Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584807 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #930 on: August 19, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Ostrich behavior doesn't work, kid.

kid is hoping to get measured for a tailored brown shirt...

Careful now, Godwin.

Godwin says calling Nazis Nazis is okay.

Kid is no more a Nazi than you are a communist.

Besides, such flippant references and the casual use of the term diminish the abhorent horror perpetrated by the real Nazis.

As a Jew, you should know better than that.

End of lecture.

Flippant?

If you back this administration, you back white supremacy PERIOD!

Or did you sleep through the ersatz Nuremberg torch rally at UVA where the marchers chanted, ‘Blood and Soil!’ and ‘Jews will not replace us!’?

Jews should know to be on alert, we’ve seen this movie before.

That's your opinion. Others are free to disagree. That you don't believe they can do so indicates that you're exactly as those you condemn.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 19, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »

Says the man who pulls out Goebbels "comparisons" at the drop of a hat.

Shut up, you sanctimonious twit.
Heh. You use that after your previous post? Not only are you a hypocrite, you're a moron too.

Listen, Pikesville Putz, as a Jew, you either stand by what I write regarding the flippant use of the term, or you don't.
The fact is, you agree with what I wrote, but because I wrote it, you decide to take issue with it.

Your inability to separate the message from the messenger is well documented.

So shut up, you sanctimonious hypocritical twit.
Sorry, chum. You've forfeited the right to take umbrage at "he's a Nazi" posts. Maybe one of your other posting personas can do so.

You've thrown away your principles bso you can "win" in the internet.

Think about that.

Is that who you want to be?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 19, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »

Heh. You use that after your previous post? Not only are you a hypocrite, you're a moron too.

Listen, Pikesville Putz, as a Jew, you either stand by what I write regarding the flippant use of the term, or you don't.
The fact is, you agree with what I wrote, but because I wrote it, you decide to take issue with it.

Sorry, chum. You've forfeited the right to take umbrage at "he's a Nazi" posts. Maybe one of your other posting personas can do so.
You've thrown your principles away so you can "win" on the internet.  Sad.
Which principles are those, dummy? The ones where I can call somebody a Nazi but condemn others for doing the same?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 19, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »

I think intellligent people should be on alert.

I'm not sure religious affiliation is required to see disturbing behavior of an authoritarian leader and draw historic parallels.

As an aside, I would hope that members of all faiths be on alert to attacks on our democracy, and voice strong outrage.

And fucking vote.

Yes, agree. Voice outrage. But when you demonize others be accurate in your assessment.

Dies anyone here understand the difference between tolerance and acceptance?

You can tolerate kid's views without accepting them. But that's not what happens "here", as Josh calls it.

Instead he is told is deeply flawed, a Nazi, a white supremacist, etc, because his political views don't align with others here.

It's beyond being a hypocrite to say one should be open to all people of every stripe, then browbeat anyone who has any reading to disagree with one.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 19, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »

Which principles are those, dummy? The ones where I can call somebody a Nazi but condemn others for doing the same?

You've lost the thread. Use your head. You've become what you say others are.

Sad.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 19, 2018, 01:42:55 PM »

I'm perfectly happy to agree that Kid, or Trump for that matter, is not a Nazi.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 19, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »

You've lost the thread. Use your head. You've become what you say others are.

Sad.
I've said you're a hypocrite. Does that make me one? How so?  You spent several months calling bank and others Joseph Goebbels, even posting a picture of a Nazi cemetery to prove your "point". Now in an outburst of fairness you condemn others for "demonizing" their opponents the same way What a fucking troll, and tool, you are. Bring back Pigday!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:52:31 PM by Yankguy1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 19, 2018, 01:51:30 PM »

But willing also to defend his being labeled as such by your compadres.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 19, 2018, 02:00:32 PM »

Ignore list fillin up.

Ostrich behavior doesn't work, kid.

kid is hoping to get measured for a tailored brown shirt...

Careful now, Godwin.

Godwin says calling Nazis Nazis is okay.

Kid is no more a Nazi than you are a communist.

Besides, such flippant references and the casual use of the term diminish the abhorent horror perpetrated by the real Nazis.

As a Jew, you should know better than that.

End of lecture.

Flippant?

If you back this administration, you back white supremacy PERIOD!

Or did you sleep through the ersatz Nuremberg torch rally at UVA where the marchers chanted, ‘Blood and Soil!’ and ‘Jews will not replace us!’?

Jews should know to be on alert, we’ve seen this movie before.

Careful

Taking liberties here

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2018, 02:02:13 PM »

You are connecting dots without proper thought

Trump didnt write the chants, did he?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 19, 2018, 02:04:32 PM »

But willing also to defend his being labeled as such by your compadres.
Where have I defended it? I'm  saying you're the wrong person to criticize others for doing it. You really are stupid.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 02:12:43 PM by Yankguy1 »

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 19, 2018, 02:25:38 PM »

You are connecting dots without proper thought

Trump didnt write the chants, did he?
No, but some very fine people did.

Actually, Blood and Soil dates back to the anti-Semitic 19th Century German Nationalist movement.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 19, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »

Trump heard the chants and gave the Nazis exactly what they were looking for, a stumpy fingered thumbs up in the form of equating both sides and withholding fully deserved condemnation for the cracker front.

Trump may not be an avowed or jumped in Nazi like Fred was, but he shares 90% of governing characteristics in his personal and public life with Nazis. If you are insisting there is a difference it’s one without much of a distinction.

Trump is a moron, so in many senses he is still only a baby Nazi (a little more baby-like and Nazi-like every day). It would be a good idea to nip this wave of fascism in the bud.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 19, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »

Reading kid's posts in this forum, I ask myself, does he believe what he posts, or is he just trolling the board for his amusement.

Either way its fucked up, he's either a racist/bigot or someone who isn't bright enough to understand or care about the corrosive and dangerous nature of prejudice on our country.

But I suspect its a little of both, he a racist, not very bright, and lacks the capacity to reason much beyond his immediate needs.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 4288