Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584044 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #765 on: August 15, 2018, 03:26:03 PM »

Obama took over in the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression

Yep.  Plenty of room for that growth.  The 14 year old running in VT could have done it.

Largest stimulus package in our history leading to saving an estimated 3 million jobs…

Exactly

Any president with an economy that poor upon takeover and with that number stimulus available couldn't help but come out on the positive side of it.
Just as any President with a growing economy will likely continue to see the economy grow until they fuck it up by, for instance, starting trade wars for no good reason or putting a financial strain on wage earners by lowering the real world effect of their wages, or undercut not one but two major economic sectors by fucking with health insurance out of spite.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 15, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »

Trump use of term "dog". He should have argued he was just using slang. Like "Yo, dog, whatchoo bitchin' 'bout? I hired you four times!"

Four more times than most people with any shred of integrity would have, btw.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 15, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »

I give Trump credit for holding back

I think FUCKING DOG is what he wanted to say

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 15, 2018, 04:02:25 PM »

Trump revoking John Brennan's security clearance, the reasons being given are the risks posed by his "erratic conduct & behavior" "increasingly frenzied commentary" "wild outbursts on the internet and television" and that he is "highly partisan."

Even coming from a political party that has in may ways come to be defined by its hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness, this is breathtaking.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 15, 2018, 04:22:22 PM »

Brennan and Pawlenty latest out of the swamp

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:19 PM »

Trump revoking John Brennan's security clearance, the reasons being given are the risks posed by his "erratic conduct & behavior" "increasingly frenzied commentary" "wild outbursts on the internet and television" and that he is "highly partisan."

Even coming from a political party that has in may ways come to be defined by its hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness, this is breathtaking.
Yeah, Trump is.going after his own clearance next.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »

There will be more to come.  You dont just get that shit for life

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 15, 2018, 05:46:45 PM »

Brennan and Pawlenty latest out of the swamp

If you define "swamp" as the group of people who dare criticize the President's behavior.

But as most things you post, the exact opposite is true.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 15, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »

You have a habit of talking out of your ass that you should really check, kiidcarter8.

You do actually get that shit for life, and since a law put into place in 1995, you need to follow a procedure and give a justifiable reason for revoking it. 

Trump's reasons are laughable, all the more clear when you see that the list of "more to come" are all Trump critics.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 15, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »

You do not lose a privilege because you criticize a President either. There will be a Democratic president eventually. You ok with pulling clearances for the people who opine on Fox?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 15, 2018, 06:00:39 PM »

You do know WHY they "got that shit", do you?

Didnt think you were such a tool.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #776 on: August 15, 2018, 06:35:27 PM »

I give Trump credit for holding back

I think FUCKING DOG is what he wanted to say

I'm sure your front row seat on Trump's inner thoughts gives you special insight.  I would have guessed a different noun there.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 15, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »

You do not lose a privilege because you criticize a President either.

Well.  Charges that the President committed treason are clearly impeachable offenses. Absent any action along those lines though  proceed with caution.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 15, 2018, 07:29:20 PM »

You do not lose a privilege because you criticize a President either.

Well.  Charges that the President committed treason are clearly impeachable offenses. Absent any action along those lines though  proceed with caution.
And? You post that as if it means something in context.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #779 on: August 15, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »

I don’t understand why you guys keep waiting for kid and RED to “see the light.”

Hell, someone had to put on the brown shirt during the rise of the last Reich.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 4288