Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583700 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #2985 on: September 21, 2018, 10:15:17 AM »

Times are pretty good and getting better.
Unemployment is down, wages are up, the stock markets are running withe bulls and the tax cuts are pretty much paying for themselves.

And yet Trump's approval ratings are in the low 40s with even internal GOP polling showing Pelosi winning the one-on-one contest:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407731-internal-rnc-poll-shows-pelosi-is-more-popular-than-trump

Will the GOP find electoral success after showing they would be willing to cover up any amount of lying and corruption so that they can give the rich unpopular tax cuts (which LOL, no, are not coming close to paying for themselves, just the opposite)  and force through a Supreme Court pick which for the first time in the history of polling on the issue, has more people against his confirmation than for it?

I guess we will get the first signs on that in November, but indications are that they will not.

SCOTUS nominees polling status is a reflection of the President.

Republican can yowled Obamacare was “rammed through” thought it really wasn’t. However, if Kavanaugh is confirmed it will be because he was literally rammed through the process.

GOP is losing suburban white women in droves... Trump barely squeaked through the EC with 53% of white women voters.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: September 21, 2018, 10:23:01 AM »

.......and yet nobody wants to admit - this really could be an extended run for Trump/Pence.  Dare I say 16 years?
Would not surprise me.

You do know Pence is in the crosshairs of the Mueller investigation, right?

Pence was brought into the campaign by Paul Manafort. Pence was leader of the transition.

Remember “I plead guilty” Mike Flynn? He was paid $500k to lobby for Turkey while he was advising the Trump campaign without being registered as a foreign agent until January 2017 when he retroactively registered as the agent of a foreign government. Flynn informed the Trump transition's legal team but Pence says that no one told him...

Yeah, but Pence was in charge of the transition.

Pence also claimed he didn’t know until March about Flynn working for Turkey even though the ranking member on Oversight sent Pence a letter in November telling Pence all about the Turkey connection.

As leader of the transition it was Pence’s job to make sure the admin didn’t hire a guy with suspect
ties to foreign governments but no one told him anything. So his defense is he did a shitty job leading the transition?

Pence is neck deep in the shit.
Until anything happens to either Trump or Pence I'll regard all such thoughts as being the offspring of wishes.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: September 21, 2018, 10:23:43 AM »

.......and yet nobody wants to admit - this really could be an extended run for Trump/Pence.  Dare I say 16 years?
Would not surprise me.

You do know Pence is in the crosshairs of the Mueller investigation, right?

While things certainly don’t look good, no telling where the Mueller investigation goes.

Point is that despite just about everything breaking for the GOP right now they aren’t seeing the benefits.  Instead they have a historically unpopular President and generic Congressional balloting that is giving the Democrats about an 8% advantage.

So what happens when things start to not go well?  The longest run of economic expansion in our history is going to end at some point.  History tells us a world that has been remarkable stable and without crisis over the last few years isn’t going to stay that way.  And history also tells us when faced with a crisis, Trump will fuck it up.  And yeah, there is the “Russia Thing” which despite kiidcarter8’s predictions, is not over…

The GOP will likely get smacked down in November, and even after that have nowhere to go but down.  Predictions of a 16 year Trump-born dynasty?  Let’s just say they are premature.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: September 21, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »

Unemployment is down, wages are up, the stock markets are running withe bulls and the tax cuts are pretty much paying for themselves.

And yet Trump's approval ratings are in the low 40s with even internal GOP polling showing Pelosi winning the one-on-one contest:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407731-internal-rnc-poll-shows-pelosi-is-more-popular-than-trump

Will the GOP find electoral success after showing they would be willing to cover up any amount of lying and corruption so that they can give the rich unpopular tax cuts (which LOL, no, are not coming close to paying for themselves, just the opposite)  and force through a Supreme Court pick which for the first time in the history of polling on the issue, has more people against his confirmation than for it?

I guess we wil
l get the first signs on that in November, but indications are that they will not.
If you say so.
But since you can’t even see that the tax cuts are paying for themselves you may want to read the latest from the CBO.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: September 21, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »

I guess we wil
l get the first signs on that in November, but indications are that they will not.
If you say so.
But since you can’t even see that the tax cuts are paying for themselves you may want to read the latest from the CBO.

I did read the latest, and posted it here.  If you had a comment on an analysis that has the deficit climbing faster than previously predicted, up to $1 Trillion before the end of the year, I don't recall seeing it.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: September 21, 2018, 10:29:21 AM »

I guess we wil
If you say so.

I did read the latest, and posted it here.  If you had a comment on an analysis that has the deficit climbing faster than previously predicted, up to $1 Trillion before the end of the year, I don't recall seeing it.
Red doesn't give a damn about deficits.  There's not a Democratic Congress or Democratic President.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: September 21, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »

Red doesn't give a damn about deficits.  There's not a Democratic Congress or Democratic President.

I'd suspect that Red cares about the deficit when the GOP is in charge if it gives him a reason to wave his foam finger for Republicans.  And will stay silent on the issue if it doesn't.

I suspect this because of course the deficit is up to $1 Trillion and Red is waving that foam finger anyway.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: September 21, 2018, 11:15:06 AM »

I'd suspect that Red cares about the deficit when the GOP is in charge if it gives him a reason to wave his foam finger for Republicans.  And will stay silent on the issue if it doesn't.

I suspect this because of course the deficit is up to $1 Trillion and Red is waving that foam finger anyway.
Wow! Talk about old news. Relax and enjoy the good times. The tax cuts are adding 6 trillion to the GDP in the next decade so there is plenty of time to tackle spending. I’m sure even the economic chowderheads(aka democrats) with their new found zeal over the defecit will have to lead the way.
The rest of us will be grateful that the harebrained desire of Nancy Pelosi to raise taxes will go nowhere.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:16:45 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: September 21, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »

The tax cuts are adding 6 trillion to the GDP in the next decade...

LOL.  You truly aren't worth the time.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: September 21, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »

The tax cuts are adding 6 trillion to the GDP in the next decade...

LOL.  You truly aren't worth the time.
Actually I’m worth a lot more thanks to the GOPtax cuts.  Thanks for asking.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:42:14 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: September 21, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »

I wonder if you understand that in polling there are folks who wont ADMIT to being behind this president but when  push comes to shove they will vote for (their wallet and safety) him.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: September 21, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »

I guess we will get the first signs on that in November, but indications are that they will not.

Republican can yowled Obamacare was “rammed through” thought it really wasn’t. However, if Kavanaugh is confirmed it will be because he was literally rammed through the process.

Funny - I thought I just sat through hearings.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: September 21, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »

Funny - I thought I just sat through hearings.

Hearings based on incomplete documentation of Kavanaugh's legal career.

And of course, nothing potentially disqualifying has come up since then...

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: September 21, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

https://people.com/crime/story-behind-united-nuwaubian-nation-moors-georgia-cult/

Surprised Josh didn't put this one up.

All along, York’s teachings grew stranger and stranger. He adopted the name “Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle” and announced he was the leader of a lost Native American tribe that fought early European colonization. He then declared that he was an extraterrestrial from the planet Rizq.

A pseudo religious cult led by a charismatic psychotic...

“I declare I’ve never heard of such a thing...” (clutches pearls)

Excusing racists?

Sad.

Especially child killers: https://www.ajc.com/news/local/breaking-surprise-guilty-plea-gwinnett-cult-baby-starving-death/mUAV0qvqI3mtuzF5UOltxM/

What?

A pseudo religious cult led by a charismatic psychotic...

Whoever heard of such a thing?

How about listing some of the superstars, like David Koresh, Jim Jones and Charlie Manson?

You know that guy, Michael the Blackman who goes to all the Trump rallies? The guy who holds up the Blacks For Trump sign? He used to be a member of a Miami based murder cult in the 90s.

Ever hear of these guys?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/twelve-tribes-the-church-preached-child-abuse-and-slavery

Yeah...

You’re trying to say someth8ng but you don’t know what it is.

Excuse making for bigots? Wow, you're tune has changed.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: September 21, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »

To Red, Kid, and others in the cracker contingent,

This is what your wives, daughters, and other women in your lives think whether they respect you enough to share their points of view with you or not,

http://youtu.be/sd-474FqLO4

The "cracker contingent"?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 4288