Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596745 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2625 on: September 15, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »

Instead, you've launched into the usual uberliberal kneejerk garbage you've posted here.

Yeah, that "uberliberal kneejerk garbage," like epigenetics, lead from gasoline, lead from pipes, and effects of pollution.

Damned uberliberal scientists.

Like I said. A diversion. You changed the topic because you really couldn't argue the author's points.

Why don't you go take a nice swim. Wellfleet is lovely this time of year.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 15, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »

Nice diversion. Besides the fact that, as a committed Masshole, you like to sling the racist label onto anyone who wants to have an honest conversation about the black community, I think the author has a lot more understanding of what is happening within his community than you do.

This is a hilarious argument coming from you, given that you refuse to give Larry the same credit you want me to give Greg!

More diversion. Very Trumpian tactic you're employing, Josh.

You have yet to address the core of Raleigh's text.

Instead, you decide to attack me for posting it.

Sad, but true. You've become what you claim to loathe.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 15, 2018, 06:41:01 PM »

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/1291933002?from=new-cookie&__twitter_impression=true

A person who thinks man and dinosaurs co-existed, because the latter were on Noah's Ark has been chosen to review the evolution standards for Arizona.

Hey, he probably knows more about what's going on in Arizona than I do.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 15, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »

Instead, you've launched into the usual uberliberal kneejerk garbage you've posted here.

Yeah, that "uberliberal kneejerk garbage," like epigenetics, lead from gasoline, lead from pipes, and effects of pollution.

Damned uberliberal scientists.

Like I said. A diversion. You changed the topic because you really couldn't argue the author's points.

Why don't you go take a nice swim. Wellfleet is lovely this time of year.

Says the master of diversion.

You claimed uberliberal.

I disproved it.

You went back to your other bogus argument.

Why bogus?

Because I agreed with much of what he said, but disagreed with his conclusion. You figure since I disagreed with his conclusion, I must somehow have not address his points.

Utley, you can wear your underwear on your head or not. That's up to you.

But it sounds more like you should just chew on it.

It won't change that his conclusion that the only way to fix their problems is on their own.

Or that he's wrong.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 15, 2018, 06:46:34 PM »

Nice diversion. Besides the fact that, as a committed Masshole, you like to sling the racist label onto anyone who wants to have an honest conversation about the black community, I think the author has a lot more understanding of what is happening within his community than you do.

This is a hilarious argument coming from you, given that you refuse to give Larry the same credit you want me to give Greg!

And again.

You ignore the fact that your argument contradicts your own actions.

I had you on ignore for a reason. Maybe I will go back to it, because you are so full of your own shit that you sound like Kiid and Redd.

And you can accuse me of being Trumpian, but fortunately, I have only to consider the source, bigot.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: September 15, 2018, 07:02:59 PM »

"Look after yourself first in this world, son...because nobody else will".  - my first boss [bank manager], on my first day in the workplace, age 18.
His words were true enough.

Hurricane coming?
I'd be boarding up my place first.………...then I'd be helping others board up theirs.

In-plane safety instruction .."if oxygen masks drop down, fit your mask first...then assist children and others.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 15, 2018, 07:07:43 PM »

There's no wisdom in having open borders...absolutely none.
You get taken advantage of.

Guest worker programs...all workers undergoing health checks, background checks etc...good idea.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 15, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »

Tony

I will indeed pray for you, sir.

But two things about your passage:

Selfishness causes depression?  Really?

And as for the immigrants "afraid to go to the police" - too much made of this.  Someone does you wrong - you say so.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 15, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 15, 2018, 11:45:40 PM »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/09/gop-senator-opposes-medicaid-expansion-because-it-prevents-people-from-finding-god/#A1x7lyKkzs35sxdC.01

While Arizona wants a man who believes dinosaurs rode with Noah to evaluate the evolution standards, in Tennessee, GOP State Senator Mark Green opposes medicaid expansion because it prevents people from finding God.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:53 AM »

Tony

I will indeed pray for you, sir.

But two things about your passage:

Selfishness causes depression?  Really?

And as for the immigrants "afraid to go to the police" - too much made of this.  Someone does you wrong - you say so.

Probably not if you're in the country illegally.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 16, 2018, 01:24:14 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/15/politics/kfile-sinema-flyers/index.html

Reflecting on the rally a year later, in an interview with local media KTAR, Sinema said the war was about American access to oil.
"So this is not about the United States doing the right and moral thing by a toppling an evil dictator," she said. "This is more about the United States having access to the oil and the power and control and world stature that it's seeking. It's not about the individuals in Iraq."   

heh

yeah - the prevailing "wisdom" of the time.

Even more ridiculous now

It’s only ridiculous because your k-pop band of wanna be tyrants and empire builders failed epically. The goal was to have the war pay for itself through Iraqi petroleum concessions. When it turned out Rummy and Brenner didn’t have the juice or organizational acumen to pull it off, the corrupt party of crime and incompetence did what it always does when it fails. It moves the goal posts.

This is why you and Mrs. Kid disagree so sharply about how many years it’s been since you’ve had sex. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:46:44 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: September 16, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »

Ken Starr is a hypocritical partisan asshole

the perfect republican 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 16, 2018, 10:15:50 AM »

And again.

You ignore the fact that your argument contradicts your own actions.

I had you on ignore for a reason. Maybe I will go back to it, because you are so full of your own shit that you sound like Kiid and Redd.

And you can accuse me of being Trumpian, but fortunately, I have only to consider the source, bigot.

There you go again.

You get exposed for your diversionary methods and once exposed move to the default setting; the other poster is a racist or bigot.

It's a shame you're so thin-skinned that you can't actually respond to what Raleigh wrote.

I guess his expertise as a former gang member and now as one who works directly within the community is too much reality for your community college lead paint theory to stand up to.

Better brew yourself another cup of tea and put on your warm jammies, Trumpian one.

Then return to your confirmation bias zone where you and your fellow Massholee can comfort each other by echoing what you each just read in the Globe.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:19:19 AM by MrUtley3 »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 4288