Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601198 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3870 on: October 03, 2018, 11:50:29 AM »

Yep - solid prez.

Solid prez mocking a woman he said was credible about sexual assault.

His audience cheered and shouted "Lock her up!"

Deplorables.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/politics/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-kavanaugh-supreme-court/index.html

Trump is a vile human being. The very worst this country has to offer, in any walk of life.

And his supporters are the same.

You should hate about half one quarter of the nation, so you're right on average.....

But half of that half should be is now on YOUR side.  This is where you go I’ve gone way astray.

FIFY.

Do try to keep up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: October 03, 2018, 11:58:50 AM »

If any of you could respond to this that would be cool

https://twitter.com/KimStrassel/status/1047306695918145537

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: October 03, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »

If you would respond to the President mocking Professor Ford that would be cool.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: October 03, 2018, 12:07:43 PM »

Seems hard to believe but Trump's indecency level keeps on ratcheting up.

Mocking Dr Ford who he characterized as "very credible" as she gave her account of the sexual assault?

Trump is evil.

And fwiw, I was not a binge drinker in college, but I do vividly recall my firat bout with tequila, about 45 years ago.

It was at a close friend's bachelor party that ended up in the "combat zone" in Boston

Caught the worst case of Jose Cuervo flu.

Swore off tequila for about 20 years.

But we're pretty good friends now.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3874 on: October 03, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »

Seems hard to believe but Trump's indecency level keeps on ratcheting up.

Mocking Dr Ford who he characterized as "very credible" as she gave her account of the sexual assault?

Trump is evil.

And fwiw, I was not a binge drinker in college, but I do vividly recall my firat bout with tequila, about 45 years ago.

It was at a close friend's bachelor party that ended up in the "combat zone" in Boston

Caught the worst case of Jose Cuervo flu.

Swore off tequila for about 20 years.

But we're pretty good friends now.

First time I got throwing up and hungover drunk was the summer between freshman/sophomore year of college. Drinking Olde English 800 with my bud’s sister and her friends. Five girls and me... they drank me under the table and that Panther Sweat or any other malt liquor has never again crossed my lips.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: October 03, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »

Once Kavanaugh (Brett or Bart, or whoever he’s pretending to be) is disbarred, he’ll probably try to sue. Republicans are bitch ass losers one and all.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #3876 on: October 03, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »

Didn't you read Bart's (Fink, not O'Kavanaugh) link on the movie explaining how God ordained Trump's victory in 2016?

Let me guess:  you thought it was a waste of time.

So, now, consider the possibility that some of your Twit Links are also perceived as a waste of time.  Given Avenatti's greed for the spotlight, and several indications that his witness is not credible, it's no longer worthwhile exploring that avenue.  But kudos on finding another way to distract and divert from the more pressing problems of Kavanaugh - his mendacity, lack of cool under pressure, partisan hackjobs in the past, and the more credible allegations that have been made against him. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 03, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2018/10/02/christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-reckoning-column/1485754002

Kirsten Power's account of her feelings then and today about an unreported sexual assault on her when she was a 15 yo in the 80s.

When I was 15 years old, I passed out at a party after being fed all sorts of alcoholic concoctions by older boys I knew and idolized, but who in hindsight were eager to get me drunk.

barton

« Reply #3878 on: October 03, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »

Interesting article, Banks.  It's funny, the Repubes aren't this soft on other crimes committed by young men.

Re:  vomit stories....

Rum and coke convinced me that liquour was not my best friend.  Also Wild Turkey (death in a bottle, IMVO).  Alcohol is basically a carcinogenic poison, but our culture has marinated for so long in it that it's going to be one of the rites of passage for a long time.  Especially since the leading rival, pot, doesn't seem to drive a person to exciting misadventures quite so much.  Pot is more "I stayed in the dorm and drew a sketch of the cat.  It's fur was alive with moonbeams."  I do like beer.  Or as the other "Bart" would put it, I LIKE BEER.  Stout, especially.  A tasty sourdough bread in a bottle, basically.

I do recommend everyone go see "The Trump Prophecy," if for nothing else to have a chance to see the most inbred people in your area gathered in a room.  The cranial circumferences will be smaller, I promise you.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 03, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »

Most of what I've read has made Swetnick seem fairly unreliable.
Especially a lawsuit she brought against the Seattle Metro, claiming an injury to her nose cost her $400K in earnings as a model/actress, which she couldn't back up at all.  While her Kav & friends allegations seem rather vague and broad.  Plus, Avenatti hasn't allowed much access to her.  Apparently she just had a TV interview and diluted her allegations.

An ex-girlfriend of Judge's did offer some backing saying Judge had mentioned a 2-on-1 with some drunken girl.  Which I guess also touches on the Devil's Triangle definition.

But my impression is everyone has been kind of wary of Swetnick and she's been portrayed as a flaky wildcard.  But it was the 3rd in a series of allegations, so can't be completely dismissed without some checking.  And Avenatti is pretty damn good at drawing attention.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #3880 on: October 03, 2018, 02:03:54 PM »

This guy at UC-Co Spgs makes the point that Bo and Yank here have made....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/our-political-parties-arent-too-powerful-theyre-not-powerful-enough/2018/10/02/fac1f36c-c673-11e8-9b1c-a90f1daae309_story.html

After Van Buren, the nation entered an 80-year period in which — with the notable exception of the Lincoln administration — presidents were weak, Congress was strong and the American political parties were at their zenith. Generations of Americans have been taught to revile the corrupt political machines that ruled the land from San Francisco to New York. But Postell reminds us of the good that was accomplished in the smoke-filled rooms: The bosses were pragmatic, and they knew how to make a deal. They knew how to get things done.

Strong parties “moderate politics by encouraging elected officials to bargain and compromise instead of engaging in endless conflict,” Postell maintains. “They reinforce the separation of powers by strengthening the legislative branch and checking the accumulation of power in the executive.”   

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 03, 2018, 02:19:20 PM »

Point is that we can relate to drinking to excess. Especially as young ones.

Do we let young drivers who drive off a bridge and panic get away with it? Well if they are white, and rich and well connected they won't go to jail. But who ever let Teddy off the hook? Certainly not the right.

Do we let young drunks that botch liquor store hold ups off the hook? If BK had tried to hold up a liquor store and was arrested for the same, would he be even looking at a SCOTUS robe?

We all know (at least of) people who did stupid things while drunk in high school and college whose lives were forever not the same. Not

OOH , Presidential Alert!

Fitting, somehow.... The mouth is about to blow!

barton

« Reply #3882 on: October 03, 2018, 02:44:12 PM »

Flip phones don't get the alert.   God I love my anachronistic device.

PRESIDENTIAL ALERT:  I'm an asshole!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 03, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »

Staring to look like Kavanaugh is in decent shape

But I am about to have Shep Smith (FOX) tell me otherwise.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: October 03, 2018, 03:06:52 PM »

I haven't considered for a second that Kavanaugh wasn't going to be confirmed.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 4288