Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605201 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3240 on: September 25, 2018, 05:03:35 PM »

Wait.  No MAGA candidates in Maryland?  I guess we're not very ambitious.   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: September 25, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »

I said, Is the yearbook evidence disqualifying?

A simple NO will do.

Oh, poor Kiid.

We didn't dance to your tune?

No, a simple "NO" won't do because it is not in isolation. In isolation, that evidence is not disqualifying. We are not sure whether it is now or not.

It's unclear that sexual assault (Class 3) is disqualifying!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: September 25, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/25/17901304/lisa-murkowski-kavanaugh-accusers-swing-vote

Murkowski says it is not about his judicial qualifications anymore, but about whether one believes women when they come forward about sexual assault.

Meaning what?  Vote against so that Ms Ford and others will be believed?  Seems to be a disconnect - sorry.

No.

Meaning that if we believe her, we must vote against him.

I dont have a problem with this.

I also dont believe there is more than a 50% chance she will even show up.

Of course you don't.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: September 25, 2018, 05:07:15 PM »

A simple NO will do.

No, a simple "NO" won't do because it is not in isolation. In isolation, that evidence is not disqualifying.

Thanks

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: September 25, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »

Of course the yearbook stuff is slimy.

Is it disqualifying?

Wrote this then got pulled away.  Repeating what has been said already, but anyway:

By itself, no.  When added to the other evidence of Kavanaugh’s misogyny, maybe.  When added to the sexual assault allegations, when Republicans elevated Kavanaugh’s spotless relationship with women in a letter signed by former classmates and acquaintances as the main piece contradicting those allegations, yes, it does become part of the case against him.

I can’t imagine there is a qualification more important to a Supreme Court Judge (or any judge) than his honesty, and Kavanaugh’s yearbook next to his performance on FOX when he could admit no faults and claimed to be a responsible drinking choir boy, also adds to the evidence that he is less than honest.  For heaven’s sake, half those entries are references to drinking.

A Justice should not be able to so easily shape/lie history so that it fits his political ambitions, and that has been the problem with Kavanaugh from the very start.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:12:58 PM by NeedsAdjustments »
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: September 25, 2018, 05:11:04 PM »

A simple NO will do.

Unless the yearbook had a clear admission or photos, why would it in isolation be disqualifying?

However it certainly suggests that the choirboy image BK porttrayed of himself on the Fox puff piece interview was false.

He was lying.

But thanks for cutting to the quick and making the case that a real investigation is necessary if truth is the goal.

Give me the statement that is a lie.

Did he say he didnt drink beer at Prep?

Did he deny that the stuff in the yearbook existed?

What lie, exactly?

Played football, concentrated on grades..........etc

And didnt assault anyone.

You are calling that last one a lie simply because of the yearbook and the knowledge of daily life at Prep. 

This is irresponsible.

"The statement..."

It was "The image..." that was the lie. I suspect also the statement that he was a virigin was probably a lie, but he could have been, especially given the difficulty he reportedly had getting her clothes off!

But if he was a virgin, then he was a liar in the yearbook, I suppose.

He lied during his prior confirmation hearings, Kiid. This is pretty well established at this point.

He lied about the drinking age and that the 18 year olds drinking at his parties were legal. His language suggests he drank and drank legally, but it only suggests it - but the suggestion is wrong, too.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: September 25, 2018, 05:15:34 PM »

Who wrote the entries, Needs?

Can any of it be considered Kavanaugh's words?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: September 25, 2018, 05:16:22 PM »

Who wrote the entries, Needs?

Can any of it be considered Kavanaugh's words?

Yes.  The students wrote the entries.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: September 25, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »

A simple NO will do.

Unless the yearbook had a clear admission or photos, why would it in isolation be disqualifying?

However it certainly suggests that the choirboy image BK porttrayed of himself on the Fox puff piece interview was false.

He was lying.

But thanks for cutting to the quick and making the case that a real investigation is necessary if truth is the goal.

Give me the statement that is a lie.

Did he say he didnt drink beer at Prep?

Did he deny that the stuff in the yearbook existed?

What lie, exactly?

Played football, concentrated on grades..........etc

And didnt assault anyone.

You are calling that last one a lie simply because of the yearbook and the knowledge of daily life at Prep. 

This is irresponsible.

I'm calling him a liar based on what he said versus what we;ve learned in toto, From the various allegations, (Ford and Ramirez) the writings of his buddy Judge and the damning character reference from his college roomate, who called him an aggressive and belligerent drunk.

I find it telling that the the alleged victim Dr. Ford, wants an FBI investigation, and when pressed the BK just wants a "fair hearing" orchestrated by his sponsors, where all he needs is 11 partisan votes to move forward.

He does not want a search for the truth.

It seems clear he's afraid of the truth.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:24:01 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: September 25, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: September 25, 2018, 05:35:11 PM »

kid

There are two women who said they were sexually accosted by Kavanaugh and two men, Judge and Roche, who by their own words cast serious doubt about Kav's truthfullness about these events.

I do not believe that Kavanaugh has always treated women with dignity and respect. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: September 25, 2018, 05:39:14 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: September 25, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/25/17900812/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-georgetown-prep-trump

Again - was anything on "his yearbook page" written by Kavanaugh?

There are ZERO inconsistencies here.  Kavanaugh was not asked if he hung out with neanderthals (Ms McCallum, you missed this one).  Though he did state that there was no sexual abuse that he knew of occurring at these parties.

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 4288