Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584199 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3180 on: September 25, 2018, 01:37:18 AM »

Please, America has elected a bi-racial president this is not the 1860's or the 1960's.

Right.

OTOH, America has also elected a bigot president. This is not a post-racial country. Nor a post-sexist country.

The figures on rent and blacks in neighborhoods should give you pause, Luee. There are places in which nobody cares about mixed race couples.

There are other places in which churches still won't marry them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 25, 2018, 03:09:01 AM »

And then there were three:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/24/brett-kavanaugh-avenatti-third-accuser-emerge-48-hours/1416699002/

...a former employee of both the State Department and the U.S. Mint who has information of a sexual nature about Kavanaugh and his high school friend Mark Judge.

Should be interesting.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: September 25, 2018, 07:24:46 AM »

Pushing for the "hate crime" on the cop at the "wrong apartment", Larry?

Then what problem would you have of Utley seeking it here?

Bitch, please.

Larry does t like it when he's shown what a hypocrite he is.

Where did I say I had a problem with Ms. Martinez’ murderer being charged with a hate crime? and while I may have said something about the man being shot in his own crib, point out where I insisted it be handled as a hate crime.

Both of y’all need to come correct or don’t bother. You keep serving to my forehand and I keep returning it into your forehead.

Larry, you didn't.

But it doesn't matter.

Utley has to attack you, because you disagree with him.

Kiid has to attack you because you are to his left. Maybe because you are Black, too. I don't know all his hang-ups.

It doesn't matter that if you'd said the guy should be given the firing squad. They will make up crap to attack you over.

Nothing's made up, moderator dude.  Stay centered now.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: September 25, 2018, 07:26:51 AM »

Please, America has elected a bi-racial president this is not the 1860's or the 1960's.

Right.

OTOH, America has also elected a bigot president. This is not a post-racial country. Nor a post-sexist country.

The figures on rent and blacks in neighborhoods should give you pause, Luee. There are places in which nobody cares about mixed race couples.

There are other places in which churches still won't marry them.

Luee

Dont you see the horrible things Trump does to minorities every day?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 25, 2018, 07:27:37 AM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/24/brett-kavanaugh-avenatti-third-accuser-emerge-48-hours/1416699002/

...a former employee of both the State Department and the U.S. Mint who has information of a sexual nature about Kavanaugh and his high school friend Mark Judge.

Should be interesting.

As predicted

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 25, 2018, 08:01:08 AM »

Avenatti has rapidly risen to near the top of my "People I Despise" list.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 25, 2018, 08:14:07 AM »

Should be interesting.

As predicted

How much does this new source stand to make - cant see her risking so much when she wasnt even a victim - unless there is some sort of payout

barton

« Reply #3187 on: September 25, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »

No need to debate he said she said regarding "Renate Alumnus. "   it's spelled out for you in the yearbook.  Might want to flip on Incognito mode and read The Times this morning.   Here's the link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html?action=click&module=Top+Stories&pgtype=Homepage

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 25, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »

Already informed on this, thanks

Horrible fucking lot at Georgetown Prep.

barton

« Reply #3189 on: September 25, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »

Here it is,  no paywall...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/kavanaugh-yearbook-renate-alumnus-alumni-high-school-georgetown-prep.html

I was in high school.  It's pretty clear what it means when 14 members of the football team write Renate Alumnus on their yearbook page.   Where the hell was the editor?   Should be fun watching the spin and efforts to massage that phrase into gentility.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 25, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »

Here it is,  no paywall...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/kavanaugh-yearbook-renate-alumnus-alumni-high-school-georgetown-prep.html

I was in high school.  It's pretty clear what it means when 14 members of the football team write Renate Alumnus on their yearbook page.   Where the hell was the editor?   Should be fun watching the spin and efforts to massage that phrase into gentility.
He: we shared a kiss at a party.

She: No we fucking did not.

Renate Dolphin was one of the women who signed the pro Kavanaugh letter. That was before she saw the Yearbook stuff. Feels differently now.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #3191 on: September 25, 2018, 11:55:01 AM »

Wonder if they knew what alumnus originally meant in Latin ?

The pristine meaning of alumnus is 'nursling', or 'one who suckled at the breast of..'

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 25, 2018, 11:59:43 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 25, 2018, 12:10:19 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3194 on: September 25, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »

Avenatti has rapidly risen to near the top of my "People I Despise" list.

He’s a shameless self promoter but where has he been off the mark?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 4288