Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1580334 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2895 on: September 19, 2018, 11:20:47 PM »

No. You didn't. You just think you did.

Your perception has been tainted by the assumptions you've made, and the lies and distortions you've both created and been fed.

So, run along and play your role.

Everything I need to know about you is in what you post.

Whatever you say, Larry.

Because rating anyone here by what they post is like judging a fine wine by it's label, only.

Ciao, chump.

Um, I’m supposed to “know” you by what you DON’T write?

What, I’m supposed to uncork you and let you breathe before I discover what I already know, you’re rancid vinegar?

Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense!

The point is, dim one, you don't truly know anyone here, anymore than you know George Will or Maureen Dowd or Bret Stephens.

You're delusional, if you think otherwise.

Well, I did have a nice conversation over cocktails some years back with George Will and C. Boydon Gray at Cleta Mitchell’s House... that would have been in early aughts.

If what you post is not what you truly think or believe than I am positive I know your one most important attribute, you’re totally full of shit.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:21 AM »

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #2898 on: September 20, 2018, 12:42:09 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: September 20, 2018, 02:02:53 AM »

The witnesses against Brett “Shady Scumbag” Kavanaugh just keep lining up. He’s dishonest and unethical in such a wide and varied set of circumstances that he’s almost the perfect republican nominee. He’s making mushrooms* out of all the GOP members of the judiciary committee.

http://theintercept.com/2018/09/17/cyrus-sanai-federal-court-employees-attempted-to-come-forward-to-chuck-grassley-and-dianne-feinstein-neither-responded/

* mushroom is being defined colloquially as a disappointing or unimpressive dick head.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: September 20, 2018, 05:39:14 AM »

No. You didn't. You just think you did.

Your perception has been tainted by the assumptions you've made, and the lies and distortions you've both created and been fed.

So, run along and play your role.

Everything I need to know about you is in what you post.

Whatever you say, Larry.

Because rating anyone here by what they post is like judging a fine wine by it's label, only.

Ciao, chump.

Um, I’m supposed to “know” you by what you DON’T write?

What, I’m supposed to uncork you and let you breathe before I discover what I already know, you’re rancid vinegar?

Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense!

The point is, dim one, you don't truly know anyone here, anymore than you know George Will or Maureen Dowd or Bret Stephens.

You're delusional, if you think otherwise.

What you don't get, Utley, and never have, is that it is far simpler than you think it is.

You are either the person you present to us when you post, who likes to threaten and attack others...

Or you are a person who likes to pretend to be the person you are when you post, including all the threatening.

Oh, so much better.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: September 20, 2018, 05:47:58 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: September 20, 2018, 06:18:27 AM »

Have to say a number of things adding up against Kavanaugh:
- he used stolen Dem materials to guide a judicial nominee through.  And apparently lied about it under oath
- he misrepresented under oath that he hadn't been involved in Pickering's nomination, when docs now show he was point man
- he's almost certainly against Roe v Wade
- accused of sexual assault (drop the "attempted" kiid) years back
- was into binge drinking with his alcoholic buddy in high school

anything I'm missing?

Not sure he'll get derailed, but his squeaky clean image has certainly been tarnished.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 20, 2018, 08:46:22 AM »

The Donalds type of judge. A white nordic male, a misogynist, a sexual predator, and an old school interpreter of the constitution who loves the president.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: September 20, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »

The Donalds type of judge. A white nordic male, a misogynist.........

Stoppppp.

All current evidence says you are wrong, no matter what happened with Ms Ford

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: September 20, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/14/facebook-weekly-standard-suppressed-a-story-about-brett-kavanaughs-opposition-to-roe-v-wade-were-republishing-it/

As for Kavanaugh and Roe v. Wade, read the article linked.
This is supposed to be important news?
Who doesnt know Kavanaugh is opposed to abortion and the Roe V Wade decision?
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a strong defender of abortion rights but thinks Roe V Wade was wrongly
decided.
But it is now the law of the land.
And just as you have a devil of a time putting toothpaste back in the tube the analogy is the same for Roe v Wade as Kavanaugh has admitted.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:57:06 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 20, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/14/facebook-weekly-standard-suppressed-a-story-about-brett-kavanaughs-opposition-to-roe-v-wade-were-republishing-it/

As for Kavanaugh and Roe v. Wade, read the article linked.
This is supposed to be important news?
Who doesnt know Kavanaugh is opposed to abortion and the Roe V Wade decision?.

Kiid

barton

« Reply #2908 on: September 20, 2018, 10:13:23 AM »

Kava said that neither Roe nor PP v Casey was consistent with the Glucksberg test.   That's pretty unambiguous opp to Roe.  If Collins really meant all those pretty statements about defending abortion rights,  then she must vote no on Kava.   If K sides with the Rehnquist dissent,  then he would likely shoot down Roe if it came Scotus...or at least chip away at abortion rights however he could.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: September 20, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »

The Donalds type of judge. A white nordic male, a misogynist.........

Stoppppp.

All current evidence says you are wrong, no matter what happened with Ms Ford

No matter what happened with Ms Ford?

And no, all current evidence does not dispute the contention that Kavanaugh is a misogynist in the mold of Trump:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/20/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-yale-amy-chua
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 4288