Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583694 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4305 on: October 10, 2018, 06:59:06 PM »

That guy could well have a legit grievance. I don't believe we have any right to comment until bambu weighs in on the matter.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: October 10, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »

Detroit guy shoots at kid with shotgun tells cop, I’m tired of being the victim.”

That, ladies and gents explains Trump in a nutshell.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2018/10/09/man-charged-firing-teen-tired-being-victim/1582645002/

I wonder if Clint Eastwood is interested in making Gran Torino 2?

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: October 10, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »

Well, he better get cracking if he does….It’s hard to act past the age of 95.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4308 on: October 10, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »

If/when Heidi Heitkamp loses the cognoscenti will say her vote re Kavanaugh cost her the election.
They’ll be wrong.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #4309 on: October 10, 2018, 09:34:01 PM »

Cramer is infamous for saying that the legalization of abortion led to the increase in mass shootings.   He generally believes that perversion has become normal and is eager to stamp it out.  He is the quintessential candidate of the bitter old fuck in Gran Torino.  If he wins,  then ND has chugged the hate kool-aid.  The only tiny bright spot is that the Koch brothers don't like him and refuse to give him money.  The other is that North Dakota is full of tough broads who don't take shit and will vote in the middle of a blizzard.   We'll see,  I guess.

barton

« Reply #4310 on: October 10, 2018, 09:37:50 PM »

It's hard to act at any age,  for Mr Eastwood.  IMO one of the most overrated actors of his generation.  But a definite talent for directing.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4311 on: October 10, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »

Cramer is infamous for saying that the legalization of abortion led to the increase in mass shootings.   He generally believes that perversion has become normal and is eager to stamp it out.  He is the quintessential candidate of the bitter old fuck in Gran Torino.  If he wins,  then ND has chugged the hate kool-aid.  The only tiny bright spot is that the Koch brothers don't like him and refuse to give him money.  The other is that North Dakota is full of tough broads who don't take shit and will vote in the middle of a blizzard.   We'll see,  I guess.

SCOTUS upheld a law in ND requiring a street address instead of the standard P.O. Box used by many Native Americans. This voter ID law was “designed” to combat the rampant in person voter fraud.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: October 10, 2018, 09:52:24 PM »

SCOTUS upheld a law in ND requiring a street address instead of the standard P.O. Box used by many Native Americans. This voter ID law was “designed” to combat the rampant in person voter fraud.

Disenfranchisement, gerrymandering, broadcast lies, and other ratfucking are the only means the right wing crime spree retains any power.

They all smell like dying losers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: October 10, 2018, 10:22:04 PM »

That guy could well have a legit grievance. I don't believe we have any right to comment until bambu weighs in on the matter.

lol

The White male homeowner hadn't taken his medications that day.
He was told by his wife that someone was breaking into their home.
"Tied of being a victim" he fought back...and in doing so seems to have broken the law.

In "fighting back" about the persecution of White males today, one has to be very careful...as danger awaits.

No one was shot.
A lengthy prison sentence or life sentence...ridiculous.

He stepped right in it...now they have him, a White male, in their sights/courtroom.
Lord only knows what will happen to him now.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: October 10, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »

It's hard to act at any age,  for Mr Eastwood.  IMO one of the most overrated actors of his generation.  But a definite talent for directing.

Nah, he's a good actor...one of my favourites.
He's an actor for bambu-ilk types.

This 'Shakespeare' type acting is oh so boring..."The Outlaw Josey Wales" and 'Gran Torino' are just my style.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:29:12 PM by bambu-wisdom »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: October 10, 2018, 11:14:30 PM »

Mark Harris, candidate for Congress in North Carolina, tells women that GOD says they are supposed to be submissive to their husbands and possibly that they should not even have jobs.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisElection/videos/2103839929640111/?hc_ref=ARR_v3bls6MpLsDnz6-isleAo0apiNHxZU_s1bakghW776ArpYWMMxQdj4VzKHzwPc8

The Party of White Men strikes again.

Stinkers.

(I am sure Bambi and Redd approve ths message.)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: October 10, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/mcconnell-warns-democrats-to-think-carefully-about-presidential-harassment-if-they-win-house-majority

McConnell tells Democrats: "If you win the House, don't act like the GOP!"

The problem with McConnell's warning is that Americans watched Republicans engage in a 6 year bogus investigation/vendetta against a President who remained popular with the vast majority of Americans. The current President does not have that popularity and its entirely likely after the non-existent Republican-led House investigation/cover-up of Trump-Russia etc, most Americans might welcome Congress actually acting as the constitutional check on the executive branch of government, and   a counter-weight to the corrupt authoritarian Russian puppet and tax evader.   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 4288