Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595426 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #705 on: August 14, 2018, 09:50:58 PM »

Did you stop researching the matter when you got to 280 characters?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 14, 2018, 09:51:17 PM »

Well, except for a booming economy, record low unemployment, a solid foreign policy with a beefed up military to enforce it.

Well, you seem convinced REDSTATEWARD.  But then, someone like you wouldn't need convincing.

For voters not completely divorced from reality, Republicans had to run scary commercials shouting "Pelosi!" at the 11th hour in Ohio to keep from losing a House district they have held for 30 years.

We will see how that strategy works out in less red districts in November.
Speaking of the Ohio House District. The democrat’s closing ad acknowledged the GOP attack on Pelosi with the laughable line of We need new leadership in both parties."
He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

A name given to the GOP by a member of the GOP.

Well earned then and now.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 14, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »

Trump is what?  German?  Do you think if young immigrant Germans were committing ghastly crimes vs children in the US en masse' he would act to do anything about stopping them at the southern border?

The fact that he is acting to protect LATINO youth in this nation (by going after MS13) and you are scoffing at it makes YOU seem racist, I'd say.  Maybe you'd be more behind it if little Jane and Jessie Whitegirl had been beheaded.
en masse? Nope. Not happening. That scare.tactic is the racism. Equating all immigration with MS13 is the racism.

And - protecting Latino youth be separating them from their parents at the border? Seriously? Sending them back - because this country sill eventually send them back - to the violence and danger they escaped protecting them? That's Orwellian logic.

MS13 is not an immigration problem. It is a law enforcement problem. Arresting parents and seizing minor children has nothing to do with MS13. That you and Trump argue it does is the racism.

Kids separated at the border can stay in the US.  That is the aim of many of the parents legitimately bringing the kids in.

Got any evidence to support that?

(see me not holding my breath)

You're kidding, right?

You're kidding, right?

Do you have evidence that the kids who were taken from their parents will be allowed to stay?

That's what I'm asking for.

I will let you research for yourself what the options are for kids detained at the border (family of course decides)

No, I have no evidence to support my position.

And even if you had any, I would deny it applied, just like Red does.

Translation provided at no cost.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #708 on: August 14, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

Jeff Colyer conceded in KS GOP gubernatorial...

This should be interesting...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 14, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »

Red is fully prepared to be a post-impeachment never-trumper. Till then, he’s standing by his man and taking amoral perfidy and peddling obvious falsehood on the road. It won’t be till trump’s popularity hits 22% or 23% that we’ll see a peel away of supporters as thick as Red.

Good thing for Red, "Aldo the Apache" is no longer around.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 14, 2018, 10:03:43 PM »

https://thinkprogress.org/hallquist-primary-win-a447dbbec2c1/

Well done.  Truly historic.

Best of luck in November.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 14, 2018, 10:15:38 PM »

Well........

it's KOBACH, dirty pool or not

https://twitter.com/GOPPollAnalyst/status/1029535513437523968

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 14, 2018, 10:19:48 PM »

Well, except for a booming economy, record low unemployment, a solid foreign policy with a beefed up military to enforce it.

Well, you seem convinced REDSTATEWARD.  But then, someone like you wouldn't need convincing.

For voters not completely divorced from reality, Republicans had to run scary commercials shouting "Pelosi!" at the 11th hour in Ohio to keep from losing a House district they have held for 30 years.

Speaking of the Ohio House District. The democrat’s closing ad acknowledged the GOP attack on Pelosi with the laughable line of We need new leadership in both parties."
He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

I’ll be glad to review the highlights of elections since 2008 when democrats ruled our world.
You wanna go there?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 14, 2018, 10:27:29 PM »

SCOREBOARD!!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 14, 2018, 10:43:11 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

I’ll be glad to review the highlights of elections since 2008 when democrats ruled our world.
You wanna go there?

Sure.

GOP blocks action on climate change. Stupid.

GOP blocks action on immigration. Stupid.

GOP blocks action on fixing health care. Stupid.

GOP blocks action to safeguard voting machines. Stupid.

GOP blocks jobs bill after jobs bill after jobs bill. Stupid.

GOP blocks Supreme Court nomination for no good reason. Stupid.

GOP investigates Clinton's emails every which way, but provides little oversight into Russian voting interference. Stupid.

GOP nominates misogynists, white supremacists, evolution deniers, holocaust deniers, and the like. Stupid.

GOP stops pretending they care about the deficit. Stupid.

GOP stops pretending they care about morality. Stupid.

Red, you act like this is a game to be won or lost and to gloat over when you win.

But these are people's lives being destroyed by your party. This is the world, not even just the country, being put at risk by your short-sighted views of the econonomy and the environment. ("Your" is plural there, in case you were going to insist you had done no such thing.)

Your party's members act, then eventually realize the folly of its actions, then apologize and go the other way, but only in the one area they realized they screwed up. They cannot extrapolate to see how the same flawed reasoning screwed up in other areas.

So, we get this one backing down from opposition to same sex marriage, that one expressing remorse for the treatment of the EPA, and a host of other such things, but they don't trickle down much better than the economy seems to.

And yes, the 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016 elections were very good for your party, overall, even excepting the 2012 presidential election, but you seem to think that means you are winning and it doesn't.

It means you are losing and bragging about it because your myopia prevents you from seeing the costs of what you are doing, in human terms.

I spent several years with you, "taking the high road," painstakingly putting for the evidence of those costs, whether to the poor, the ecology, the vulnerable citizens of the US and the world. You responded to exactly zero of those overtures with anything but disdain and, at best, apathy.

You denied the North Carolina GOP's racism the same way you deny President Trump's, and with as little reason.

You are a dinosaur, but you are intent on making the rest of us dinosaurs with you and it is incredibly sad.

I feel no triumph over the "I told you so" messages you will expect in the future, when the world is burning far worse than it is today. I feel pity for you, but more I feel regret that there has proven to be no way to communicate effectively with you. Even if you were to lose at the ballot box for as long as you have won or more, you would deny there was any underlying cause to it like a failed understanding of the world we are in.

And you will blame the Dems and the scientists and what you call the elites for their failure to save the world, if they do. And if they succeed in saving the world, despite your best efforts, you will be like one of those post-2000 folks who said, "See? I told you there was no problem! You people exaggerated it to make yourselves important."

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 14, 2018, 10:50:24 PM »

SCOREBOARD!!
Please call it up.
It hasn’t changed.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 14, 2018, 10:55:49 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

You wanna go there?

Sure.

GOP investigates Clinton's emails every which way, but provides little oversight into Russian voting interference. Stupid.

GOP nominates misogynists, white supremacists, evolution deniers, holocaust deniers, and the like. Stupid.

Red, you act like this is a game to be won or lost and to gloat over when you win.

But these are people's lives being destroyed by your party. This is the world, not even just the country, being put at risk by your short-sighted views of the econonomy and the environment. ("Your" is plural there, in case you were going to insist you had done no such thing.)

Your party's members act, then eventually realize the folly of its actions, then apologize and go the other way, but only in the one area they realized they screwed up. They cannot extrapolate to see how the same flawed reasoning screwed up in other areas.

So, we get this one backing down from opposition to same sex marriage, that one expressing remorse for the treatment of the EPA, and a host of other such things, but they don't trickle down much better than the economy seems to.

And yes, the 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016 elections were very good for your party, overall, even excepting the 2012 presidential election, but you seem to think that means you are winning and it doesn't.

It means you are losing and bragging about it because your myopia prevents you from seeing the costs of what you are doing, in human terms.

I spent several years with you, "taking the high road," painstakingly putting for the evidence of those costs, whether to the poor, the ecology, the vulnerable citizens of the US and the world. You responded to exactly zero of those overtures with anything but disdain and, at best, apathy.

You denied the North Carolina GOP's racism the same way you deny President Trump's, and with as little reason.

You are a dinosaur, but you are intent on making the rest of us dinosaurs with you and it is incredibly sad.

I feel no triumph over the "I told you so" messages you will expect in the future, when the world is burning far worse than it is today. I feel pity for you, but more I feel regret that there has proven to be no way to communicate effectively with you. Even if you were to lose at the ballot box for as long as you have won or more, you would deny there was any underlying cause to it like a failed understanding of the world we are in.

And you will blame the Dems and the scientists and what you call the elites for their failure to save the world, if they do. And if they succeed in saving the world, despite your best efforts, you will be like one of those post-2000 folks who said, "See? I told you there was no problem! You people exaggerated it to make yourselves important."
Josh, a long time ago (1950) an American legal hero, Joseph Welch, dispatched Joe Mccarthy to political hell with the immortal phrase “ have you no sense of decency

barton

« Reply #717 on: August 14, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »

Jeff Colyer conceded in KS GOP gubernatorial...

This should be interesting...

Wonderful news for the Democratic challenger.   Kansas has expanding blue zones,  and Kobach's brand of bigotry and chicanery should help to expand them out into purple suburban areas of Johnson and Sedgwick counties.   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 14, 2018, 11:02:48 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

You wanna go there?

Sure.

Josh, a long time ago (1950) an American legal hero, Joseph Welch, dispatched Joe Mccarthy to political hell with the immortal phrase “ have you no sense of decency
You got your year wrong you pedagogical fraud. At the very least a "teacher" should get his facts correct.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #719 on: August 14, 2018, 11:05:52 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

You wanna go there?

Sure.

Bitch, please...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 4288