Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585157 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #3945 on: October 04, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »

I think they are just trying to make a point.

I find it hard to believe someone is as frightened as you seem to be.
Previously when I looked in on this thread, I thought your Afraid Of Everything posts were just a put-on.  If the world really is such a scary place for you, that's a shame.

The world is a scary place for everyone.
Tens of thousands of people are killed on US roads every year, including thousands of teens. Many many others are maimed for life. Drastic measures should be introduced to stop that.

Drastic measures should be taken to stop the persecution of men by women/leftists etc in the 'Christian' West today.

barton

« Reply #3946 on: October 04, 2018, 06:23:26 PM »

And if they don't find work,  they end up grabbing children at Walmart.
Never give up on the “ deplorable” strategy.
Please. Pretty please?
Did I need emoticons to clarify that was a joke.?  Riffing off WP's post,  which satirized a past insistence on counting retirees as unemployed,  I referenced the 82 year old guy in Itzmey's WalMart story.   Had zilch to do with the Deplorables.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: October 04, 2018, 06:25:12 PM »

On the issue of our economy...

We have fifty eight thousand homeless people in Los Angeles County alone, that is far from good. We need to get those people off of the streets and into housing, and we need to get them fed and cleaned up and healthy so that they can go back to work. We need housing for them, we need jobs for them, we need doctors for them, and social workers, etc. 

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-homelessness-impact-on-others-20180301-htmlstory.html

We are building new high density housing in the Platinum Triangle in Orange County, and more housing needs to be built.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_Triangle,_Anaheim

And people can build new housing in Mojave, and in California City, in Southern California, but they need to create jobs. Guys like Richard Branson have projects in Mojave, and Mojave needs more mavericks. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave,_California

You cannot say that the economy is great, when you have enormous amounts of homeless people. For those homeless people the economy sucks. We need to get them off of the streets and into housing, and then we need to nurture them back to health, and then we need to get them into the workforce. 

And building our high speed trains in California will help our economy, as will high speed trains between Anaheim and Las Vegas. 

We also need to build electric cars in Van Nuys, they used to build Camaros and other cars and trucks in Van Nuys, and they need to manufacture electric cars to create jobs. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Nuys_Assembly

The economy sucks, until we can get all of the homeless people into housing, healed, and then employed. 

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: October 04, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

More scary;

First up in my news online today, as I sit at my computer at 8.38am [having just consumed some delicious poached eggs on toast made for me by a lovely woman]…

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/gang-of-100-youths-terrorise-train-passengers/ar-BBNTN3m?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Gang of '100 youths' terrorise train passengers

Commuters have been left terrorised after a group of 'up to 100 African youths' held train doors open and screamed abuse in Melbourne.

The group then walked to a nearby train station, where they held train doors open, blocked access to commuters and caused chaos.
Witnesses, watching on in horror, reported seeing the youths, aged about 15 and 16, fighting with each other.

The train eventually left the station and when it arrived in Dandenong Station, the group dispersed.

#####

Charming.
Unarmed, the 'sitting duck' commuters must've been indeed terrorised.

Why does this happen?
Maybe because the Victoria state govt/cops won't even say "African gangs"...let alone actually do anything drastic about them.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: October 04, 2018, 07:02:33 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/white-house-finds-no-support-in-fbi-report-for-claims-against-kavanaugh/ar-BBNUh1K?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

White House Finds No Support in FBI Report for Claims Against Kavanaugh

#####

Kavanaugh should be appointed to the SC...to send a message to those women making allegations with no evidence, against men today.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: October 04, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »

Wow.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3951 on: October 04, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »

I think they are just trying to make a point.

I find it hard to believe someone is as frightened as you seem to be.
Previously when I looked in on this thread, I thought your Afraid Of Everything posts were just a put-on.  If the world really is such a scary place for you, that's a shame.

The world is a scary place for everyone.
Tens of thousands of people are killed on US roads every year, including thousands of teens. Many many others are maimed for life. Drastic measures should be introduced to stop that.

Drastic measures should be taken to stop the persecution of men by women/leftists etc in the 'Christian' West today.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... drastic measures indeed.

The sheriff's office had been called to the home several times before, the source said. Deputies were there to serve a warrant for sexual assault allegations against a minor in the house, according to the source.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/authorities-identify-suspect-shooting-multiple-officers-south-carolina/story?id=58280885
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3952 on: October 04, 2018, 08:48:37 PM »

Well... damn.

This is probably for an audience of three or four...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/i-am-an-independent-impartial-judge-1538695822
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3953 on: October 04, 2018, 09:07:27 PM »

Ya think Mitch doesn’t have the votes?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: October 04, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »

I'm really surprised that Flake won't take a bullet for the party. The best way the R's have out of this is if BK gets flame broiled. By the women in the party (of which Flake is considered to be one) and then the rest of them can say "Too bad, so sad" NEXT! 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: October 04, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »

Simple.  Vote against Kav.  Get Flake or Collins of Murk on board.
Trump will still get a nom, just someone who belongs on the S Ct.

Really a good outcome for the GOP is to have Sasse and Flake vote against Kav in this procedural straw vote.  McConnell and Trump realize the votes aren't here and withdraws his nom.
GOP gets to mollify the national #metoo mood and reassure women.
Collins and Murkowski don't have to make a tough vote.

Trump noms a female judge.
Good outcome for all.

You will flame the new nominee as well

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: October 04, 2018, 09:50:45 PM »

And if they don't find work,  they end up grabbing children at Walmart.
Never give up on the “ deplorable” strategy.
Please. Pretty please?
Did I need emoticons to clarify that was a joke.?  Riffing off WP's post,  which satirized a past insistence on counting retirees as unemployed,  I referenced the 82 year old guy in Itzmey's WalMart story.   Had zilch to do with the Deplorables.
Ah yes, of course.
You were just joking.
HaHa.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 04, 2018, 09:54:10 PM »

So, she's a leftist?
Why are bambu-ilk not surprised.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: October 04, 2018, 09:57:03 PM »

I'm really surprised that Flake won't take a bullet for the party. The best way the R's have out of this is if BK gets flame broiled. By the women in the party (of which Flake is considered to be one) and then the rest of them can say "Too bad, so sad" NEXT!
Just to be clear.
If Flake was going to take a “ bullet” he needed somebody to support Ford’s  story.
Instead there was no one who could.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 4288