about the children. Hence the suffering.

And... if suffering was not a welcome side effect of their efforts, then why intentionally not keep records of where the kids went? Why stonewall getting them back with their families?

I didn't say that, Kiid - TRUMP said it.

Sorry if you don't like it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 14, 2018, 05:43:39 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 14, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »

So..........the "good guys" have taken down (or think they have) Melissa Howard - a representative for state office.

Niiiiiice work.

Have to wonder if they have done any research into her stance on issues, her work history, quotes on matters of import, charitable work, etc.

Nah........

You realize the opponent who has taken her down is Republican, right?

Feel like I need to say this, because I'm pretty sure you don't.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 14, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »

Good Lord - can we stop posting that ridiculous map?

Yeah, you hate the truth. I get it - you resemble that remark.

Boy are you stuck in your world view, Kiid.

It was Florida News (www.flanews.com) that did it.

They're conservative, not liberal or even moderate. "The conservative choice for Florida news & politics" is what their page says.

Ask them if they considered her positions, not us. We aren't the person who chose to falsify her info, defended it to the core, created a bogus diploma to show off (or as a friend in the business said, "nicely framed"), or eventually came clean - and then deleted the apology!

I get it, though. You don't care if they lie, cheat, or break the law so long as their policies agree with yours!

Kiid, you are nothing if not consistent.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 14, 2018, 05:51:59 PM »

Red will be here any second to call Kid "amoral". 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 14, 2018, 05:55:18 PM »

Even if the dems take the House they can’t roll back the tax cuts.

So what?  Republicans couldn’t roll back the ACA either, that didn’t stop them from campaigning against it in 2010.  Lordy, do you get how politics works?  Evidently not.

But go ahead and use it as a campaign strategy. You will only cause dems to stay home while inspiring greater turnout by the GOP.

I’m not sure why you continue to think I am running for office.

Regardles…If the Trump Tax Cuts were galvanizing for GOP voters GOP candidates would be running on them.  They are not.  Instead they are shouting scary words like “Immigrants!” and  “Pelosi!”  because that is all they have after two years of total control.

Constitutional responsibility?
Over the last decade voters have used their Constitutional voting responsibility to put the GOP in power at the Federal Level and in a majority of states.

And the GOP have used that power to redistribute wealth toward their wealthy donors, and shield an epically unpopular, corrupt, venal and self-dealing white supremacist-loving President from any accountability to the American people.

My guess is the American people will show you what they think of that in November.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:56:51 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 4288