Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995539 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2220 on: September 10, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »

Re:  pot usage stats

The polling uses the question, "do you smoke pot?".  Not "do you smoke pot in public"

Are blacks/Latinos more apt to smoke in public?

Bitch, please...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 10, 2018, 10:09:38 AM »

I have already voiced my opinion on traffic stops

"Why?  I didnt do anything" needs to NOT be in a white or a black man's vocabulary when stopped.

So often it is - and a problem ensues with the officer.

If a black man goes into it with the thought that "they are fucking with me cause I am black", it doesnt help.  "I dont have to take this" - again - doesnt help.

Why didn't you respond to the rest of the post?

Why isn't your opinion on traffic stops: "The police should cease stopping black people for being black?"

Why isn't it, "Police should search the cars of black people no more often than they do white people?"

Because, as you have just demonstrated, you are a racist prick.

".....if police arrest you for conduct arising out of a traffic stop, usually a search of vehicle will be allowed."

Like I said - know how to act.

Assumption being that Blacks and Latino's act aggressively toward officers during a stop at a rate that is three times greater than Whites.

I don't have access to statistics telling me that this true or false.  But I note that you feel no such statistic is required.  You take it for granted that this explains the disparity.  And not, if acting aggressively is indeed the issue, that police react differently to that aggression when the person stopped is Black/Latino vs. White.

I'd only add that some of the arrest and outcome disparities that look like they are related to race are actually due to income and access to resources.  But that doesn't mean that the problems with our justice system that lead to those disparities in outcomes needn't be addressed.  And all that does is show how (along with different outcomes in health care, education, employment, etc) the rising level of income inequality is a moral issue and not just economic.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #2222 on: September 10, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »

You seriously think that impacted under 1% of the voters - to have that letter come out so soon before the election and then have the media dedicate its coverage to that issue for the remainder of the campaign?

They didn't

But regardless, no.  The tide was too strong.  Hilary ignored her opponent for too long and neglected a portion of the electorate.  They celebrated way too early.

And USA is better for it.

How would that be factually established?   Hard to compare an actual presidential term to one that didn't happen.   We have, not to burden this chat with logic or anything,  zero knowledge of a Hillary presidency.

And likely never will, thankfully.

But I applaud her years of service.  Made her a rich woman.

So you can't answer the question, or are just refusing to?  I asked how your assertion that the "USA is better for" having Trump rather than Clinton can be supported by any facts.  Your assertion requires a HRC administration with which to compare the present one.  Since there isn't one, your use of the comparative "better" is invalid. 

Would you agree that a fair comparison cannot be made solely on the basis of the time they were both campaigning for office?  Surely you acknowledge that Trump engaged in as many gaffes and insults as HRC - Latino immigrants are rapists and drug dealers.   It's okay to sexually molest women, they let you do it if you're rich.  It's okay to bilk contractors if you can get away with it.  There's an "Article XII" of the Bill of Rights.  I'd date my daughter, she's hot!  John McCain is not a war hero - he got caught!  Carly Fiorine is ugly!  Who would vote for THAT?  HAHA, let's mock that disabled reporter (gesticulates spastically).  Ted Cruz's dad and Lee Harvey Oswald:  pals, who were hanging out together right before the Kennedy shooting.  "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let's see if that happens."  The thing with terrorists is, you have to kill all of their families, too.  (et cetera)

Yeah, dude, we're all soooo much better.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 10, 2018, 11:51:48 AM »

Trump complains that China is relaxing sanctions on North Korea, for some reason. Mr “President”, you got played, dope.
    The Orange Idiot figured he would handle the Chinese leader in the same way he handled his real estate business…..invite the mark to his ultra-swank, high end golf club for a couple of days…lay a couple of free steak dinners on him…in addition to some free rounds of golf and SHAZZAM!—he’s putty in the hands of Mr. Art of the Deal…So much for that ‘plan’….Xi and his cronies were probably laughing all the way back to China.
    Of course he followed that up with a bravura performance with his now ‘good friend’ Kim in Singapore where he achieved absolutely nothing for the United States while giving the North Koreans just about everything that they wanted…..
    And finally, he was so emboldened by his self-evaluation of the Singapore meeting that he decided to appear as Putin’s bitch in Helsinki. The lowest that any American president has ever sunk to in our entire recorded history. Nice job, Donny! High five!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 10, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »

I have already voiced my opinion on traffic stops

"Why?  I didnt do anything" needs to NOT be in a white or a black man's vocabulary when stopped.

So often it is - and a problem ensues with the officer.

If a black man goes into it with the thought that "they are fucking with me cause I am black", it doesnt help.  "I dont have to take this" - again - doesnt help.

Why didn't you respond to the rest of the post?

Why isn't your opinion on traffic stops: "The police should cease stopping black people for being black?"

Why isn't it, "Police should search the cars of black people no more often than they do white people?"

Because, as you have just demonstrated, you are a racist prick.

".....if police arrest you for conduct arising out of a traffic stop, usually a search of vehicle will be allowed."

Also...

States are free to provide even more protections to an individual's privacy rights.  They could pass laws placing greater restrictions on police when it comes to searching vehicles.

Criminal.Findlaw.com

Hey, racist, that's after an ARREST, not a stop.

But why let facts get in your way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: September 10, 2018, 12:36:52 PM »

In Kid’s world the police have the right to arrest you for any reason or for none at all.

Kid is all for the concept of undesirable people and undesirable people getting different treatment under law until it’s pointed out that for most he is the least desirable person anyone knows.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: September 10, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »

In Kid’s world the police have the right to arrest you for any reason or for none at all.

No.  Not at all.  Depends entirely on context.

He is all for the above if the stops/arrests are taking place in certain "urban" situations against certain "urban" individuals.

If we were talking about, just lets say, certain ranchers in Oregon, then not only must those arrests be according to the letter of the Constitution, he supports those ranchers rights to defend their own idea of what the constitution means with arms.  Pointed directly at federal agents if necessary.  And so does our "President."

But no, he will never own up to the obvious policing disparity that points to, which is why he is left asking "Do Blacks smoke pot in their house, or outside?"...
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: September 10, 2018, 01:37:56 PM »

I think certain schmucks can be both racist and fascist at the same time, whether or not they can walk and chew gum.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2228 on: September 10, 2018, 01:55:48 PM »

In West Virginia, the most Trump state in the USA, Joe Manchin (D) is running for re election on...

saving Obamacare.

Some white folks starting to realize Obamacare is good for them not just inner city “takers.”

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/405839-manchin-shoots-anti-obamacare-lawsuit-with-a-gun-in-new-ad
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: September 10, 2018, 02:30:08 PM »

In West Virginia, the most Trump state in the USA, Joe Manchin (D) is running for re election on...

saving Obamacare.

Some white folks starting to realize Obamacare is good for them not just inner city “takers.”

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/405839-manchin-shoots-anti-obamacare-lawsuit-with-a-gun-in-new-ad

Covering people with pre-existing conditions has always been the most popular part of the ACA.  This highlights the stupidity (if the timing was intentional) of this lawsuit coming down the pike just before election day.  Particularly as the lawsuit has little to no chance of actually succeeding.

Of course, Republicans want to have it both ways:

Morrisey says that he wants people with pre-existing to have coverage, but also supports repealing and replacing ObamaCare.

An ObamaCare replacement could include similar pre-existing condition protections, but it would require Congress coming together to pass a replacement, which lawmakers were unable to do last year. Proposed GOP replacement bills last year would also allow states to waive certain pre-existing condition protections.

It isn't a coincidence that the GOP couldn't come up with a replacement bill that keeps the things people like of the ACA, while taking away the things they don't like.  The bill's pieces work together, and you can't cover preexisting conditions without new sign-ups to cover the cost of that, and can't get new sign-ups without subsidies, and can't pay for those subsidies without raising taxes on some rich folk. 

And GOPers know this.  But still continue the lie of a "replacement" they somehow have failed to come up with despite having nine years to do so, for exactly the reason on display in West Virginia.

"Keep the Governments hands off my Medicare" still the best protest sign ever.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: September 10, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »

He is all for the above if the stops/arrests are taking place in certain "urban" situations against certain "urban" individuals.

If we were talking about, just lets say, certain ranchers in Oregon, then not only must those arrests be according to the letter of the Constitution, he supports those ranchers rights to defend their own idea of what the constitution means with arms.  Pointed directly at federal agents if necessary.  And so does our "President."

But no, he will never own up to the obvious policing disparity that points to, which is why he is left asking "Do Blacks smoke pot in their house, or outside?"...

Lol

You responded to that?

Idiot 1 and 2.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: September 10, 2018, 03:24:59 PM »

Lol

You responded to that?

Idiot 1 and 2.

Because wasting one's time responding to you is idiotic.

Got it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: September 10, 2018, 03:26:40 PM »

Election fraud!

Potential direct impact on a congressional race. Multiple municipalities involved!

http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_32128153

Still nothing voter ID would prevent. And we have no idea what the impact was, if any. Nor was there criminal intent, as far as we can tell - just mishandling of ballots.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: September 10, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »

Lol

You responded to that?

Idiot 1 and 2.

Because wasting one's time responding to you is idiotic.

Got it.

Wasn't my post.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: September 10, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »

Not just idiotic, but callous as well.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 4288