Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583705 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3285 on: September 25, 2018, 09:00:48 PM »

Again - was anything on "his yearbook page" written by Kavanaugh?

Again, yes, it all was.

The Georgetown Prep yearbook’s personal pages were designed and written by the individual students, according to alumni. A faculty adviser reviewed the pages.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html

pay site

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: September 25, 2018, 09:10:06 PM »

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/25/17900812/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-georgetown-prep-trump

There are ZERO inconsistencies here.  Kavanaugh was not asked if he hung out with neanderthals (Ms McCallum, you missed this one).  Though he did state that there was no sexual abuse that he knew of occurring at these parties.

Why would you deny that BK's high school yearbook ramblings were a different experience that ALL high schoolers participate in?

We all have that page with our wild and crazy adventures, our conquests, the all-nighters, written in code that are our inside jokes.

But Kavanaugh didn't?

His yearbook is a Liberal hoax/fake news?

TFF

I dont recall my yearbook having a page that I wrote anything on - other than signing books that friends asked me to

Thus I guess just thanks for the info
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:36:41 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: September 25, 2018, 09:13:40 PM »

By the way - some turn NINETEEN during their senior year, though Kavanaugh didnt, I guess - by what has been reported

Kavanaugh didnt say HE turned 18.  He said SENIORS did

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3288 on: September 25, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »

What is the FBI supposed to investigate?

An extension of the standard background check for nominees to include relevant information recently brought to light.

This is a job interview, not a court of law.
LOL
This is not a job interview no matter how many times Vox says it is.
This is a Constitional procedure to fill a vacancy in a Branch of our Government with specific Constitutional rules to follow. The bottom line is the investigative role in the procedure falls to the Senate.  Certainly not to the FBI unless you are ignorant of the principle of separation of powers.

Then why do you keep touting six previous background checks?
LOL.

Thank you! Thank you! Don’t forget it is all about love! Remember that. Im here all week so please remember to tip your veal and enjoy your servers!

SFX: Wild applause.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/09/25/doh-democrat-joe-biden-explains-irrelevance-of-fbi-investigations-within-scotus-nomination-process/

Good ‘ Ole Joe.

Yeah, just like the “Biden Rule” of 2016.

So why six FBI background checks on Kavanaugh if they’re not worth the shoe leather?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: September 25, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »

Again, yes, it all was.

The Georgetown Prep yearbook’s personal pages were designed and written by the individual students, according to alumni. A faculty adviser reviewed the pages.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html

pay site

You lost all credibility on that issue with your WaPo post, Kiid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: September 25, 2018, 09:41:34 PM »

Sorry - very credible

I cant read that article

The WaPo story I linked to I WAS able to read

Simple stuff.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: September 25, 2018, 09:43:14 PM »

By the way - some turn NINETEEN during their senior year, though Kavanaugh didnt, I guess - by what has been reported

He said there were parties and the seniors drank.

The percentage who turn 19 is very small and he did not say "a few of the seniors drank."

Got any more hairs you want to try to split, while accidentally slicing your finger?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: September 25, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »

Sorry - very credible

I cant read that article

The WaPo story I linked to I WAS able to read

Simple stuff.

Uh huh. Download a 2nd browser, Kiid. It's pretty easy.

But this is his yearbook entry:

Brett Kavanaugh’s page in his high school yearbook offers a glimpse of the teenage years of the man who is now President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee: lots of football, plenty of drinking, parties at the beach. Among the reminiscences about sports and booze is a mysterious entry: “Renate Alumnius.”

The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.

Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

“They were very disrespectful, at least verbally, with Renate,” said Sean Hagan, a Georgetown Prep student at the time, referring to Judge Kavanaugh and his teammates. “I can’t express how disgusted I am with them, then and now.”

Judge Kavanaugh’s years at Georgetown Prep, in a Maryland suburb of Washington, are under intense scrutiny because of allegations by Christine Blasey Ford that he sexually assaulted her during high school. Judge Kavanaugh has denied the allegation. He and Dr. Blasey are scheduled to testify Thursday before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Judge Kavanaugh’s peers have given different accounts of what he was like. But his yearbook provides a contemporaneous glimpse of the elite Catholic school’s hard-drinking atmosphere — Judge Kavanaugh’s personal page boasts, “100 kegs or bust” — and a culture that some describe as disrespectful to women.

This month, Renate Schroeder Dolphin joined 64 other women who, saying they knew Judge Kavanaugh during their high school years, signed a letter to the leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is weighing Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination. The letter stated that “he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect.”

When Ms. Dolphin signed the Sept. 14 letter, she wasn’t aware of the “Renate” yearbook references on the pages of Judge Kavanaugh and his football teammates.

“I learned about these yearbook pages only a few days ago,” Ms. Dolphin said in a statement to The New York Times. “I don’t know what ‘Renate Alumnus’ actually means. I can’t begin to comprehend what goes through the minds of 17-year-old boys who write such things, but the insinuation is horrible, hurtful and simply untrue. I pray their daughters are never treated this way. I will have no further comment.”

Alexandra Walsh, a lawyer for Judge Kavanaugh, said in a statement: “Judge Kavanaugh was friends with Renate Dolphin in high school. He admired her very much then, and he admires her to this day.

“Judge Kavanaugh and Ms. Dolphin attended one high school event together and shared a brief kiss good night following that event,” the statement continued. “They had no other such encounter. The language from Judge Kavanaugh’s high school yearbook refers to the fact that he and Ms. Dolphin attended that one high school event together and nothing else.”

Ms. Dolphin said she had never kissed Judge Kavanaugh. “I think Brett must have me confused with someone else, because I never kissed him,” she said through her lawyer.

In an interview on Fox News on Monday, Judge Kavanaugh defended his high school behavior in general terms. “People might have had too many beers on occasion and people generally in high school — I think all of us have probably done things we look back on in high school and regret or cringe a bit,” he said.

A White House spokesman, Raj Shah, declined to comment beyond the statement from Judge Kavanaugh’s lawyer.

Four of the men who were pictured with Judge Kavanaugh in a photo captioned “Renate Alumni” said it was simply a reference to their dating or going to dances with Ms. Dolphin.

There's more, but this captures their bullshit just fine.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: September 25, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »

He said there were parties and the seniors drank.

The percentage who turn 19 is very small and he did not say "a few of the seniors drank."

Got any more hairs you want to try to split, while accidentally slicing your finger?

I havent said Kavanaugh didnt drink

Nor did he.

You are pretty bad at this.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: September 25, 2018, 10:09:04 PM »

An extension of the standard background check for nominees to include relevant information recently brought to light.

LOL
This is a Constitional procedure to fill a vacancy in a Branch of our Government with specific Constitutional rules to follow. The bottom line is the investigative role in the procedure falls to the Senate.  Certainly not to the FBI unless you are ignorant of the principle of separation of powers.

LOL.

Thank you! Thank you! Don’t forget it is all about love! Remember that. Im here all week so please remember to tip your veal and enjoy your servers!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/09/25/doh-democrat-joe-biden-explains-irrelevance-of-fbi-investigations-within-scotus-nomination-process/

Good ‘ Ole Joe.

So why six FBI background checks on Kavanaugh if they’re not worth the shoe leather?
Joe explained it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3295 on: September 25, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »

LOL

LOL.

Good ‘ Ole Joe.

Joe explained it.

Well that makes sense...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: September 25, 2018, 10:35:54 PM »

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/25/17900812/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-georgetown-prep-trump

There are ZERO inconsistencies here.  Kavanaugh was not asked if he hung out with neanderthals (Ms McCallum, you missed this one).  Though he did state that there was no sexual abuse that he knew of occurring at these parties.

Why would you deny that BK's high school yearbook ramblings were a different experience that ALL high schoolers participate in?

We all have that page with our wild and crazy adventures, our conquests, the all-nighters, written in code that are our inside jokes.

But Kavanaugh didn't?

His yearbook is a Liberal hoax/fake news?

TFF

I dont recall my yearbook having a page that I wrote anything on - other than signing books that friends asked me to

Thus I guess just thanks for the info

I'm not a yearbook expert but my yearbook and those I've seen are similar in nature to Kavanaugh's with listings  of school activities, sports, clubs, etc and then a brief description of high school high-lites and high jinx.

Good to see Beach Week Ralph Club was still popular in '82. I recall going there more than once back in the late 60s. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: September 25, 2018, 10:51:12 PM »

LOL

LOL.

Good ‘ Ole Joe.

Joe explained it.

Well that makes sense...
It did to Joe.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3298 on: September 25, 2018, 10:54:13 PM »

This is wild... but I don’t think they have the votes or this would of been done. The GOP is scrambling to get to the line but man, these deadlines keep shifting.

this hearing is gonna be a shit show for the GOP especially if the Democrats come in realizing there ain’t no rules.

Don’t fall into the trap of style points for decorum, the Democrats need to pin back their ears and rip Brett a new one.

The media will focus on who’s “grandstanding” and who’s running for President so they better come armed with examples of this boy lying and lord knows they have plenty to choose from.

Maybe the Dems will learn to say, “So what?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqhm36sjVE

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3299 on: September 25, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »

LOL

LOL.

Good ‘ Ole Joe.

Joe explained it.

Well that makes sense...
It did to Joe.

Yeah... so?

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 4288