Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599180 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #735 on: August 15, 2018, 12:10:17 AM »

From Yankguy

The curent occupant of that home believes the White Supremacist movement possesses some "fine people." I don't recall your taking umbrage at that.

But I did with a caveat that it was probably the wrong thing to say( which it was). 

I've never called you a racist, bigot or White Supremacist. You obviously don't care that the leader of your party demonstrably is, though.
demonstrably? Please explain.

But since you got your tax "cut" and your Supreme Court poised to overrule Roe v. Wade, why should you care?
The tax cut and SCOTUS were campaign promises. Why should anyone apologize when voters agreed.?
From Yankguy

The current occupant of that home believes the White Supremacist movement possesses some "fine people." I don't recall your taking umbrage at that.

But I did with a caveat that it was probably the wrong thing to say( which it was). 

I've never called you a racist, bigot or White Supremacist. You obviously don't care that the leader of your party demonstrably is, though.
demonstrably? Please explain.

But since you got your tax "cut" and your Supreme Court poised to overrule Roe v. Wade, why should you care?
The tax cut and SCOTUS were campaign promises. Why should anyone apologize when voters agreed.?
Who's asking for an apology? Being amoral means never having to say you're sorry.

You've asked me to explain "demonstrably"? Already done. That "fine" people thing? Do you actually need more?  I know it's hard to be as dumb as Kid, but keep trying you might get there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:12:06 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 15, 2018, 12:11:53 AM »

I find it encouraging that your bigoted and offensive post of a KKK-hooded White House has been ignored by everyone else in this forum. 

Josh's cartoon seemed like legitimate political commentary.   The occupant of the WH has openly expressed his endorsement of white nationalism and bigotry.   You're a legal scholar,  so I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of a preponderance of evidence.   

A feeble try at isolating Josh,  with a touch of gaslighting.  You're getting desperate.
I’m not.
But you are.

3rd grad Red.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

No defense, so back to elementary school responses.
t
You are the bigot, Josh.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 15, 2018, 12:18:57 AM »

Red, did you like Kiid's attempt to deflect the problem with Melissa Howard, by complaining about the "good" guys who got her - totally ignoring that it was a conservative paper that caught her, ignoring her lies, and everything else.

"It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree."

Were you offended by that?

You should have been.

That it mattered is what is ridiculous

Yeah, because liars and cheats are welcome in your party.

We get it, Kiid.

You don't think people should be held responsible.

State elections determine redistricting of Congressional seats. Seem important to me.

Oh, but you support gerrymandering, too. I forgot.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 15, 2018, 12:22:17 AM »

I find it encouraging that your bigoted and offensive post of a KKK-hooded White House has been ignored by everyone else in this forum. 

Josh's cartoon seemed like legitimate political commentary.   The occupant of the WH has openly expressed his endorsement of white nationalism and bigotry.   You're a legal scholar,  so I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of a preponderance of evidence.   

A feeble try at isolating Josh,  with a touch of gaslighting.  You're getting desperate.
I’m not.
But you are.

3rd grad Red.

t
You are the bigot, Josh.

Remember this highlight, Red?
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article193814154.html

You denied there was any evidence the GOP in NC was racist.

You are the bigot. So is your party's leader, even while you insist he is not.

No amount of "whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you like glue" from your fingers will change the truth.

Having a racist claim that it is racist to call him racist is old hat and not true when it was new, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 15, 2018, 12:37:24 AM »

I’m not.
But you are.

3rd grad Red.

t
You are the bigot, Josh.

Remember this highlight, Red?
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article193814154.html

You denied there was any evidence the GOP in NC was racist.
Josh, are you serious..?The issue is “partisan” gerrymandering.
Which is is Constitutional and still is
Do you read any reliable news beyond democrat talking points?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:39:29 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 15, 2018, 12:41:28 AM »

Red, did you like Kiid's attempt to deflect the problem with Melissa Howard, by complaining about the "good" guys who got her - totally ignoring that it was a conservative paper that caught her, ignoring her lies, and everything else.

"It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree."

You should have been.

We get it, Kiid.

State elections determine redistricting of Congressional seats. Seem important to me.

Never heard of him

:)

Stay stressed, my friend

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 15, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »

See what happens...
...when politicians impose massive, often-non-integrating immigration on the People...thereby overcrowding everything, ...roads, housing, employment, transport, hospitals, infrastructure, cities, suburbs, everywhere...and forcing multiculturalism on citizens.
And 20 or so local, convicted, jailed, terrorists who seem to be mostly of the Muslim faith and of "Middle Eastern appearance" are shown on a current affairs program last Sunday night. Terrorists who were plotting to blow us icons and people.....

you get this;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/anning-says-final-solution-speech-taken-out-of-context/ar-BBLWh7t?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Anning says final solution speech 'taken out of context'

Queensland Senator Fraser Anning is refusing to apologise for his maiden speech to Parliament, despite outrage and widespread condemnation from the Prime Minister down.

The speech, which has invoked similarities to Pauline Hanson’s warning that Australia risked being “swamped by Asians”, included calls for an end to Muslim migration, and a return to the White Australia policy.

But the comment that incited the most outrage was that “the final solution” to the immigration problem was a popular vote.
The term “final solution” was used in Nazi Germany, during the murder of millions of Jews.

The strongest condemnation came from Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg, whose mother survived the Holocaust.
Speaking on the Today Show, Mr Frydenberg said the remarks were “extremely ignorant, hurtful, divisive, unacceptable”.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 15, 2018, 01:00:04 AM »

and this;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/katter-supports-anning-after-senate-speech/ar-BBLWDZe?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Katter supports Anning after Senate speech

Outspoken federal MP Bob Katter supports his colleague Fraser Anning "one thousand per cent" despite the furore over the Queensland senator's controversial first speech to parliament.

The Katter's Australian Party senator has been widely criticised after he called for immigration policies favouring "European Christian" values and a ban on Muslim migration.

"Absolutely one thousand per cent," Mr Katter said when asked if he supported Senator Anning.

Mr Katter said he genuinely believed Mr Anning had no idea of the historical context of the term.
"He had absolutely no idea ... where do we stand on the issue of migration from the Middle East and North Africa? Well, it's very clear where we stand and we are differentiated from every other party now, including One Nation," Mr Katter said.

"Are we racist? We're Australians. I don't know if that's racist or not. I'm not apologising to anyone for it."

#####

Well there you go.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 15, 2018, 01:22:25 AM »

I saw this earlier and thought, “how long until Bambu comes out in favor of his local jackbooted crackers?”

Not long at all.

At least he’s not belly crawling about it like Red, who likes to ignore that his racist party jerrymandering by racial demographics is illegal as has been shown repeatedly in courts high and low.

Bambu goes MaGoo, Red goes Cartman, and Kiid goes Milo, our latter day three stooges of the apocalypse.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 15, 2018, 01:25:24 AM »

You should have been.

We get it, Kiid.

Never heard of him

:)

Stay stressed, my friend

Stay in denial, mein herr.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 15, 2018, 02:14:34 AM »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/white-house-cant-guarantee-theres-no-trump-n-word-tape.html?utm_source=fb

I guess your lines, Kiid and Red, are, "Just because he referred to somebody as a nigger doesn't make him a racist."

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:16:55 AM by josh »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 15, 2018, 02:55:56 AM »

I saw this earlier and thought, “how long until Bambu comes out in favor of his local jackbooted crackers?”

Not long at all.

At least he’s not belly crawling about it like Red, who likes to ignore that his racist party jerrymandering by racial demographics is illegal as has been shown repeatedly in courts high and low.

Bambu goes MaGoo, Red goes Cartman, and Kiid goes Milo, our latter day three stooges of the apocalypse.

Why should a perfectly nice country have to allow itself to become just another Asian/Middle Eastern/African/Sub Continental basket case place?...just to suit the Left/Far Left's ideas of how things should be?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:06:24 AM by bambu-wisdom »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 15, 2018, 08:11:38 AM »

I’m not.
But you are.
Red remains a firm believer in the old adage, "If the shoe fits, try to jam it on someone else's foot."
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 15, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/white-house-cant-guarantee-theres-no-trump-n-word-tape.html?utm_source=fb

I guess your lines, Kiid and Red, are, "Just because he referred to somebody as a nigger doesn't make him a racist."

I thought this episode was notable too because of the tacit admission that her boss, who she said told his staff that he never used the word, is a liar.

SHS is learning on the job. If somehow she took it without knowing that already.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 15, 2018, 08:49:19 AM »

An update since I know you are all on the edge of your seats on this:

Melissa Howard, in a post since taken down, posted a message to Facebook apologizing for making the false claim, while saying that she will stay in the race.  Given the obvious deception, she really didn't have much choice, but some props for owning up for what she did.

But of course, being a Republican, she could not help lace her apology with bullshit.  "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone."  It wasn't?  You disputed a truthful media story as a baseless attack coming from your opponent, you took a picture next to a fake diploma and posted fake transcripts, and called (through your spokesperson) the whole issue "fake news."  But your intent wasn't to deceive or mislead?  What, exactly, was your intent then?

Words have meaning.  Are people who use them in this way stupid, or assuming we are?

And for the record, no, she did not apologize to media outlets for calling their correctly reported story "fake news" because disparaging the media without cause has become so much the MO of Republicans its not even worth noting.

It's unfortunate that a lot of people probably just dismissed that British newspaper's announcement of our being in the "Post Truth Era," as vague sociological musings and hand-wringing.  Because stories like this, and many others, are making very clear that our civilization is in deep trouble as truthfulness and integrity crumble.  What we are reaping right now is the result of public school systems that drastically reduced their emphasis on teaching basic critical thinking skills.

Giuliani: It’s in the eye of the beholder.
Cuomo: No, facts are not in the eye of the beholder.
Giuliani: Nowadays they are
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 4288