Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584170 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1020 on: August 20, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »

heh

I gave a real opinion and I backed it up.

Now go fuck yourself

No, you didn't.

But you did prove my point.

Again.

The problem is ALL yours.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 20, 2018, 12:52:05 PM »

The fact that the President of the United States could spend that much time providing that much quote on the situation without once even mentioning White Supremacists (let alone condemning them) is extraordinarily bad.  Its a horror show.  And sorry, the only way you can not see that is if you sympathize with those White Supremacists.

I think the Devil's cleverest trick (aside from the classic one of convincing everyone that he doesn't exist) is rebranding
White Supremacists as the "Alt Right."  Putting "Alt" in front of something makes it sound trendy and cool and a refreshing alternative to the usual ideological menu picks. 

Banks - I'll address this to you, as you the seem like the saner person in the dispute:  any chance you and Nutley could PM each other?  And JOSH:  what are you good for, Global Moderator?  Can't you delete off-topic flame posts?

Josh chose sides many years ago. It's a Boston thing.

Josh chooses sides every single time you (a) try to talk about somebody's off-board identity and (b) get into your bogus shit on pedophilia.

The rest of the time, I feel no more strongly about your BS than anybody else's including my own. You're not the only person to have brought up people's real names and I jumped all over them, too. But you are too caught up in your own persecution complex to be able to understand that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 20, 2018, 12:54:50 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1023 on: August 20, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »

Like Trump, I support their right to assemble - with the same respect I give BLM.

Like Trump, you deny that Trump is a racist.

You also seem to deny that his efforts to control things are fascist.

If this was 1939 kid would be a member of the Bund.

And you'd be picking cotton, right?

STFU.

In 1939? In the New York metro area?

Oh, yeah. I forgot you know shit about historical eras. You’re the guy who swore the Civil War Battle of Memphis was of greater importance than the invasion of Normandy.

I knew you'd miss the sarcasm. Listen, dude, you're telling people to get fitted with brown shirts is fucked up, and that was the point, and you KNEW it was the point, so don't try to turn it into something else.

That's a poor move on your part.

Sarcasm?

Bullshit.

If kid wants to compare the KKK to BLM then I’m gonna call him out on that. That you see a need to defend him out of some warped sense of decorum merely demonstrates you’re full of shit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 20, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »

The fact that the President of the United States could spend that much time providing that much quote on the situation without once even mentioning White Supremacists (let alone condemning them) is extraordinarily bad.  Its a horror show.  And sorry, the only way you can not see that is if you sympathize with those White Supremacists.

I think the Devil's cleverest trick (aside from the classic one of convincing everyone that he doesn't exist) is rebranding
White Supremacists as the "Alt Right."  Putting "Alt" in front of something makes it sound trendy and cool and a refreshing alternative to the usual ideological menu picks. 

Banks - I'll address this to you, as you the seem like the saner person in the dispute:  any chance you and Nutley could PM each other?  And JOSH:  what are you good for, Global Moderator?  Can't you delete off-topic flame posts?

Josh chose sides many years ago. It's a Boston thing.

Josh chooses sides every single time you (a) try to talk about somebody's off-board identity and (b) get into your bogus shit on pedophilia.

The rest of the time, I feel no more strongly about your BS than anybody else's including my own. You're not the only person to have brought up people's real names and I jumped all over them, too. But you are too caught up in your own persecution complex to be able to understand that.

Banks gave his own county up earlier today. Don't put that shit on me. And you know as well as anyone that he has had NUMEROUS CHANCES to move forward and bury the hatchet. But he can't do that, because he is obsessed with trying to "even the score".

He can't. So, to be truthful, again, as I always am...

I am not feeling persecuted.

All I did this past few days is to bring to the fore what you and many on the left hate---being exposed for doing the same things they accuse others of doing. You and others say you hate how Trump and the GOP demonize and practice the politics of personal destruction---"Crooked Hillary", "Lying Comey", and yet, you and others--and your defenders---- feel you can just label anyone who disagrees with you politically as a Nazi, a white supremacist, a racist, a bigot, and one who is being fitted for a brown shirt.

Do you actually think I CARE what anyone "here" thinks of me personally? Then you really don't know me very well.

Do you actually think that ANYONE "here" is who they really truly are "off-board"?

You CANNOT be serious! You CANNOT be that naive.

People here call me on my shit---many times rightfully so---and it doesn't bother me. When I do the same, they take deep offense.

Do a search on the phrase "Go fuck yourself", and see whose name comes up the most.

Then ask yourself if you are doing a good job monitoring the discussion.

Do the same with "Nazi" or "brown shirt".

I'd say most here need to develop a thicker skin---or play a different game.

And you, sir, should either take you title seriously,  so that others do, or admit that you are a MINO---Moderator in Name Only.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 20, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »

Like Trump, I support their right to assemble - with the same respect I give BLM.

STFU.

Oh, yeah. I forgot you know shit about historical eras. You’re the guy who swore the Civil War Battle of Memphis was of greater importance than the invasion of Normandy.

I knew you'd miss the sarcasm. Listen, dude, you're telling people to get fitted with brown shirts is fucked up, and that was the point, and you KNEW it was the point, so don't try to turn it into something else.

Sarcasm?

Bullshit.

If kid wants to compare the KKK to BLM then I’m gonna call him out on that. That you see a need to defend him out of some warped sense of decorum merely demonstrates you’re full of shit.

No, it merely demonstrates that you are doing exactly what you say you hate. And I'm not defending his POV, just his right to express it.

Again, learn the difference between "tolerance" and "acceptance".

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1026 on: August 20, 2018, 01:22:49 PM »

STFU.

Sarcasm?

Bullshit.

No, it merely demonstrates that you are doing exactly what you say you hate. And I'm not defending his POV, just his right to express it.

He can express his POV all he pleases, and I’m gonna interpret his words as I hear them. If you can’t accept that it’s on you.

I am NOT gonna “tolerate” anyone who equates BLM with fucking Nazis.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 20, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »

He can express his POV all he pleases, and I’m gonna interpret his words as I hear them. If you can’t accept that it’s on you.

Whoaaaaaaa...

what's all this then?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1028 on: August 20, 2018, 01:30:54 PM »

Do you actually think that ANYONE "here" is who they really truly are "off-board"?

Uh, I’ve never made any attempt to disguise my identity. I’ve posted my bylines, I’ve posted articles and essays from my kids. My history, recounted in here numerous times is mostly a matter of public record. I’ve posted under the NYKnicks12 monicker for more than twenty years starting in the old Times forum but EVERYWHERE else on the web I’m LarryBnDC or my full name Larry Bellinger.

You’ve seem to forget you called me a liar when I shared the FACT Dylan Roof murdered my cousin.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #1029 on: August 20, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »

All I can say about trolls is:

Feed them and they will grow.

As for equating BLM and Nazis, I think that calls for a mental health professional rather than any attempt at reasoned argument.  I mean that's just sad.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 20, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »

It seems the history teacher/home ec troll has forgotten a lot of his personal history in Elba and adopted a revisionist take.

Because he doesn't like the real history he opts for fake news and a big lie.

The truth is because I've serially embarrassed him here for years, and showed him to be nothing more than an ill-tempered idiot, he took the "fight" off-line and decided that publishing my private informatioon would cow me into submission.

But the stupid indecent troll miscalculated.

There is nothing I'm ashame of in my private life, but my family does not need to be put in harms way by an indecent troll.

There will never be an evening of the score for the troll who fell behind as the ridiculed hammy, fell further behind as the shamed utley1, fell to the basement as the disgraced pigday and reincarnated briefly as les miz.

All to even the score of a game he can never win. as he is ill-equipped to play.

As to burying the hatchet, he was given one chance to become the "newer better utley" he promised but with a little prodding within a week's time he soon fell deeper into his own personal cesspool commmitting the same sins, publcly revealing private information he had scoured the web for, info that was none of his business and began repeating the same fabricated lies as his earlier personas had relied upon as a defense to his inability to keep up with the smarter kids.

Its laughable that the troll who runs away in a rage so often, and morphs into a new nom de web, tells others to develop a thicker skin.

The troll is so easily manipulated.

And troll lastly

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 20, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »

STFU.

Sarcasm?

Bullshit.

But you'll be fine with equating Nazis with Republicans.

Got it.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 20, 2018, 02:51:39 PM »

Uh, I’ve never made any attempt to disguise my identity. I’ve posted my bylines, I’ve posted articles and essays from my kids. My history, recounted in here numerous times is mostly a matter of public record. I’ve posted under the NYKnicks12 monicker for more than twenty years starting in the old Times forum but EVERYWHERE else on the web I’m LarryBnDC or my full name Larry Bellinger.

You’ve seem to forget you called me a liar when I shared the FACT Dylan Roof murdered my cousin.

No, I didn't.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 20, 2018, 02:53:10 PM »

It seems the history teacher/home ec troll has forgotten a lot of his personal history in Elba and adopted a revisionist take.

Because he doesn't like the real history he opts for fake news and a big lie.

The truth is because I've serially embarrassed him here for years, and showed him to be nothing more than an ill-tempered idiot, he took the "fight" off-line and decided that publishing my private informatioon would cow me into submission.

But the stupid indecent troll miscalculated.

There is nothing I'm ashame of in my private life, but my family does not need to be put in harms way by an indecent troll.

There will never be an evening of the score for the troll who fell behind as the ridiculed hammy, fell further behind as the shamed utley1, fell to the basement as the disgraced pigday and reincarnated briefly as les miz.

All to even the score of a game he can never win. as he is ill-equipped to play.

As to burying the hatchet, he was given one chance to become the "newer better utley" he promised but with a little prodding within a week's time he soon fell deeper into his own personal cesspool commmitting the same sins, publcly revealing private information he had scoured the web for, info that was none of his business and began repeating the same fabricated lies as his earlier personas had relied upon as a defense to his inability to keep up with the smarter kids.

Its laughable that the troll who runs away in a rage so often, and morphs into a new nom de web, tells others to develop a thicker skin.

The troll is so easily manipulated.

And troll lastly

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Trump and bankshit. They lie so much they believe what they say is truth

Sad.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 20, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »

It’s good that the nation is finally decoupling respect for the presidency with respect for the man occupying the office. It is an important milestone in decoupling the presidency from the man occupying the office, which can’t happen soon enough.

More locally, utley is a victim of his environment. Unless you have great inner reserves, Philly makes you mean and stupid. Has anyone tested the water there recently?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 4288