Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608728 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3930 on: October 04, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »

I think they are just trying to make a point.

I find it hard to believe someone is as frightened as you seem to be.
Previously when I looked in on this thread, I thought your Afraid Of Everything posts were just a put-on.  If the world really is such a scary place for you, that's a shame.
Damn. Yankguy beat me to it. I would say he is Swift with his repartee, but Bart beat me to that as well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:25:53 AM by whiskeypriest »
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: October 04, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »

McConnell got one thing right, "the Senate is on trial".

They are, and the premeditated theft of democracy, open for all to see, should be on its face sufficient to render a verdict.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: October 04, 2018, 11:59:39 AM »

The cracked degenerates controlling the House just decided we should have an economy strong stable and productive like they do in the state of our beneficent master in Russia. To this end, they have passed through a bill to shift 3 trillion more of US wealth to scaly cold-blooded kleptocrats both foreign and domestic, on top of the 2 trillion dollar boondoggle they have already enacted. The whole GOP caucus should be inmates in the deviants’ ward, if not outright food for lions.

In trump’s financial history, you see the root thoughts that underpin every poisonous word of GOP message and policy.

The cracker pack are all rats in the seed corn.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #3933 on: October 04, 2018, 12:52:09 PM »

The whole GOP caucus should be inmates in the deviants’ ward, if not outright food for lions.

All the food-related modest proposals this morning are making me hungry.  (that plus it's 33 F. when I get in the car this morning and ice pellets in the raindrops on the windshield.) 

I think at this point Trump wants Kavanaugh rejected, so he can then spin that later as a War on All Men and fortify his platform built on the politics of resentment and fear.  I think his Mississippi rant was just a prelude to the rhetoric to come.  Our sons are not safe!  8pm curfews for men!  Brief glance at buttocks a felony! 

oilcan

« Reply #3934 on: October 04, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »

This whole process would be going a lot differently if Kavanaugh had said, "I like Chardonnay!" 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3935 on: October 04, 2018, 01:24:29 PM »

“Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.“

Emo Philips
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: October 04, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »

The whole GOP caucus should be inmates in the deviants’ ward, if not outright food for lions.

All the food-related modest proposals this morning are making me hungry.  (that plus it's 33 F. when I get in the car this morning and ice pellets in the raindrops on the windshield.) 

I think at this point Trump wants Kavanaugh rejected, so he can then spin that later as a War on All Men and fortify his platform built on the politics of resentment and fear.  I think his Mississippi rant was just a prelude to the rhetoric to come.  Our sons are not safe!  8pm curfews for men!  Brief glance at buttocks a felony!

Is 70 F. Here, with the morning light radiant on the plants in my garden.

The fat fuck is desperate to stay out of prison. His shitty rhetoric won’t help, though it will likely get some innocent people killed.

Trump is the love child of Caligula and Pinochet without the brains or the looks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: October 04, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »

News Item
October 4, 2018

The latest monthly survey from the National Federation of Independent Business finds widespread raises as small firms try to attract and retain talent in a historically tight labor market.
NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg says that a record 37% of small businesses in September “reported raising overall compensation in hopes of hiring and retaining needed employees. There are more job openings than job seekers, and the competition for qualified workers is pushing up compensation, especially for the better trained and educated employees.”
“Job creation picked up again in September, rising to a net addition of 0.15 workers per firm,” adds Mr. Dunkelberg, who notes that the demand for workers is intense across a range of industries.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: October 04, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »

That’s all you get by way of sugar high for a two trillion dollar hole in the budget. It will Peter out by December and we will be back to the typical republican economic trajectory, down, down, down.

And real wages are still falling.

Red likes shit. Red eats shit. Red calls it baloney.

Richard P. Feynman

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: October 04, 2018, 02:54:47 PM »

Gee, pretty soon we're going to have to import employees.

Huh!

The only country of white people that want to come here are Russians.

I can assure you, they won't be sending their best. They'll be murderers. Rapists. They'll have the diseases that they don't have in Russia. They'll bring drugs, gangs, crime and no fear of the law.

Well, I'm wrong there, as well. The white people of Australia will be happy to leave that shit house. And I can assure you that Oz WILL be sending us their best. Unfortunately, that is a very low bar in Upsidedownunder.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: October 04, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »

News Item
October 4, 2018

The latest monthly survey from the National Federation of Independent Business finds widespread raises as small firms try to attract and retain talent in a historically tight labor market.
NFIB Chief Economist William Dunkelberg says that a record 37% of small businesses in September “reported raising overall compensation in hopes of hiring and retaining needed employees. There are more job openings than job seekers, and the competition for qualified workers is pushing up compensation, especially for the better trained and educated employees.”
“Job creation picked up again in September, rising to a net addition of 0.15 workers per firm,” adds Mr. Dunkelberg, who notes that the demand for workers is intense across a range of industries.

Hey, Red, remember when the number of Americans not in the workforce was the actual important number? It was 94,996,000 on election day. It is 96,290,000 as of August, the last available result. How.come you do not talk about that number any more? Clearly, a million and a.quarter people moved out of the work force under Trump. The re important number shows the economy sucks!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: October 04, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »

News Item
October 4, 2018

US weekly jobless claims drop to a near 49-year low
The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell to a near 49-year low last week.
The data pointed to sustained labor market strength, which should continue to underpin economic growth.
Initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 8,000 to a seasonally adjusted 207,000 for the week ended Sept. 29, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: October 04, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »

96 million out of the workforce, Red. An all time high, under Trump. You number are fake! 96 million, Red. 96 million.

barton

« Reply #3943 on: October 04, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »

And if they don't find work,  they end up grabbing children at Walmart. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: October 04, 2018, 05:53:48 PM »

And if they don't find work,  they end up grabbing children at Walmart.
Never give up on the “ deplorable” strategy.
Please. Pretty please?
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 4288