Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584111 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3210 on: September 25, 2018, 01:18:02 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: September 25, 2018, 01:19:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/madisongesiotto/status/1042972604011872256

And I'm sure she similarly swooped in to Hillary's defense when everyone in Trumpworld was chanting "Lock her up."

And have to love the squawking about due process when its the Republicans making sure the allegations go without investigation.

No one is putting Kavanaugh in jail.  This is a job interview.  For a lifetime appointment to one of, if not the most, important positions we have.  And if Republicans weren't afraid of the possibility of Democrats taking the Senate in November, he would have failed it already.

Actually many believe that Republicans will BENEFIT at the November polls if Kavanaugh is taken down.

yeah, so "many."  But McConnell evidently doesn't.

Regardless, my point was that should Democrats take the Senate, Trump would need to work with Democrats to come up with a new nominee, should they fail to ram one through in the lame duck session.   Not saying its likely.  But McConnell, who sees his influence on the SCOTUS as his most significant legacy, will fight like hell for the bird in the hand. 

He also happens to not care less if Kavanaugh committed a sexual assault in high school.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 25, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »

https://twitter.com/robertjeffress/status/1044608785900277760

"God sends good people to Hell. Not only do religions like Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism—not only do they lead people away from from God, they lead people to an eternity of separation from God in Hell. You know Jesus was very clear: Hell is not only going to be populated by murderers, and drug dealers, and child dealers; Hell is going to be filled with good religious people who have rejected the truth of Christ."----Robert Jeffress
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: September 25, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »

I liked KellyAnne saying it's a vast left-wing conspiracy.
Not just for the humor involved, but she gets the history all wrong.
There genuinely was a vast right-wing conspiracy against Bill Clinton (funded primarily by Richard Mellon-Scaife, with lots of legal hounding by Larry Klayman, etc), while most of the sexual allegations against Bill were probably true.

Not sure how coordinated the allegations against Kavanaugh are, if at all.
But I doubt KA Conway means to assert they are likely true.

So apparently Kavanaugh was a big binge drinker in late high school and early college.  He already said (not very credibly) that he never blacked out form drinking.  Which could explain why he wouldn't remember the alleged incident of drunken molestation.

It occurred to me that if he was drinking in such a fashion in his late teens, he also must have smoked dope.  And likely frequently.  I realize that marijuana doesn't have the same stigma it did when it derailed Douglas Ginsburg 30 years ago, during the height of the Reagan Drug Prohibition crusade.    But I'd ask Kavanaugh questions like whether he ever smoked marijuana every day for 7 days or more in a row.  Whether he ever owned a bong.  If he ever purchased marijuana and who was it from.  Shit that would make him uncomfortable, get him to admit to braking the law, and might be more than the average American voter can tolerate.

Also, ask him if he ever tried cocaine.  And LSD.
Hallucinogenic mushrooms.  Mescaline.  Nitrous oxide (aka "whip-its").
All that ish was pretty common and available in the early 80's in the NY region, and he had more money than I did ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 25, 2018, 02:24:53 PM »

Pushing for the "hate crime" on the cop at the "wrong apartment", Larry?

Then what problem would you have of Utley seeking it here?

Bitch, please.

Larry does t like it when he's shown what a hypocrite he is.

Where did I say I had a problem with Ms. Martinez’ murderer being charged with a hate crime? and while I may have said something about the man being shot in his own crib, point out where I insisted it be handled as a hate crime.

Both of y’all need to come correct or don’t bother. You keep serving to my forehand and I keep returning it into your forehead.

Larry, you didn't.

But it doesn't matter.

Utley has to attack you, because you disagree with him.

Kiid has to attack you because you are to his left. Maybe because you are Black, too. I don't know all his hang-ups.

It doesn't matter that if you'd said the guy should be given the firing squad. They will make up crap to attack you over.

Nothing's made up, moderator dude.  Stay centered now.

The implication that Larry had a problem with it is what you made up.

Own your own shit, "dude."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 25, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »

Avenatti has rapidly risen to near the top of my "People I Despise" list.

He sure doesn't cut it as "a sympathetic character."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 25, 2018, 02:26:30 PM »

And then there were three:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/24/brett-kavanaugh-avenatti-third-accuser-emerge-48-hours/1416699002/

...a former employee of both the State Department and the U.S. Mint who has information of a sexual nature about Kavanaugh and his high school friend Mark Judge.

Should be interesting.

As predicted

How much does this new source stand to make - cant see her risking so much when she wasnt even a victim - unless there is some sort of payout

That says so much more about you than it does about her, Kiid.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: September 25, 2018, 02:29:58 PM »

He HAS BEEN off the mark if it is not proven that Kavanaugh was a conspiring gang raper - yes.

Since he HAS said this already.

No.

He will only be proven to be off the mark if it is demonstrated that his client(s) lied. Not winning does not make him wrong about what they have to say.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 25, 2018, 02:31:52 PM »

Without investigation?

Just because the FBI hasnt been tasked?

I dont think so.

He'd have failed it when his perjury or near-perjury from prior hearings was exposed, Kiid. We'd never have gotten this far and the letter to Feinstein would never have been made public.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 25, 2018, 02:52:28 PM »

Kavanaugh said: “And, yes, there were parties The drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there. And, yes, people might have had too many beers on occasion, and people generally in high school — I think all of us — have probably done things we look back on in high school and regret or cringe a bit, but that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about an allegation of sexual assault. I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone. … And the girls from the schools I went to and I were friends.”

Kavanaugh could never drink beer legally at age 18 in Maryland, even when he was a senior (though from the quote above, I'm not sure claiming he could).  The age was changed to 21 in 1982 with a grandfather clause.  If you were 18 or older at the time the age changed you could keep drinking beer (that was me), but he was born in 1965 and thus was never allowed to drink legally in Maryland until 21.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 25, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »

I liked KellyAnne saying it's a vast left-wing conspiracy.
Not just for the humor involved, but she gets the history all wrong.
There genuinely was a vast right-wing conspiracy against Bill Clinton (funded primarily by Richard Mellon-Scaife, with lots of legal hounding by Larry Klayman, etc), while most of the sexual allegations against Bill were probably true.

Not sure how coordinated the allegations against Kavanaugh are, if at all.
But I doubt KA Conway means to assert they are likely true.

So apparently Kavanaugh was a big binge drinker in late high school and early college.  He already said (not very credibly) that he never blacked out form drinking.  Which could explain why he wouldn't remember the alleged incident of drunken molestation.

It occurred to me that if he was drinking in such a fashion in his late teens, he also must have smoked dope.  And likely frequently.  I realize that marijuana doesn't have the same stigma it did when it derailed Douglas Ginsburg 30 years ago, during the height of the Reagan Drug Prohibition crusade.    But I'd ask Kavanaugh questions like whether he ever smoked marijuana every day for 7 days or more in a row.  Whether he ever owned a bong.  If he ever purchased marijuana and who was it from.  Shit that would make him uncomfortable, get him to admit to braking the law, and might be more than the average American voter can tolerate.

Also, ask him if he ever tried cocaine.  And LSD.
Hallucinogenic mushrooms.  Mescaline.  Nitrous oxide (aka "whip-its").
All that ish was pretty common and available in the early 80's in the NY region, and he had more money than I did ...

He did.  But he didn't inhale.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 25, 2018, 02:58:50 PM »

Kavanaugh said: “And, yes, there were parties The drinking age was 18, and yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there. And, yes, people might have had too many beers on occasion, and people generally in high school — I think all of us — have probably done things we look back on in high school and regret or cringe a bit, but that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about an allegation of sexual assault. I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone. … And the girls from the schools I went to and I were friends.”

Kavanaugh could never drink beer legally at age 18 in Maryland, even when he was a senior (though from the quote above, I'm not sure claiming he could).  The age was changed to 21 in 1982 with a grandfather clause.  If you were 18 or older at the time the age changed you could keep drinking beer (that was me), but he was born in 1965 and thus was never allowed to drink legally in Maryland until 21.

You MUST call Rachel Maddow immediately.  That is IF you consider yourself a good American.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 25, 2018, 03:00:11 PM »

I already did.  I told her, "look he'll even lie about little things."  She responded "I know. And big things, too!!"  And we had a nice laugh.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:04:38 PM by Yankguy1 »

barton

« Reply #3224 on: September 25, 2018, 03:56:10 PM »

Had a feeling some here would dodge the implications of "Renate alumnus" - so let me review....

1. Kava and 14 football pals took a locker room sexual boast and had it printed on their yearbook pages.

2.  "Alumnus" is a lewd slang for "had sex with, " derived from its literal Latin meaning (which is why the term was coined by Catholic schoolboys).

3. Georgetown prep still requires two years of Latin.  And likely did so in the 80s.

4.  We are considering someone for the position of SCt justice,  a job that will involve rulings on issues of law and the Constitution as they pertain to the civil rights of women.

Should Renate,  or any citizen of the USA feel okay about the above?  If you have a daughter or niece who is or was in high school,  how do you view the phrase "[insert her name here ] alumnus" printed in the yearbook entry of a young jock?   Looking forward to thoughtful responses to my question. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:00:03 PM by Bart »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 4288