Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583662 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3000 on: September 21, 2018, 12:13:47 PM »

Times are pretty good and getting better.
Unemployment is down, wages are up, the stock markets are running withe bulls and the tax cuts are pretty much paying for themselves.

And yet Trump's approval ratings are in the low 40s with even internal GOP polling showing Pelosi winning the one-on-one contest:

I wonder if you understand that in polling there are folks who wont ADMIT to being behind this president but when  push comes to shove they will vote for (their wallet and safety) him.

No need to wonder.  I understand the argument, just as well as I understand that you have no factual basis on which to make it.  His silent majority is a myth.  Polling before the election that showed he would lose the popular vote by 2-3% ended up being correct.  And your theory is not consistent with polling that shows an 8% advantage for Democrats in congress largely due to a desire of Americans to oppose him.  His “strongly disapprove” numbers are also at historic highs.  49% of Americans, according to the last Washington Post-ABC poll, approve of impeachment.  This is not because people are too sheepish to tell pollsters their true feelings.

And even if your unsupported theory is true…Trump’s been carrying these dismal numbers for almost his entire administration.  Isn’t it remarkable that as soon as 2 months into Trump’s term so many Americans don’t want to publicly admit they support him?  Why would that be?  You think that speaks well for his electoral future?

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 21, 2018, 12:16:06 PM »

The tax cuts are adding 6 trillion to the GDP in the next decade...

LOL.  You truly aren't worth the time.
Actually I’m worth a lot more thanks to the GOPtax cuts.  Thanks for asking.

Guess you haven't read the tax bill. April surprise coming your way.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: September 21, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: September 21, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »

You’ve grown from someone who should be spat at to someone who should be pissed on. Nice job.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 21, 2018, 12:46:06 PM »

WALLET!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: September 21, 2018, 01:05:52 PM »

I've no idea how Red's faired in the last couple of years, rising tide and all that, but I'm pretty sure, in Elba he's worthless.

barton

« Reply #3008 on: September 21, 2018, 01:06:33 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/deficit-projected-to-top-1-trillion-starting-next-year-1531950742

As for a longterm Trump dynasty, there is nothing dynastic about Trump.  More like loot, pillage, burn, then run like hell when the villagers finally catch on to what you and your cronies are doing.  (and after the burn part, dump the coal ash wherever you want, because we never have weather events that disturb arsenic and mercury-rich piles of coal ash) 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: September 21, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »

Someone read the investigators’ texts and found them highly incriminating of trump, Putin, and the GOP. They have cowarded away from their previous position on releasing those messages.

http://www.vox.com/2018/9/21/17886720/trump-russia-declassification-order-tweets-mueller
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: September 21, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »

Times are pretty good and getting better.
Unemployment is down, wages are up, the stock markets are running withe bulls and the tax cuts are pretty much paying for themselves.

And yet Trump's approval ratings are in the low 40s with even internal GOP polling showing Pelosi winning the one-on-one contest:

I wonder if you understand that in polling there are folks who wont ADMIT to being behind this president but when  push comes to shove they will vote for (their wallet and safety) him.
I wonder if you consider that professional pollsters have understood the existence of the Bradley Effect for decades, and account for it in their modeling
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: September 21, 2018, 01:40:52 PM »

Millions more Americans now reject Kavanaugh than the number who support trump. That gulf is growing daily.

The republicans are heaping up the bullshit to cover up their rape-forward policies and ideals. Fortunately the only ones who are buying it are members of the dead from the neck up minority.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: September 21, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »

I wonder if you consider that professional pollsters have understood the existence of the Bradley Effect for decades, and account for it in their modeling

I don’t know that the Bradley Effect applies to kiidcarter8’s “theory” or how it would be incorporated into polling on approval of Trump’s job performance.

I do know that he was elected with 46% of the vote, and am extremely skeptical of any contention that Americans getting the opportunity to see how he has done the job has led to his becoming more popular, not less.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: September 21, 2018, 01:52:45 PM »

WALLET!!!
BRIMMING!!!

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: September 21, 2018, 01:56:12 PM »

Usual Republican Hypocrisy:

The same people who went after a credible victim of sexual assault for defaming Kavanaugh accuse A middle school teacher, with no evidence, of committing sexual assault in order to defend Kavanaugh.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ed-whelan-judge-kavanaughs-defender-definitely-just-committed-defamation

Astonishingly, Whelan also tweeted the name, former address, photographs, and Facebook posts of this individual, who is a private citizen. Immediately, condemnations rained down on the once-lionized activist (a former clerk to Justice Scalia and head of the right-wing Ethics and Public Policy Center) from all quarters: conservative and liberal, public and private. Immediately, some wondered whether his tweets constitute defamation.

And now some good questions being asked how Whelan and others on the Senate Judiciary staff knew the identities of other attendees of the party, when they haven't talked to Ford, Kavanaugh claims he wasn't there, and his friend says he can't remember it.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 4288