Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583828 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2820 on: September 19, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »

How would you judge what is attempted sexual assault and what is attempted rape?
Since you seem to be representing yourself as the expert on Maryland law pertaining to these matters, I suggest you read the pertinent statutes.  A word of caution though:  They're more than 280 characters.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:25:14 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 19, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »

Some youthful indiscretions lead to a life of wealth and power, some lead to a lack of citizenship rights...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-elite-power.html

If Kavanaugh were black, he wouldn't get away with the it. Look at Clarence Thomas...oh, wait.

How about it being just wrong, no matter the offender's background? Isn't that enough?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: September 19, 2018, 10:54:18 AM »

As we just learned Mrs. Ford won’t testify next week until an FBI investigation is completed.
Her intentions are now clear. Delay Kavanaugh a seat on SCOTUS until after the mid-terms.

This is, of course, one of the stupider things that Red has ever posted and he's posted a ton of them!

In this instance, even if they have the vote after the mid-term elections and even if the Dems claim sufficient members of the Senate that they would be able to block the nomination after inauguration day, there is nothing that would preclude the GOP's ramming it through duing their lame duck session.
Not only do you confuse the trees and the forest you seem incapable of seeing any of the landscape.
The sole strategy of the democrats in this 11th hour of the confirmation process is to delay the final vote past the mid-terms.  That way those red state dem senators won’t be forced to walk a political “plank” over a risky confirmation vote. If that happens then the dems get closer to the bigger prize, controlling the Senate. Then the script calls for using the election to push the vote to the “ new “ Senate where ANY vote will be pushed off until 2021.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:57:17 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: September 19, 2018, 11:00:41 AM »

It's the "11th hour of the confirmation process" because the Republican Party tried to rush things along.  Oh, the irony. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: September 19, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »

How would you judge what is attempted sexual assault and what is attempted rape?
Since you seem to be representing yourself as the expert on Maryland law pertaining to these matters, I suggest you read the pertinent statutes.  A word of caution though:  They're more than 280 characters.

I read it.  And reported on it, you fucking clown.

The word "intercourse" is of importance.

Not rocket science.  Most states are likely similar.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »

It's the "11th hour of the confirmation process" because the Republican Party tried to rush things along.  Oh, the irony.
Except, of course, that is not true. Senator Feinstein held the letter for over 6 weeks which prevented the Judiciary Committee from investigating. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: September 19, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »

OF COURSE!!!! And now they that they have the letter they can investigate and go about their business.  The "11th hour" is a bullshit time-frame construct designed for entirely political purposes.  If they believe it, they can go ahead and vote now if they'd like.  But you're concern, now, about the politics involved with Supreme Court selections is noted.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:19:09 AM by Yankguy1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: September 19, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »

OF COURSE!!!! And now they that they have the letter they can investigate and go about their business.
They are. A confirmation vote has been postponed and a hearing set for Monday.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: September 19, 2018, 11:20:05 AM »

OF COURSE!!!! And now they that they have the letter they can investigate and go about their business.
So then what are you bellyaching about?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: September 19, 2018, 11:26:51 AM »

So then what are you bellyaching about?
I’m not. 
I simply described the situation to Josh.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2830 on: September 19, 2018, 11:30:07 AM »

Some youthful indiscretions lead to a life of wealth and power, some lead to a lack of citizenship rights...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-elite-power.html

If Kavanaugh were black, he wouldn't get away with the it. Look at Clarence Thomas...oh, wait.

How about it being just wrong, no matter the offender's background? Isn't that enough?

If Anita Hill looked Christine Blasey Ford, Clarence Thomas would not be the Senior Associate Justice.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: September 19, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »

If Anita Hill looked Christine Blasey Ford, Clarence Thomas would not be the Senior Associate Justice.
Thomas was not accused of a crime.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: September 19, 2018, 11:56:47 AM »

The standard is not crime. It’s honesty, moral worth, probity, experience, and impartiality all up to standards and all beyond a shadow of a doubt. This is how you get a high quality Justice like a Ginsberg, Kagan, or Sotomayor.

Red, and the republican party generally, have adopted the signature feature of Dear Dotard in how the perform. They lack the focus and energy to sustain the effort needed to reach a satisfactory result. While they like to think and crow about how they’ve done something amazing, observers and witnesses to their paltry perfunctory awkward thrusts only respond with pity and disgust.

Red and the GOP have become mushroom headed and short of the bar. They wave their flimsy tiny junk around like someone would want it, fucking and assaulting people with no thought of consent. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: September 19, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »

Except, of course, that is not true. Senator Feinstein held the letter for over 6 weeks which prevented the Judiciary Committee from investigating.

LOL!
You weren't in such a lather when the GOP held onto those 42,000 pages of documents re KKKavanaugh.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: September 19, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »

Something unprovable.

Still, what you're saying is...

The wrong itself is not enough. Race has to be added into it, just because.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:00:30 PM by MrUtley3 »
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 4288