Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1593116 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #900 on: August 18, 2018, 05:55:35 PM »

Says the man who pulls out Goebbels "comparisons" at the drop of a hat.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 18, 2018, 06:21:28 PM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Ostrich behavior doesn't work, kid.

heh

with this group?  Please.

barton

« Reply #902 on: August 18, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Good that you know when you are out of your depth. You will need to ignore quite a bit if you hope to maintain your pitiful bubble. It’s all because you have thrown in with scoundrels and betrayed what brought any goodness to your own life.

I had to go through several menus to even find the Iggy function.  I just skip posts that don't interest me....which category most of Kids posts fall into.   Red I read,  because he will on occasion develop a real line of argument.   And Red can read more than 280 characters without brain exhaustion.  I know that's faint praise,  but that's all I've got. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 18, 2018, 07:05:27 PM »

Shut up, you sanctimonious twit.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #904 on: August 18, 2018, 07:05:59 PM »

Made me laugh,  Josh.   I love the sneaky math device!   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 18, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »

Shut up, you sanctimonious twit.
Heh. You use that after your previous post? Not only are you a hypocrite, you're a moron too.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 18, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

True, Bill

Not the party of Trump at all.  Much more to it than that.

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/1030922817397772289

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 18, 2018, 08:43:51 PM »

It’s funny when most of the candidates running know their constituents would prefer that trump drown in the Potomac river than continue to infest the White House. It’s a clear sign of a weak president. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 18, 2018, 08:57:10 PM »

Interesting discussion as to whether the Republican Party is more than Trump. If the President was somebody other than Trump, even a "normal" Republican, I might be inclined to vote for the incumbent Republican governor in Maryland. But alas, I view Trump as the head of the party and Governor Hogan will have to do without my vote. I recognize that most don't think the way I do and if Hogan gets less than 60% I'll be surprised.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 18, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Ostrich behavior doesn't work, kid.

kid is hoping to get measured for a tailored brown shirt...

Careful now, Godwin.

Godwin says calling Nazis Nazis is okay.

Kid is no more a Nazi than you are a communist.

Besides, such flippant references and the casual use of the term diminish the abhorent horror perpetrated by the real Nazis.

As a Jew, you should know better than that.

End of lecture.

I have no idea what Kiid does away from here.

I know he actively supports a white nationalist antisemite. I know that he denies the racist is a racist.

So, he might not be a Nazi - I was responding to the Godwin comment more than the Nazi comment:
By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with you.
or
In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."

Don't cite Godwin if you don't want Godwin's opinion on the use of Nazis to describe these folks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:22:07 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 18, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »

Just in case Trump had not already illustrated his obstruction of Justice, he decided to double down on it:

In a subsequent interview with The Wall Street Journal, Trump made that crystal clear, saying he had to move against Brennan and others he holds responsible for the Russia probe.

“I call it the rigged witch hunt, [it] is a sham,” Mr. Trump said in an interview. “And these people led it!”

He added: “So I think it’s something that had to be done.”

Trump then pointed to other investigators who worked on the Russia probe and the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server.

“You look at any of them and you see the things they’ve done,” Trump said. “In some cases, they’ve lied before Congress. The Hillary Clinton whole investigation was a total sham.”

He went on to suggest he’s reviewing the security clearance of other critics — James Clapper, James Comey, Michael Hayden, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr — simply because he’s decided that they’re bad people.

“I don’t trust many of those people on that list,” Trump said. “I think that they’re very duplicitous. I think they’re not good people.”

Nah, interfering with the investigation or threatening witnesses couldn't qualify as Obstruction of Justice, could it?!

I look forward to reading the defense of this conduct from our legal experts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #912 on: August 18, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »

Interesting discussion as to whether the Republican Party is more than Trump. If the President was somebody other than Trump, even a "normal" Republican, I might be inclined to vote for the incumbent Republican governor in Maryland. But alas, I view Trump as the head of the party and Governor Hogan will have to do without my vote. I recognize that most don't think the way I do and if Hogan gets less than 60% I'll be surprised.

Pretty much. Hogan has the Democratic leaders in the MD legislature on his side.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 18, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »

He's seemingly the kind of Republican I've voted for in the past ( maybe he has to be in Maryland). But not this time; no way.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:45:30 PM by Yankguy1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 18, 2018, 11:01:40 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 4288