Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584744 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2730 on: September 18, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »

As far as I can tell McSorley is running on a platform of Sinema protested the Iraq war in 2003 wearing a pink tutu. McSorley's tax vote has not come up at all.

Sinema apparently made the shocking claim that our involvement in Iraq was about petroleum.   

I'm hoping the tutu part is true,  and that you have pics.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 18, 2018, 03:10:06 PM »

A man pins a woman down on a bed,  clamps his hand over her mouth, and tries to remove her clothes -- what on God's green earth do you think he was intending,  the administration of lotions for possible dermatitis?   The annual asymmetric mole inspection?   If the allegations are credible,  I don't think we need to establish "whipping it out" to disqualify him as a justice on Scotus. 

But I asked the question and kiidcarter8 made it clear, that in his opinion the penis needs to come out for it to be attempted rape.

If that is "right there in MD code" he hasn't backed up that contention by furnishing the code in question.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 18, 2018, 03:15:55 PM »

As far as I can tell McSorley is running on a platform of Sinema protested the Iraq war in 2003 wearing a pink tutu. McSorley's tax vote has not come up at all.

Sinema apparently made the shocking claim that our involvement in Iraq was about petroleum.   

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/23/martha-mcsally-kyrsten-sinema-attack-ad-794337
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 18, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »

As for Maher, I do agree with the part about "shaming without governing" vs. "governing without shame."  Again, that's why I think Biden would have won, had he run in 2016.  He has a coherent and positive idea of governance.

Clinton's weakness in 2016 was not that she did not have a coherent and positive idea of governance.  And I have to wonder how anyone who contrasts Republican led governments with ones led by Democrats could conclude that somehow Democrats have less interest in governing.  Thats pretty dumb. 

And look at the 2018 campaigns...Democrats are running for the ACA, against Trump's Tax Cuts, and against the cuts to lower and middle class spending those cuts will demand.  Republicans are all culture wars.   

Dems really have this tendency to self-flagulate, creating the false impression of balance between the two parties.  Republicans are open about looking out for the interests of white people, yet Democrats should not speak out against the resulting marginalization of minorities...no.  Conceding that ground is actually the opposite of responsible governance.

yeah....... I think you'd be wise to stay away from running against the tax cuts.
You may want.to check the poll numbers on that. There is a reason Repos rarely mention it in their campaigns.

Well of course you are going to take what they give you

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 18, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »

A man pins a woman down on a bed,  clamps his hand over her mouth, and tries to remove her clothes -- what on God's green earth do you think he was intending,  the administration of lotions for possible dermatitis?   The annual asymmetric mole inspection?   If the allegations are credible,  I don't think we need to establish "whipping it out" to disqualify him as a justice on Scotus. 

But I asked the question and kiidcarter8 made it clear, that in his opinion the penis needs to come out for it to be attempted rape.

If that is "right there in MD code" he hasn't backed up that contention by furnishing the code in question.

That would likely be judge's interpretation - or there would be no distinction between rape and assault.

If you think it all begins and ends with trying to take a swimsuit off, that's another way to look at it - but I think you would be asking for too many years.  (Overcharging - like with the Zimmerman case)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 18, 2018, 03:29:53 PM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/23/martha-mcsally-kyrsten-sinema-attack-ad-794337

Thats pretty powerful

Wonder what she will come back with

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: September 18, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »

He has cancelled his future travel plans to Maryland for some reason. You may have clarified an important matter for him in terms of reading the law.

No one is asking for years in prison. Just removal from any and all benches and maybe coaching, which should happen anyway because of all the proven lies he has told before the Senate.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 18, 2018, 04:31:37 PM »

He has cancelled his future travel plans to Maryland for some reason. You may have clarified an important matter for him in terms of reading the law.

No one is asking for years in prison. Just removal from any and all benches and maybe coaching, which should happen anyway because of all the proven lies he has told before the Senate.

Settle for removal from SCOTUS.

Then find your witness.

Political maneuvering by Dems has been top notch on this but may fall just short

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: September 18, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »

Thats pretty powerful

Wonder what she will come back with
Her actual record of service and votes on veteran's issues. Backed by veterans and tbeir families who support her. Though she actually began those ads months ago. I suspect she knew where McSorley was headed.

Scuttlebutt is that Kyl is committed only through the year with the idea Ducey would appoint McSorley if she loses. Of course, Ducey is not certain either. State law requires the appointment from the same party as the departing senator, but I doubt Garcia would do her the favor.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2739 on: September 18, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »

That would likely be judge's interpretation - or there would be no distinction between rape and assault.

If you think it all begins and ends with trying to take a swimsuit off, that's another way to look at it - but I think you would be asking for too many years.  (Overcharging - like with the Zimmerman case)

You’re making a huge mistake. This isn’t a matter of criminal law it’s a matter of a 17 year old rich white kid training to be a Master of the Universe trying to force himself on an unwilling person. In comparison you bring up the case of another 17 year old who you said didn’t merit having his killer charged for murder.

One 17 year old grows up and deserves to fulfill his destiny regardless of his aggressive actions, while another 17 year old defends himself from a stranger accosting him in the dark deserve to be murdered.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 18, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »

So....

what do we all think?

Is Kavanaugh toast?

I didn't think so. I was pretty sure that the combination of lack of witnesses to support her story and his having the supposed nd guy there say no such thing happened ever - not even anything consensual with this woman - was going to take care of it for him.

Then I read this:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/mark-judge-brett-kavanaugh-high-school/index.html

Judge wrote the book "Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk," where he details his experiences of extensive drinking while attending Georgetown Preparatory School.

Judge writes that he is "shocked" about what he got away with in high school -- recalling beach parties that hundreds of people would attend.

At another point he describes his high school as "positively swimming in alcohol."

Judge also references a "Bart O'Kavanaugh," who he writes vomited in someone's car. It has not been confirmed whether this is a reference to Kavanaugh.

And this:
In 2015, Judge writes in Splice Today about what he calls "damseling," which he describes as "making a woman a passive damsel in distress who needs rescuing."

"Of course, a man must be able to read a woman's signals, and it's a good thing that feminism is teaching young men that no means no and yes means yes. But there's also that ambiguous middle ground, where the woman seems interested and indicates, whether verbally or not, that the man needs to prove himself to her. And if that man is any kind of man, he'll allow himself to feel the awesome power, the wonderful beauty, of uncontrollable male passion," he wrote.

I think Kavanaugh is toast.

I think if they let Mark Judge speak to the Senate Judiciary Committee, he is burnt toast.

A blackout drunk who wrote that kind of stuff and was Kavanaugh's "alibi" and wingman? Burn toast with a picture of Elvis on it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 18, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »

McSally.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: September 18, 2018, 05:20:44 PM »

So....

what do we all think?

Is Kavanaugh toast?

I didn't think so. I was pretty sure that the combination of lack of witnesses to support her story and his having the supposed nd guy there say no such thing happened ever - not even anything consensual with this woman - was going to take care of it for him.

Then I read this:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/mark-judge-brett-kavanaugh-high-school/index.html

Judge wrote the book "Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk," where he details his experiences of extensive drinking while attending Georgetown Preparatory School.

Judge writes that he is "shocked" about what he got away with in high school -- recalling beach parties that hundreds of people would attend.

At another point he describes his high school as "positively swimming in alcohol."

Judge also references a "Bart O'Kavanaugh," who he writes vomited in someone's car. It has not been confirmed whether this is a reference to Kavanaugh.

And this:
In 2015, Judge writes in Splice Today about what he calls "damseling," which he describes as "making a woman a passive damsel in distress who needs rescuing."

"Of course, a man must be able to read a woman's signals, and it's a good thing that feminism is teaching young men that no means no and yes means yes. But there's also that ambiguous middle ground, where the woman seems interested and indicates, whether verbally or not, that the man needs to prove himself to her. And if that man is any kind of man, he'll allow himself to feel the awesome power, the wonderful beauty, of uncontrollable male passion," he wrote.

I think Kavanaugh is toast.

I think if they let Mark Judge speak to the Senate Judiciary Committee, he is burnt toast.

A blackout drunk who wrote that kind of stuff and was Kavanaugh's "alibi" and wingman? Burn toast with a picture of Elvis on it.

Could be

The yearbook sure doesnt work in his favor.

If a new appointee is needed we will see if Dems were being honest in their just worrying about Roe v Wade

Likely not.

They likely go after the new nominee just as hard.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 18, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

Probably why Judge has informed the Committee that he won't testify.

And now I see the committee vote on Thursday has been canceled.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 18, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »

I have no idea what the judge's interpretation of the events might be, not having details of said event confirmed.  But while his "whipping it out" would be one indication of intent, it isn't the only way to read it (and there is nothing in the code saying this is how this is determined) and so isn't the only way to make that distinction.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 4288