Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583701 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #780 on: August 15, 2018, 08:14:49 PM »

Achtung, y’all!

https://deadline.com/2018/08/donald-trump-cia-john-brennan-responds-omarosa-dog-security-clearance-pulled-1202446277/

“This action is part of a broader effort by Mr. Trump to suppress freedom of speech & punish critics,” Brennan charged in his chilling tweet.

“It should gravely worry all Americans, including intelligence professionals, about the cost of speaking out. My principles are worth far more than clearances,” he added.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #781 on: August 15, 2018, 08:32:28 PM »

The walls are closing in on the man who would be king.

Obviously they’re so panicked by this latest turn by Omarosa that they’re pulling the shit they floated back in July.

Distract and move. Change the subject. Rev up the base with bullshit and try to shove us over the brink before the midterms, or change the rules between November and January.

Banana republic, here we come.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 15, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »

Trump revoking John Brennan's security clearance, the reasons being given are the risks posed by his "erratic conduct & behavior" "increasingly frenzied commentary" "wild outbursts on the internet and television" and that he is "highly partisan."

There will be more to come.  You dont just get that shit for life
You do not lose a privilege because you criticize a President either.

Well.  Charges that the President committed treason are clearly impeachable offenses. Absent any action along those lines though  proceed with caution.
And? You post that as if it means something in context.
Yes I do.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 15, 2018, 09:36:07 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 15, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/1029894269123919872

Defense of Trump on Brennan issue

Thank you for providing a worm’s eye view.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 15, 2018, 09:42:41 PM »

From Hannity? I should read it. I'm sure it's got a lot of backwards letters and is written in crayon. I like crayon.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 15, 2018, 10:15:35 PM »

Speaking of SHS...

She has issued a correction after she claimed that Donald Trump created 3 times more jobs in 1.5 years than Obama did in 8.

The correction isn't notable or commendable, since it is an all too rare example of her doing her job professionally. 

What is notable is that she made that mistake at all.  Claiming that Obama only created 195,000 jobs for African Americans (when he created more than 3 million) in 8 years is absolutely outrageous.  They are laughable on their face, and any person with one ounce of knowledge of what is going on in the world would have questioned them before repeating the false claim to the media.

It reveals a terrible combination of drinking the kool-aid (how many jobs did she think Obama created in total, a million?) and simple stupidity.  And arrogant stupidity too.  Confidently quoting the figure as proof against the President's racism, as if the two facts have any relationship to each other. 

Really was an unintentionally insightful press conference yesterday.

The "correction" was bogus, too, as it happens - based on election day to July for each period, allowing Obama to be blamed for Bush job losses and allowing Trump to take credit for jobs gained before he got into office.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 15, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »

I know you are in stalk mode, YG - and this is an open forum, but when a member of the forum is QUOTED, the question is pretty much aimed at them for a response.

But it remains an open forum.

It's not like practice what you preach.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 15, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/401692-florida-schools-must-display-in-god-we-trust-signs

Party of Stupid.

The only question is whether this SCOTUS is going to join them or if it will continue to uphold that aspect of the Constitution.

Why does the GOP keep trying to shove their religious beliefs down everybody else's throats?

I take it back. It is only *mostly* GOP - the bill was initiated by a Dem.

Still a stupid bill and the GOP should never have supported it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:33:35 PM by josh »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 15, 2018, 10:29:30 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 15, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

I want to make New York Great! Again

Candidate Andrew Cuomo in 2010 running for NY Governor.

America was never that Great
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo yesterday
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:53:16 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 15, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »

I want to make New York Great! Again

Candidate Andrew Cuomo in 2010 running for NY Governor.

America was never that Great
NY Governor Andrew Cuomo yesterday

Good to see that he is learning.

But no - he walked his comment about America back. More's the pity.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 15, 2018, 10:55:38 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 4288