Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1580213 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3135 on: September 24, 2018, 11:29:12 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #3136 on: September 24, 2018, 11:44:34 AM »

Gerrymandering is not perfectly legal if its done with discriminatory intent.

Was going to point out that a lot of gerrymandering is done with discriminatory intent.  Too bad that SCOTUS punted on it this summer.  I love how Red drops these casual lies into his posts.  Cracking and packing generally are not in keeping with our system of democracy, and I hope that at the state level the worst excesses keep moving through the courts and get rejected. 

Looks like Rosenstein is out.  Would be great to have a Monday when I wake up and there's not this crazy news glut and people with hair on fire. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: September 24, 2018, 11:45:33 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: September 24, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »

LOL
It is only discriminatory after the GOP wins elections.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: September 24, 2018, 01:47:53 PM »

LOL
It is only discriminatory after the GOP wins elections.

No, the MD gerrymandering is also discriminatory - politically.

And no, the NC gerrymandering was discriminatory, demonstrably, on racial grounds before a single vote was cast. It was obvious to everybody who looked at it, except perhaps you. (And likely even you, but you lie through your figurative teeth.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3140 on: September 24, 2018, 01:54:21 PM »

Larry missed another one: https://www.yahoo.com/news/wendy-martinez-police-believe-stabbing-175320290.html

I live here. I didn’t miss anything. A criminal committed a crime, bastard was apprehended and his ass is going to jail.

You really need to think about your obsession, it is truly unhealthy.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: September 24, 2018, 02:25:31 PM »

The District of Columbia does not have the death penalty.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: September 24, 2018, 02:27:56 PM »

Larry missed another one: https://www.yahoo.com/news/wendy-martinez-police-believe-stabbing-175320290.html

I live here. I didn’t miss anything. A criminal committed a crime, bastard was apprehended and his ass is going to jail.

A criminal committed a hate crime. That's what you left out. Or is it black folks don't commit hate crimes?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: September 24, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »

The District of Columbia does not have the death penalty.

Too bad.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3145 on: September 24, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »

A criminal committed a hate crime. That's what you left out. Or is it black folks don't commit hate crimes?

And if he is formally indicted on that charge his ass will be in jail for committing a hate crime and punished accordingly. If he is NOT convicted of a hate crime that murderous bastard is still going to jail forever and a day.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: September 24, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »

Pushing for the "hate crime" on the cop at the "wrong apartment", Larry?

Then what problem would you have of Utley seeking it here?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3147 on: September 24, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »

Pushing for the "hate crime" on the cop at the "wrong apartment", Larry?

Then what problem would you have of Utley seeking it here?

Bitch, please.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: September 24, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: September 24, 2018, 04:09:55 PM »

Their (coordinated) overreaching here is remarkable:

"Senate Democrats and their allies are trying to destroy a man’s personal and professional life on the basis of decades’ old allegations that are unsubstantiated and uncorroborated," McConnell said while speaking from the Senate floor.
He continued: "This is what the so-called resistance has become. A smear campaign, pure and simple. Aided and abetted by members of the United States Senate."

Pure and Simple?  Oh Mitch.  Ever the partisan cocksucker.

A "pure and simple smear campaign" would be making an unfounded accusation for which there is no evidence of truth and saying it as fact.  Like what is, for your "President," a Tuesday.

We have evidence here...there is an alleged victim who (as far as anyone can tell) has no motive to make up this story.  We have therapy notes from years ago that describe the attack.  We have people who have heard the victim describe the attack before Kavanaugh was a nominee.  And now we have a second alleged victim who would establish a pattern of behavior., and witnesses to that incident.

Moreover, there is the ability to attain more evidence that could point to innocense or guilt.  But its Republicans (and notably/oh so strangely Kavanaugh himself) who don't seem to want this incident investigated.

The Democrats position on this is that the accusation should be investivated.  Involve the FBI, subpeona possible witnesses...truly look into the accusation to see if its true.  That isn't a "smear campaign,"  its what anyone who isn't so party-over-country to pull their head out of their ass would know needs to happen before you give out a lifetime appointment to one of the most powerful seats in our government.

Mitch doesn't want the investigations because that fucks up his plan, the timing of the nomination and vote ahead of the elections.  But he accuses Democrats of playing politics...

As I said last week, these just aren't good people.  And they are in charge.  Bums need to get thrown out.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 4288