Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583864 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #720 on: August 14, 2018, 11:06:22 PM »

Well, except for a booming economy, record low unemployment, a solid foreign policy with a beefed up military to enforce it.

Well, you seem convinced REDSTATEWARD.  But then, someone like you wouldn't need convincing.

For voters not completely divorced from reality, Republicans had to run scary commercials shouting "Pelosi!" at the 11th hour in Ohio to keep from losing a House district they have held for 30 years.

We will see how that strategy works out in less red districts in November.
Speaking of the Ohio House District. The democrat’s closing ad acknowledged the GOP attack on Pelosi with the laughable line of We need new leadership in both parties."
He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

A name given to the GOP by a member of the GOP.

Well earned then and now.
I’ll be glad to review the highlights of elections since 2008 when democrats ruled our world.
You wanna go there?

Sure.

GOP blocks action on climate change. Stupid.

GOP blocks action on immigration. Stupid.

GOP blocks action on fixing health care. Stupid.

GOP blocks action to safeguard voting machines. Stupid.

GOP blocks jobs bill after jobs bill after jobs bill. Stupid.

GOP blocks Supreme Court nomination for no good reason. Stupid.

GOP investigates Clinton's emails every which way, but provides little oversight into Russian voting interference. Stupid.

GOP nominates misogynists, white supremacists, evolution deniers, holocaust deniers, and the like. Stupid.

GOP stops pretending they care about the deficit. Stupid.

GOP stops pretending they care about morality. Stupid.

Red, you act like this is a game to be won or lost and to gloat over when you win.

But these are people's lives being destroyed by your party. This is the world, not even just the country, being put at risk by your short-sighted views of the econonomy and the environment. ("Your" is plural there, in case you were going to insist you had done no such thing.)

Your party's members act, then eventually realize the folly of its actions, then apologize and go the other way, but only in the one area they realized they screwed up. They cannot extrapolate to see how the same flawed reasoning screwed up in other areas.

So, we get this one backing down from opposition to same sex marriage, that one expressing remorse for the treatment of the EPA, and a host of other such things, but they don't trickle down much better than the economy seems to.

And yes, the 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016 elections were very good for your party, overall, even excepting the 2012 presidential election, but you seem to think that means you are winning and it doesn't.

It means you are losing and bragging about it because your myopia prevents you from seeing the costs of what you are doing, in human terms.

I spent several years with you, "taking the high road," painstakingly putting for the evidence of those costs, whether to the poor, the ecology, the vulnerable citizens of the US and the world. You responded to exactly zero of those overtures with anything but disdain and, at best, apathy.

You denied the North Carolina GOP's racism the same way you deny President Trump's, and with as little reason.

You are a dinosaur, but you are intent on making the rest of us dinosaurs with you and it is incredibly sad.

I feel no triumph over the "I told you so" messages you will expect in the future, when the world is burning far worse than it is today. I feel pity for you, but more I feel regret that there has proven to be no way to communicate effectively with you. Even if you were to lose at the ballot box for as long as you have won or more, you would deny there was any underlying cause to it like a failed understanding of the world we are in.

And you will blame the Dems and the scientists and what you call the elites for their failure to save the world, if they do. And if they succeed in saving the world, despite your best efforts, you will be like one of those post-2000 folks who said, "See? I told you there was no problem! You people exaggerated it to make yourselves important."
Josh, a long time ago (1950)an American legal hero, Joseph Welch,  dispatched a bigot named Joe McCarthy to political hell with 7 words, “ Have you no sense of decency, sir?”

I find it encouraging that your bigoted and offensive post of a KKK-hooded White House has been ignored by everyone else in this forum.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 14, 2018, 11:09:18 PM »

Well, except for a booming economy, record low unemployment, a solid foreign policy with a beefed up military to enforce it.

Well, you seem convinced REDSTATEWARD.  But then, someone like you wouldn't need convincing.

For voters not completely divorced from reality, Republicans had to run scary commercials shouting "Pelosi!" at the 11th hour in Ohio to keep from losing a House district they have held for 30 years.

Speaking of the Ohio House District. The democrat’s closing ad acknowledged the GOP attack on Pelosi with the laughable line of We need new leadership in both parties."
He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

I’ll be glad to review the highlights of elections since 2008 when democrats ruled our world.
You wanna go there?

Sure.

GOP investigates Clinton's emails every which way, but provides little oversight into Russian voting interference. Stupid.

GOP nominates misogynists, white supremacists, evolution deniers, holocaust deniers, and the like. Stupid.

Red, you act like this is a game to be won or lost and to gloat over when you win.

But these are people's lives being destroyed by your party. This is the world, not even just the country, being put at risk by your short-sighted views of the econonomy and the environment. ("Your" is plural there, in case you were going to insist you had done no such thing.)

Your party's members act, then eventually realize the folly of its actions, then apologize and go the other way, but only in the one area they realized they screwed up. They cannot extrapolate to see how the same flawed reasoning screwed up in other areas.

So, we get this one backing down from opposition to same sex marriage, that one expressing remorse for the treatment of the EPA, and a host of other such things, but they don't trickle down much better than the economy seems to.

And yes, the 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016 elections were very good for your party, overall, even excepting the 2012 presidential election, but you seem to think that means you are winning and it doesn't.

It means you are losing and bragging about it because your myopia prevents you from seeing the costs of what you are doing, in human terms.

I spent several years with you, "taking the high road," painstakingly putting for the evidence of those costs, whether to the poor, the ecology, the vulnerable citizens of the US and the world. You responded to exactly zero of those overtures with anything but disdain and, at best, apathy.

You denied the North Carolina GOP's racism the same way you deny President Trump's, and with as little reason.

You are a dinosaur, but you are intent on making the rest of us dinosaurs with you and it is incredibly sad.

I feel no triumph over the "I told you so" messages you will expect in the future, when the world is burning far worse than it is today. I feel pity for you, but more I feel regret that there has proven to be no way to communicate effectively with you. Even if you were to lose at the ballot box for as long as you have won or more, you would deny there was any underlying cause to it like a failed understanding of the world we are in.

And you will blame the Dems and the scientists and what you call the elites for their failure to save the world, if they do. And if they succeed in saving the world, despite your best efforts, you will be like one of those post-2000 folks who said, "See? I told you there was no problem! You people exaggerated it to make yourselves important."
Josh, a long time ago (1950) an American legal hero, Joseph Welch, dispatched Joe Mccarthy to political hell with the immortal phrase “ have you no sense of decency
You got your year wrong you pedagogical fraud. At the very least a "teacher" should get his facts correct.
Okay, I will add you to the Josh column supporting bigotry.
You should feel so proud.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 14, 2018, 11:13:18 PM »

Red, always a pleasure to see you go full Cartman.

Also, it’s funny you bring it up, sloppy chronology and all because that’s exactly what Josh has been asking you, “have you no sense of decency?”

So far all signs point to No.

Since you first picked that “winner”, that “winner” has sure picked over you. Now there’s not much left, some spite, no spine. You manage to go about without looking around or absorbing any accurate reporting so you can maintain values inverted from and abhorrent to the institutions the party you adhere to has maneuvered to subvert and control. 

Thankfully a growing majority of Americans are done with everything you hold dear.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 14, 2018, 11:17:25 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

You wanna go there?

Sure.

Josh, a long time ago (1950) an American legal hero, Joseph Welch, dispatched Joe Mccarthy to political hell with the immortal phrase “ have you no sense of decency
You got your year wrong you pedagogical fraud. At the very least a "teacher" should get his facts correct.
Okay, I will add you to the Josh column supporting bigotry.
You should feel so proud.
The curent occupant of that home believes the White Supremacist movement possesses some "fine people." I don't recall your taking umbrage at that. I've never called you a racist, bigot or White Supremacist. You obviously don't care that the leader of your party demonstrably is, though. But since you got your tax "cut" and your Supreme Court poised to overrule Roe v. Wade, why should you care? 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:21:38 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 14, 2018, 11:19:50 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

You wanna go there?

Sure.

Yes, in 1954, Joseph Welch said that. Have you read (or heard) it in its entirety?

It talks about McCarthy's cruelty. Pretty mild cruelty compared to your party, but your whole response to my willingness to engage in a discussion about The Party of Stupid is to refer to Welch's final comment to Senator McCarthy?

You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

I think the quote is apt, Red State Ward:

You've done enough.

But we know that this GOP has left no sense of decency, with its defense of the child kidnapping program, its defense of the violation of our laws and treaties by blocking asylum seekers, its blithe acceptance of insults of our allies and embrace of Vladimir Putin, its ongoing love affair with the NRA over the lives of our children, and its complete and utter dereliction of duty to the security of our country as both scientists and the Pentagon have pointed out to this President and this Congress.

You personify the GOP.

I'm sure you are proud and will remain so, even as the temperatures rise and the forests burn.

Congratulations. You "won."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 14, 2018, 11:30:40 PM »

He lost.

Oh, Prunella!
The party of stupid

You wanna go there?

Sure.

Josh, a long time ago (1950)an American legal hero, Joseph Welch,  dispatched a bigot named Joe McCarthy to political hell with 7 words, “ Have you no sense of decency, sir?”

I find it encouraging that your bigoted and offensive post of a KKK-hooded White House has been ignored by everyone else in this forum.

It was surely offensive, Red.

It was not bigoted. It was based on the conduct of the Racist-in-Chief, through actions that you and Kiid embrace.

But I assure you, you are not nearly as offended by that as you ought to be by the actions that prompted that cartoon to be created.

You ought to be offended that Trump hired Omarosa to start with.

You ought to be offended that Omarosa could so easily and casually record a conversation in the Situation Room.

You ought to be offended that President Trump is spending his time focused on Omarosa.

Or so many other things.

But you have no sense of decency left.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #726 on: August 14, 2018, 11:33:10 PM »

Josh's cartoon seemed like legitimate political commentary.   The occupant of the WH has openly expressed his endorsement of white nationalism and bigotry.   You're a legal scholar,  so I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of a preponderance of evidence.   

A feeble try at isolating Josh,  with a touch of gaslighting.  You're getting desperate.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 14, 2018, 11:45:33 PM »

Trump's "you are doing a pisspoor job, there's the door"

vs

Obama's "I created this cabinet of color for a reason and you can stay as long as I am in office".

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 14, 2018, 11:47:42 PM »

Josh's cartoon seemed like legitimate political commentary.   The occupant of the WH has openly expressed his endorsement of white nationalism and bigotry.   You're a legal scholar,  so I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of a preponderance of evidence.   

A feeble try at isolating Josh,  with a touch of gaslighting.  You're getting desperate.
I’m not.
But you are.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 14, 2018, 11:54:48 PM »

Red, did you like Kiid's attempt to deflect the problem with Melissa Howard, by complaining about the "good" guys who got her - totally ignoring that it was a conservative paper that caught her, ignoring her lies, and everything else.

"It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree."

Were you offended by that?

You should have been.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 14, 2018, 11:55:00 PM »

I’m not.
But you are.

Cartman, you corpulent snot. You are so precious, so perfect, so impervious...

vs

Obama's "I created this cabinet of color expertsfor a reason and you can stay as long as I am in office".

It’s good you can see there is a difference, less good you are confused about which is the better approach.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 15, 2018, 12:01:11 AM »

From Yankguy
The curent occupant of that home believes the White Supremacist movement possesses some "fine people." I don't recall your taking umbrage at that.
[/i]
But I did with a caveat that it was probably the wrong thing to say( which it was). 

I've never called you a racist, bigot or White Supremacist. You obviously don't care that the leader of your party demonstrably is, though.
demonstrably? Please explain.

But since you got your tax "cut" and your Supreme Court poised to overrule Roe v. Wade, why should you care?
The tax cut and SCOTUS were campaign promises. Why should anyone apologize when voters agreed.?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:06:19 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 15, 2018, 12:01:50 AM »

vs

Obama's "I created this cabinet of color for a reason and you can stay as long as I am in office".

You can't defend Trump's den of iniquity, so you attack Obama's administration.

How many people have left Trump's employ at this point? How many scandals? He seldom gets rid of anybody for doing a poor job. He gets rid of them when he gets sufficiently fed up with the news stories about their corruption. It's a wonder Ross is still there - but he is the hallmark for why you are flat wrong about Trump.

Go ahead and count the Obama administration scandals. Then count the Trump administration scandals.

Try to do it honestly, though. I know it will be tough for you.

Then understand that I was livid with some of what Obama did - policy and decisions, both. You? You can't even admit Trump is racist, how are you going to admit he had bad taste when it came to a lot of his hiring decisions?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 15, 2018, 12:02:41 AM »

I’m not.
But you are.

3rd grad Red.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

No defense, so back to elementary school responses.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 15, 2018, 12:06:56 AM »

Red, did you like Kiid's attempt to deflect the problem with Melissa Howard, by complaining about the "good" guys who got her - totally ignoring that it was a conservative paper that caught her, ignoring her lies, and everything else.

"It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree."

Were you offended by that?

You should have been.

That it mattered is what is ridiculous

But state politics have been given all the attention they deserve and then some

Governor races?  Sure. lets hear it.  Other than that -

fmeh.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 4288