Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006030 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1741 on: August 31, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #1742 on: August 31, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »

Josh,  I posted and then realized Shirley you must be joking.   Having one of those days here.   Antennae should be working again by evening.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 31, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1035641711693889536

Kid has a little pro-atrocity, pro-human trafficking spite club going. I bet it warms his shriveled little heart. Elect shitheads and they will cause shitty things to happen is how the growing majority reads this moronic development.

Trump has finally sunk to the peak of his natural range in terms of popularity. I expect to see 60-66% in favor of opening impeachment, 22-24% remaining steadfast with team treason in the coming weeks.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #1744 on: August 31, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »

Trump's embrace of the Far Right fascist regime in Jerusalem made his rejection of UNRWA inevitable.  Trump,  Netanyahu, Duterte,  Assad,  Putin...all joined now in the fear-monger fascist circle jerk.   

Yes,  I've become less centrist in the past year.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 31, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »

Nazis!

Nazis...

Ian M. Smith, a Department of Homeland Security analyst who resigned this week after he was confronted about his ties to white nationalist groups, attended multiple immigration policy meetings at the White House, according to government officials familiar with his work.

Smith quit his job Tuesday after being questioned about personal emails he sent and received between 2014 and 2016, before he joined the Trump administration. The messages, obtained by the Atlantic and detailed in a report published Tuesday, depict Smith engaging in friendly, casual conversations with prominent white supremacists and racists.

In one email from 2015, Smith responded to a group dinner invitation whose host said his home would be “judenfrei,” a German word used by the Nazis during World War II to describe territory that had been “cleansed” of Jews during the Holocaust.

“They don’t call it Freitag for nothing,” Smith replied, using the German word for “Friday,” according to the Atlantic. “I was planning to hit the bar during the dinner hours and talk to people like Matt Parrot, etc.,” Smith added, a reference to the former spokesman for the neo-Nazi Traditionalist Worker Party.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/homeland-security-staffer-with-white-nationalist-ties-attended-white-house-policy-meetings/2018/08/30/7fcb0212-abab-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6e2fa702dcdc

Trump - you're gone

Obama admin - you got to stay forever

Lol. Yeah, Trump’s zero tolerance of White supremacy is well documented now.

Just like his zero tolerance for wife beaters, abuse of public funds and resources for personal use, and blatant self-dealing and corruption.

Quick hook for all of that, right?  So why do these people keep showing up?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/08/22/kudlow-hosted-publisher-of-white-nationalist-site-at-birthday-party/amp/

I know why. You do too. But know you won’t say it out loud.

While you pretend to support Gillum ...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 31, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »

Too bad Trump is having second thoughts about a Federal employee wage freeze.
With private wages rising at a ten year high of just under 3% the incentives to lure federal workers to private payrolls is substantial.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 31, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »

New York has a vice tight enough to catch trump by his tiny nuts and squeeze. Barbra Underwood is clamping downon the personal piggybank fake foundation. The criminal organization is rapidly unraveling.

Four more months of unchecked corruption till America votes for sunlight, oversight, and criminal repercussions for treason.

Red, all your numbers seem made up. Faux much?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 31, 2018, 09:06:10 PM »

New York has a vice tight enough to catch trump by his tiny nuts and squeeze. Barbra Underwood is clamping downon the personal piggybank fake foundation. The criminal organization is rapidly unraveling.

Four more months of unchecked corruption till America votes for sunlight, oversight, and criminal repercussions for treason.

In July, wages went up 2.9% in the year over year comparison according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Of course, the inflation rate, without food and energy mixed in, was up 2.4% in year over year in July. With energy and food, it was higher. But let's ignore that, because it messes with Red's argument.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #1749 on: August 31, 2018, 09:42:58 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/404644-john-kerry-wont-rule-out-2020-white-house-run

Given the discussion of Biden and Sanders, John Kerry seems like a fine idea.

In fact, why not put them all in - they are each of them likelier to be better prepared than anybody on the other side who is available (and healthy enough).

2020 Democratic candidates for nomination:
Hillary Clinton - October 26, 1947 (age 70 years)
Al Gore - March 31, 1948 (age 70 years)
John Kerry - December 11, 1943 (age 74 years)
Joe Biden - November 20, 1942 (age 75 years)
Jessie Jackson - October 8, 1941 (age 76 years)
Bernie Sanders - September 8, 1941 (age 76 years)
Mike Dukakis - November 3, 1933 (age 84 years)
Walter Mondale - January 5, 1928 (age 90 years)
Jimmy Carter - October 1, 1924 (age 93 years)

Or some fresh blood like:
Jeanne Shaheen - January 28, 1947 (age 71 years)
Patrick Leahy - March 31, 1940 (age 78 years)
Nancy Pelosi - March 26, 1940 (age 78 years)
Diane Feinstein - June 22, 1933 (age 85 years)

I suppose we can consider the children:
Eric Holder - January 21, 1951 (age 67 years)
Elizabeth Warren - June 22, 1949 (age 69 years)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 31, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »

In July, wages went up 2.9% in the year over year comparison according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Of course, the inflation rate, without food and energy mixed in, was up 2.4% in year over year in July. With energy and food, it was higher. But let's ignore that, because it messes with Red's argument.
My figures are verifiable.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/eci.nr0.htm

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 31, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »

Yes, dear. //pats his dear head//

That was what I just said. I supported your claim.

Do keep up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 31, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »

I posted this when it came out:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/us-is-denying-passports-to-americans-along-the-border-throwing-their-citizenship-into-question/2018/08/29/1d630e84-a0da-11e8-a3dd-2a1991f075d5_story.html

The US is denying passports to American citizens along the border.

https://www.ushmm.org/learn/timeline-of-events/1933-1938/reich-ministry-of-the-interior-invalidates-all-german-passports-held-by-jew

German Jews’ Passports Declared Invalid

We're not quite that far down the pike yet, but we are a ton closer than the feckless GOP members wish to admit.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 31, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »

Do keep up.
I did. You didn’t. If federal raises are frozen while private wages are going up by nearly 3 per cent why wouldn’t a federal worker check out a private job?
Don’t bother answering.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 31, 2018, 11:25:58 PM »

Do keep up.
I did. You didn’t. If federal raises are frozen while private wages are going up by nearly 3 per cent why wouldn’t a federal worker check out a private job?
Don’t bother answering.

Even a little mistake like that you just cannot admit. It is kind of astounding, no matter how much it is business as usual with you.

You stated that private employment wages had gone up almost 3%.

Facilitatorn suggested that you were making up numbers, again.

I indicated that your figure was accurate, this time, citing the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which pegged the increase in wages for July 2018 as 2.9% above the wages from year before. Then I pointed out that I had backed you up.

And you cannot admit it. It hurts too much!

Wow.

Meanwhile, you seem stuck on this broken concept:
If federal raises are frozen while private wages are going up by nearly 3 per cent why wouldn’t a federal worker check out a private job?

Let the Cato Institute explain it to you, since they are closer to your political philosophy than I am.
https://www.downsizinggovernment.org/federal-worker-pay

Federal News Radio summarizes it thusly, in case the report is too dense for you to read, or would take too long from your precious activities:
Federal employees earned 80 percent more in 2016 compared to private sector workers, according to Chris Edwards, director of tax policy studies at Cato. Federal employees earn 42 percent more than state and local government workers, he added.

Edwards used Bureau of Economic Analysis data to compare average wages and benefits for the 2.1 million federal civilian employees to the average compensation for the nation’s 114 million private sector workers.

The federal average, according to Edwards, has grown significantly higher than the private sector in the past 15 years.

Adding benefits such as health care and retirement, federal employees have a higher advantage than private sector workers. Average federal compensation reached $127, 259 in 2016, while private sector averages topped out at $70,764 — or $56, 495 lower.

versus
https://1yxsm73j7aop3quc9y5ifaw3-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/federal_compensation.jpg

In other words, Red, adding 3% to a job with worse benefits and a lower likely upward path as a career goes on, versus a freeze at a higher level, when the freeze is only temporary, anyway, is fool's gold.

Not that I expect you to admit it.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 4288