Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583507 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3075 on: September 22, 2018, 09:03:24 PM »

https://navigatorresearch.org/what-americans-think-about-corruption-in-congress-and-the-battle-for-the-court/

What Americans Think About Corruption in Congress and the Battle for the Court
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: September 22, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »

Utley,  are you aware that a lot of your posts here just reek of condescension?   Maybe instead of your tutorials you could try listening to people.

I read very well and very carefully. And I reflect the posters' own views back to them. They'd prefer not to be outed for their hypocrisy.

Nice of you to misunderstand that situation and provide your own condescending tone to the mix.

Being a reflexive jerk, what passes for culture in The City of Brotherly Love.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3077 on: September 23, 2018, 12:47:26 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: September 23, 2018, 01:06:27 AM »

Welp!

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2378023118801096

Hi, Larry -

The charts show weighting with a range from 1 to 2. I'll confess to not understanding how that translates into anything I already know. I can see the steel rise in "gotten more than they deserve, for example, but as I don't know what a 1 means, I certainly don't know what a 2 means.

Do you have an understanding of this?

If not, I can do more digging, but if so it would make our lives easier and give other readers who are even less proficient at math and stats than I am a fighting chance of pretending to disagree with its findings!

Thanks!

I'd also note that the graphs shift from an every 2 year measure from 1986 - 1994 to a 4 year measure from 2000 - 2016, with nothingfor 1996 or 1998 at all. That makes the rises to the right of these charts look steeper than they would be if they were elongated by the same intermediate periods that the left side is at.

I don't expect you to know what's with that, but it looks as if I am going to have to write to these people to understand what they are doing! I had misleading graphs with a passion, even (especially!) when they support information I already suspected! It makes it easier to dismiss what they have to say and undermine the entire discussion!

Grrrr!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:37:47 AM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: September 23, 2018, 02:20:32 AM »

Absolute security is not a myth.
Absolute security protects absolutely...was Obama assassinated?
No.
Why not?
His security was absolute.

No security?
No hope...off to who-knows-where you will be dragged...to a fate unknown.

Guns are the answer.
Guns, the bigger the better, and handguns.

Guns, and physical barriers [razor wire, razor wire skirts etc on ships];

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/pirates-kidnap-12-sailors-from-swiss-ship-in-nigerian-waters/ar-AAAuGLq?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: September 23, 2018, 02:53:34 AM »

You could just wrap yourself up head to toe in razor wire. You’d be safe then. Just do it far out of reach of your phone and any computer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: September 23, 2018, 03:08:22 AM »

No.
Why not?

No security?

Guns are the answer.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/pirates-kidnap-12-sailors-from-swiss-ship-in-nigerian-waters/ar-AAAuGLq?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Look up the post hoc fallacy, Bambi.

That something did not happen is not proof that it could not happen.

Using your "reasoning," the vast majority of our schools and businesses must have absolute security, because nobody has been killed there.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: September 23, 2018, 03:09:00 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: September 23, 2018, 03:17:17 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/spokesman-gop-kavanaugh-nomination-resigns-has-been-accused-harassment-past-n912156

You just cannot make this stuff up.

The GOP spokesperson who's been helping the GOP with how to frame the Kavanaugh stuff had to resign when his prior work history came out and it included his getting fired after an accusation of sexual harassment coupled with falsified resume.

He denies all wrong-doing, but he also resigned from the PR firm he was on leave from.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: September 23, 2018, 03:26:14 AM »

The GOP’s main function as a unified scumbag protection front is visibly falling to pieces. This is because of trump, who is too big a scumbag to ever credibly protect.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: September 23, 2018, 03:35:08 AM »

Another small sign that word about the scumbag has gotten out,

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ba6f55ce4b069d5f9d38824

Baby Trump Blimp Highlights Puerto Rico Rally Near Mar-a-Lago

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: September 23, 2018, 04:16:03 AM »

This show is spot on,

The Circus, free episode, a week stale.

http://youtu.be/xfCR7ApWJyA

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »

No.
Why not?

No security?

Guns are the answer.

Look up the post hoc fallacy, Bambi.

That something did not happen is not proof that it could not happen.

Using your "reasoning," the vast majority of our schools and businesses must have absolute security, because nobody has been killed there.
More convinced than ever that Bambu  is a bot.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #3088 on: September 23, 2018, 12:02:54 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/23/voters-purges-elections-rolls-americans-pilf

Fake lists of "alien" voters... who turn out to be US citizens.   If you can get involved in promoting voter rights in your area,  now is a good time.   I also notice Lyft is providing a free ride service to polling stations this November. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 4288