Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995947 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2310 on: September 11, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »

“Absolutely totally prepared” he says. He owns any and all fuck ups responding to this string of storms as if he’d put his name on it in chintzy gilded letters like the fire traps he uses to launder money.

http://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/11/trump-rally-missouri-canceled-hurricane-florence-814291
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: September 11, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »

I didnt apply anything to Maddow. She has been saying all along that if Murkowski and Collins vote NAY on Kavanaugh he is toast.

IF.  The tweet you linked to said that Maddow is reporting that they will vote No.  I don't watch her show, butt here is nothing out there that would support that report, and Maddow isn't the type to report something not based on the facts.

And BTW, if she does say that she is probably right.  Its very unlikely that Democrats would not be united against him if they got Murkowski and Colliins' votes.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: September 11, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »

https://twitter.com/GeorgeHunter_DN/status/1039558696290934785

U S A !!!!

He just figured he was less likely to get shot by police if he wore a pro Trump shirt.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: September 11, 2018, 02:21:57 PM »

Roe v Wade is not at stake.  It's just political posturing to get an appointment nixed.

Whether or not this is true (and it probably isn't) SCOTUS doesn't need to overturn Roe V Wade to make it effectively impossible for women in many places to get an abortion.

And it isn't and will not be the only women's health issue to come before the court.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: September 11, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: September 11, 2018, 04:57:55 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: September 11, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: September 11, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/11/opinions/serena-williams-cartoon-australia-barry/index.html

The link leading to it asked, "Why is Australia so racist?"

Mrs bambu-wisdom explained it to me...and I now agree that the cartoon is racist.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: September 11, 2018, 06:25:50 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/11/opinions/serena-williams-cartoon-australia-barry/index.html

The link leading to it asked, "Why is Australia so racist?"

Ah yes, 'Australia is racist'.
LOL
That's why if I walk thru the streets of Sydney I could be forgiven for thinking I'm in "Shanghai-Mumbai" I suppose.

And, why 'Africans' are rampaging thru Melbourne violently invading homes and bashing innocent residents, violently invading and robbing stores etc, bashing and robbing people in street etc, with what almost seems like impunity.

barton

« Reply #2319 on: September 11, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »

Double fist pumps for Shanksville and other strange doings by the liar in the White House.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/11/trumps-long-history-of-lying-about-9-11-and-exploiting-it-for-personal-gain/

Trump's lie about the thousands of Muslims cheering in Jersey City has got to be one of his most pernicious.  As the writer says,  this is who Trump is.   And it's important to not forget how low he will go in his lying and slander.   

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: September 11, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »

Then there was the demeaning, mocking, statue of White, heterosexual, male, [Christian] President Donald Trump with exaggerated features, ...small manhood, small hands or whatever there were.
Most at this site who are outraged about the Serena cartoon just loved that racist statue of the White male.

And the baby blimp, more mocking and ridicule of a White male.
Most here loved that too.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 11, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »

Because "white males" are now special victims, right?

Ha!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 11, 2018, 06:55:01 PM »

Because "white males" are now special victims, right?

Ha!

Correct.
The only group you can now mock, ridicule, discriminate against and there won't be a social media and leftist storm and riots.

Imagine!   if in Melbourne White heterosexual males were violently invading homes and bashing up 'Africans'. 

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 11, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »

A woman writes today;

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/feminists-using-bullying-accusations-as-power-play/news-story/2938458ef125abf2683f7f6c55e04701

Feminists using bullying accusations as power play

Miranda Devine
September 11, 2018 9:00pm
Subscriber only

SERENA Williams and her army of feminist enablers can play the gender card as hard as they like, but everyone else who watched her behaviour at the US Open Final knew exactly what they were seeing.

A bully. A shrieking, shouting, emotionally incontinent bully wagging her finger at the umpire, eliciting boos and jeers from the mob, abusing her position as the most powerful women in tennis.

And all because she was losing the game. She was down 6-2 in the first set against a younger, faster female opponent, Japan’s Naomi Osaka, 20, and lost the second set 6-4.

Serena, 36, accused umpire Carlos Ramos of “stealing” from her when he penalised her because her coach was coaching from the sidelines, which he admitted, because she smashed her racquet on the ground and because she abused him.

“I have a daughter,” she wailed. What kind of a role model is a mother who tantrums like a spoiled brat in public?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 11, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »

Then there was the demeaning, mocking, statue of White, heterosexual, male, [Christian] President Donald Trump with exaggerated features, ...small manhood, small hands or whatever there were.
Most at this site who are outraged about the Serena cartoon just loved that racist statue of the White male.

And the baby blimp, more mocking and ridicule of a White male.
Most here loved that too.

I'm not sure you understand what the word "racist" means.

Donald Trump is shown with small hands because he has small hands.  It isn't considered some prevailing feature of "whiteness."  And his small penis an obvious reference to the fact that his entire career is overcompensating.

And the baby...he is orange because he is, actually, orange (there is a tanning bed in the White House) and a baby because he acts like one.  None of that has to do with his being white. 

"Racism" against whites isn't a thing. Not in a way that hurts, that threatens their place in society.  "White men can't jump..."  Does that really sting? 

Louis CK (too soon?) has a bit on this.  "Oh man, you just called me a cracker.  Reminding me of a time when I owned lots of land and slaves..."
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 4288