Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584649 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3825 on: October 02, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »

Trump says it’s a “Scary time for young men in America!”

Its amazing to me how little of the coverage I've seen re: Trump's White House Lawn comments today point out that these comments are coming from someone who has confessed to sexual assault, and stand accused by over a dozen women.

Stop treating his quotes as you would if they were coming from any other President!

Maybe they think the absurdity of his words speak for themselves?  But I think even those Americans preconditioned to believe there is merit to them could use the reminder
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: October 02, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »

It sounded to me like Kavanaugh put on a performance, added a Trumpian in your face element, plus tears and outrage.  Seemed calculated and rehearsed, and I was wondering how much of that is the real Kavanaugh.

To a friend of 20 years, it was not the real Kavanaugh at all.

To the people who claim to have seen him as an angry drunk, I suspect it was exactly who they remember.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: October 02, 2018, 06:20:30 PM »

"I have followed the Kavanaugh confirmation battle in the news pretty closely, but I haven’t written anything about it until now. I thought I ought to say something about it before the final vote is held. The outcome of the nomination will have consequences for the future of the Supreme Court and its legitimacy, and that in turn will affect our politics for many years and likely decades to come. When Kavanaugh was nominated, I became aware of some of his bad rulings on 4th Amendment and other issues, but I did not have reason to think he was unfit to serve. The last few weeks and Kavanaugh’s behavior during that time have led me to conclude that he should not be confirmed, and the main reason for that is that he has lied repeatedly under oath. Everyone that watched his testimony on Thursday was witness to it, and the evidence that he lied to the Judiciary Committee many times seems to me to be overwhelming. For the purposes of determining whether he should be a Supreme Court justice, it doesn’t really matter why he lied or what he lied about. The fact that he knowingly gave false statements under oath should disqualify him."

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/kavanaugh-and-the-rule-of-law/

Yes, the American Conservative.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: October 02, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »

Trump says it’s a “Scary time for young men in America!”

Its amazing to me how little of the coverage I've seen re: Trump's White House Lawn comments today point out that these comments are coming from someone who has confessed to sexual assault, and stand accused by over a dozen women.

Stop treating his quotes as you would if they were coming from any other President!

Maybe they think the absurdity of his words speak for themselves?  But I think even those Americans preconditioned to believe there is merit to them could use the reminder

No absurdity, and plenty of merit;

https://www.wksexcrimes.com/avoid-false-accusations-rape-college-students/

Can you be sure that girl you hooked up with at the fraternity party understood that you were not looking to start a relationship?
Spend one night with the wrong person, and you could be falsely accused of rape, facing a lifetime of devastating consequences if you get convicted for a crime you did not commit.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: October 02, 2018, 07:20:04 PM »

It sounded to me like Kavanaugh put on a performance, added a Trumpian in your face element, plus tears and outrage.  Seemed calculated and rehearsed, and I was wondering how much of that is the real Kavanaugh.

I dunno, but I’d hate to be around that guy when he’s drunk.
I doubt you have any reason to be concerned.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3830 on: October 02, 2018, 07:39:18 PM »

"I think that it's a very scary time for young men in America when you can be guilty of something that you may not be guilty of," Trump said.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/02/653699004/trump-it-s-a-very-scary-time-for-young-men-in-america

Forty million dollars is a lot of money for the taxpayers of New York to pay when we are already the highest taxed city and state in the country. The recipients must be laughing out loud at the stupidity of the city.

Speak to the detectives on the case and try listening to the facts. These young men do not exactly have the pasts of angels.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/donald-trump-central-park-settlement-disgrace-article-1.1838467

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: October 02, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »

https://secondnexus.com/news/official-transcript-donald-trump-exchange-cecilia-vega/?utm_content=inf_10_1164_2&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=GTAK&tse_id=INF_d69b5550c66911e8872dc93302272904

Meanwhile, in Trumpland, we have another bit from the Liar in Chief to try to downplay his stupid remark to the reporter.

And the NYT found inappropriate dealings and likely fraud in Trump's handling of his father's estate.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

It truly is amazing what over 100,000 pages of documentation can tell a person!

Is his sister still a judge? How can there not be disbarment hearings wheels turning right now?

Oy.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3832 on: October 02, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »

Quite. I don’t have to go the fundraisers and cocktail parties any longer.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: October 02, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »

Looks good on a wiki page.

Then you remember what a wiki page is...

If I had a case in front of her back then I'd be appealing on cause.

If the judge was in the process of felonious actions at the time she was sitting on my case, There is a great argument to be made that she was taking her guilt out on me. That's not justice, that's ... that's... popped by pop psychology.

Would it be worth it? If you were young and aggressive, would you go after a case like that? (Regardless of which side you are currently on. A client is a client, and that might be a big client that can make a career or at least put it on a faster track.)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: October 02, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »

I agree with Redd.

You're not female.

Good point, Redd!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3837 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »

https://secondnexus.com/news/official-transcript-donald-trump-exchange-cecilia-vega/?utm_content=inf_10_1164_2&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=GTAK&tse_id=INF_d69b5550c66911e8872dc93302272904

Meanwhile, in Trumpland, we have another bit from the Liar in Chief to try to downplay his stupid remark to the reporter.

And the NYT found inappropriate dealings and likely fraud in Trump's handling of his father's estate.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

Is his sister still a judge? How can there not be disbarment hearings wheels turning right now?

Oy.

Without Fred’s money, Trump would be a squeegee guy at the off ramp of the Queensborough Bridge.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #3838 on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:31 PM »

Oy.

There's a lot of tax evasion and outright gangstery fraud there.   Stat o' Lims is passed on some of it,  but there are still possible civil penalties.   The sheer scale of the cheating is mindbending and it does decisively put to rest the whole self-made man bullshit that 45 ran on.  For those not fully zombified yet,  this might whittle away their figurehead a little more.   I know people locally who voted Trump on the strength of his shrewd self-made biznessman image,  who may well consider dumping him.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: October 02, 2018, 09:52:04 PM »

Economic growth has been revised upward to over 3%: unemployment rate is at 3.9 and headed down t o 3, inflation is well under control, wages are up,
Consumer confidence is through the roof, and Americans are buying steak again.
After 8 years of meandering through the haze of the disaster known as ObamaNomics the GOP has given us all something to be proud of
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 4288