Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583912 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3015 on: September 21, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »

I wonder if you consider that professional pollsters have understood the existence of the Bradley Effect for decades, and account for it in their modeling

I don’t know that the Bradley Effect applies to kiidcarter8’s “theory” or how it would be incorporated into polling on approval of Trump’s job performance.

I do know that he was elected with 46% of the vote, and am extremely skeptical of any contention that Americans getting the opportunity to see how he has done the job has led to his becoming more popular, not less.

But your BIAS plays into your skepticism

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: September 21, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: September 21, 2018, 02:09:38 PM »

But your BIAS plays into your skepticism

Nope.  A knowledge of how each and every major action Trump has taken since becoming President has been seen by Americans, as backed by credible polling and interim off-year elections ...

- Backing a healthcare bill that would throw 30 million off their insurance (which had his - approval down to the low 30s in some polls at the time)
- A tax cut bill that is highly unpopular and that 2 of 3 Americans know was for the wealthy (according to the GOP's own internal polls)
- Refusing to denounce White Supremacists after Charlottesville
- Campaigning for a credibly accused child molester
- Repeated and ongoing corruption of his cabinet members
- "Shithole Countries"
- Separating Children from families seeking asylum (500 still not reunited)
- Puerto Rico (and his asinine comments re: the death toll)
- Pushing through a judge who represents a real threat to a ruling that most Americans support, even after he is credibly accused of sexual assault.
- The guilty pleas and indictments of numerous campaign associates as it becomes more and more likely that he cooperated with the intelligence services of a hostile foreign power to win his election (49% of Americans support impeachment)

And there is probably so much I am leaving out.

Existing in the FOX News bubble, I'm sure you have no clue how all this played in real America.  But you would have to have your head seriously up your behind to contend that Trump has earned himself more support over the last two years.

And certainly, the results Republicans themselves expect to see in the November election don't suggest that he has.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: September 21, 2018, 02:10:49 PM »

https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1043147750655893504

Wave that foam finger.  We are giving a lifetime appointment to a judge who may have committed sexual assault, and will lie about it under oath.

#MAGA
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: September 21, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »

The tax cuts are adding 6 trillion to the GDP in the next decade...

LOL.  You truly aren't worth the time.
Actually I’m worth a lot more thanks to the GOPtax cuts.  Thanks for asking.
WALLET!!!
BRIMMING!!!
AMORAL!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #3020 on: September 21, 2018, 03:19:52 PM »

Amoral aroma.   (can't resist a palindrome)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: September 21, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »

Amoral aroma.   (can't resist a palindrome)

Red says, "Able was I ere I saw Elba."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: September 21, 2018, 04:02:42 PM »

Usual Republican Hypocrisy:

The same people who went after a credible victim of sexual assault for defaming Kavanaugh accuse A middle school teacher, with no evidence, of committing sexual assault in order to defend Kavanaugh.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ed-whelan-judge-kavanaughs-defender-definitely-just-committed-defamation

Astonishingly, Whelan also tweeted the name, former address, photographs, and Facebook posts of this individual, who is a private citizen. Immediately, condemnations rained down on the once-lionized activist (a former clerk to Justice Scalia and head of the right-wing Ethics and Public Policy Center) from all quarters: conservative and liberal, public and private. Immediately, some wondered whether his tweets constitute defamation.

And now some good questions being asked how Whelan and others on the Senate Judiciary staff knew the identities of other attendees of the party, when they haven't talked to Ford, Kavanaugh claims he wasn't there, and his friend says he can't remember it.

If Kavanaugh was in any way involved in Whelan’s tweets, then it’s a serious mark against his judgment and character. People who want to serve on the nation’s highest court should not be willing to casually drag a private citizen through the mud, using dubiously legal tactics, to advance their own goals. The same goes for other people in public office, be they Senate Republicans or White House officials.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/21/17886430/brett-kavanaugh-news-ed-whelan-trump

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3024 on: September 21, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »

WALLET!!!
BRIMMING!!!

Yeah, run HARD on the #GOPTaxScam... please.

The tax law slashed the corporate tax rate permanently to 21 percent from 35 percent. It also reduced individual tax rates, doubled the standard deduction, eliminated or capped some itemized deductions, most notably for state and local taxes, and created a special break for pass-through businesses like partnerships until the end of 2025. That year, 25 percent of the gains will go to the top 1 percent while 66 percent of the benefits will go to the top one-fifth of earners, according to an analysis from the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center.

Taxes are reduced on average for all quintiles of Americans through 2025, although some would pay more due to the limitation of tax deductions. By 2027, after the individual changes have sunset, 83 percent of the benefits will go to the top 1 percent.

The RNC study says Americans worry the tax law will lead to cuts in Social Security and Medicare, concluding that “most voters believe that the GOP wants to cut back on these programs in order to provide tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy.” It attributes that finding to “a fairly disciplined Democrat attack against the recent tax cuts.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-20/internal-gop-poll-we-ve-lost-the-messaging-battle-on-tax-cuts

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: September 21, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »

WALLET!!!
BRIMMING!!!

At your age, I’m surprised you can still find customers to boof you down at your local park. You probably expanded your market a bit when you started accepting food stamps as a form of payment.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: September 21, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

The RNC study says Americans worry the tax law will lead to cuts in Social Security and Medicare, concluding that “most voters believe that the GOP wants to cut back on these programs in order to provide tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy.” It attributes that finding to “a fairly disciplined Democrat attack against the recent tax cuts.”

Not to mention that that is exactly what the GOP leadership is saying, already!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: September 21, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »

Could also be attributed to the fact that it's obvious.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3028 on: September 21, 2018, 05:03:03 PM »

https://people.com/crime/story-behind-united-nuwaubian-nation-moors-georgia-cult/

Surprised Josh didn't put this one up.

All along, York’s teachings grew stranger and stranger. He adopted the name “Chief Black Thunderbird Eagle” and announced he was the leader of a lost Native American tribe that fought early European colonization. He then declared that he was an extraterrestrial from the planet Rizq.

A pseudo religious cult led by a charismatic psychotic...

“I declare I’ve never heard of such a thing...” (clutches pearls)

Excusing racists?

Sad.

Especially child killers: https://www.ajc.com/news/local/breaking-surprise-guilty-plea-gwinnett-cult-baby-starving-death/mUAV0qvqI3mtuzF5UOltxM/

What?

A pseudo religious cult led by a charismatic psychotic...

Whoever heard of such a thing?

How about listing some of the superstars, like David Koresh, Jim Jones and Charlie Manson?

You know that guy, Michael the Blackman who goes to all the Trump rallies? The guy who holds up the Blacks For Trump sign? He used to be a member of a Miami based murder cult in the 90s.

Ever hear of these guys?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/twelve-tribes-the-church-preached-child-abuse-and-slavery

Yeah...

You’re trying to say someth8ng but you don’t know what it is.

Excuse making for bigots? Wow, you're tune has changed.

You really need to get a new hobby.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: September 21, 2018, 05:15:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1043126336473055235?s=12

The Real Donald Trump, showing through:
I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn  date, time, and place!

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/10/15/16438750/weinstein-sexual-harassment-facts

Among other things.

Most of us understand that.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 4288