Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583686 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4455 on: October 15, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »

So Elizabeth Warren has come up with a DNA analysis that puts her claimed Native American ancestry somewhere between 1/64th and 1/1024th.
Well no wonder she signed her 1984 book “ Pow Wow Chow” as Elizabeth Warren, Cherokee!

Maybe she did us all a favor by putting a dagger through the heart of identity politics.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: October 15, 2018, 05:26:15 PM »

As long as Donald Trump is around that will never die. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: October 15, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »

You mean Donald "If you produce a DNA test that shows you're a Native American, I will donate $1 million to the charity of your choice! Oh, no, you did it? Well, I was just kidding. I never cared about your DNA, Pocahontas!" Trump?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: October 15, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »

Someone in this forum once said;

"One drop, and you're Black"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: October 15, 2018, 05:44:44 PM »

Yes, but what you fail to understand is that that was the national standard for a long time. Ditto Native American blood.

Obama was "the first black president," far far more often than he was "the first multi-racial president (that we know of)."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: October 15, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »

Yes, but what you fail to understand is that that was the national standard for a long time. Ditto Native American blood.

Obama was "the first black president," far far more often than he was "the first multi-racial president (that we know of)."

I understand it, the person who wrote that here explained it.

Still is the national standard, apparently...or Obama would've just been called 'President'.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: October 15, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »

First she has to go through a nomination.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: October 15, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »

I was speaking of identity politics, but that too. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: October 15, 2018, 06:37:17 PM »

Australian Senate basically decides..."Anti-White racism is not deplorable" and "It's not OK to be White".

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ok-to-be-white-australian-government-senators-condemn-anti-white-racism/ar-BBOoFvZ?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

On Monday the Senate voted 31 to 28 to reject a motion put by Pauline Hanson – which acknowledged the “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”.

Hanson’s motion received 23 votes from the ruling Liberal-National Coalition. [Conservatives]
Liberal senator Lucy Gichuhi – born in Kenya and the first person of black African descent elected to the Australian parliament – also voted for the motion.

The motion was opposed by the opposition Labor and Greens parties, and crossbench senators Derryn Hinch, Tim Storer, Stirling Griff and Rex Patrick.

#####

Pauline the red head made them vote....and the Left and their ilk voted clearly that "Anti-White racism is not deplorable" and "It's not OK to be White".
So there we have it...clear and simple.

Now that your government has used its great wisdom to weigh in definitively on the issue, you can get to work fixing yourself. The problem isn’t that it’s not OK to be white. The problem is that you are not OK at being white. In fact you suck at it. You suck at being human. You suck so bad you are almost an honorary republican. You are no more than a single TBI away. Act now or you’ll grow as lowly as Kiid or Red.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: October 15, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

Uh oh.

Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong,” said Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. “It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven.”
Hoskin accused Warren of “undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: October 15, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »

Uh oh!!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: October 15, 2018, 07:57:36 PM »

Seems to me Sen. Warren used oral history passed down from her family elders, much like many of us use stories passed down from our elders to better understand our heritage. I'm not at all sure she laid claim on anything other than a family story she and her family believed, and appears to be borne out by modern technology.

Now whether she is 1/8 or 1/64 or 1/1024 of any prticular tribe seems irrelevant.

However I would be interested if Red underwent DNA testing to finally determine if he's 1/2, 1/4 or full-blooded racist troll.   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:59:17 PM by bankshot1 »

barton

« Reply #4467 on: October 15, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »

I get the snark potential that attends anyone laying claim to a heritage on the basis of a great(x3)-grandma.  If my mom is to be believed,  I have about that much French blood,  but I doubt I'd be claiming French ethnicity on that basis.   What I find weird is all the vitriol it seems to arouse when Warren is doing an innocuous thing that many Americans like to do,  which is to claim a pinch of first people's heritage.    (I prefer the Canuck terms,  First Nations or First Peoples, which seem more accurate than "native")

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:26 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: October 15, 2018, 09:08:42 PM »

However I would be interested if Red underwent DNA testing to finally determine if he's 1/2, 1/4 or full-blooded racist troll.

Based on his mindset and manners, it’s safe to say he’s purebred, by which I mean inbred, feral hog.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 4288