Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Who do you think will be the next senator from Arizona?

McSally
Sinema

Voting closes: November 24, 2018, 07:55:14 PM

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 422

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 30720 times)

Barton

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4455 on: October 15, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »

I get the snark potential that attends anyone laying claim to a heritage on the basis of a great(x3)-grandma.  If my mom is to be believed,  I have about that much French blood,  but I doubt I'd be claiming French ethnicity on that basis.   What I find weird is all the vitriol it seems to arouse when Warren is doing an innocuous thing that many Americans like to do,  which is to claim a pinch of first people's heritage.    (I prefer the Canuck terms,  First Nations or First Peoples, which seem more accurate than "native")

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:26 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: October 15, 2018, 09:08:42 PM »

However I would be interested if Red underwent DNA testing to finally determine if he's 1/2, 1/4 or full-blooded racist troll.

Based on his mindset and manners, itís safe to say heís purebred, by which I mean inbred, feral hog.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: October 15, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »

I get the snark potential that attends anyone laying claim to a heritage on the basis of a great(x3)-grandma.  If my mom is to be believed,  I have about that much French blood,  but I doubt I'd be claiming French ethnicity on that basis.   What I find weird is all the vitriol it seems to arouse when Warren is doing an innocuous thing that many Americans like to do,  which is to claim a pinch of first people's heritage.    (I prefer the Canuck terms,  First Nations or First Peoples, which seem more accurate than "native")
Then it appears you missed a huge chunk of the story.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: October 15, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »

Rest in peace, Tex Winter

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: October 15, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »

Michael Avenatti is a huge asset for Trump.
I've been warped by the rain.  Driven by the snow.  I'm drunk and dirty.  Don't you know.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: October 15, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: October 16, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »

The part where Trump,  instead of running the executive branch spends his time insulting people and lying?   No,  I saw that.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: October 16, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »

The part where Trump,  instead of running the executive branch spends his time insulting people and lying?   No,  I saw that.
Keep looking.

Oilyboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: October 16, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »

Yeah, I don't get the fuss either.  Half the country can claim some NA roots.  People like the feeling of connection to their native land that gives them.  So what?  I like blood pudding because some of my ancestors could get it down without gagging on every bite.  I don't need a freaking certificate.  I think Oaf 45 is silly to demand a test on something of no importance and Warren is silly to pay the slightest attention to Oaf 45. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: October 16, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »

Keep looking.

Red is talking about how trump challenges people he is afraid of like Warren and Obama to prove they are who they say they are by offering money he doesnít have if they offer proof of their backgrounds and then, because he already blew daddyís money, when they do show proof how dashing donald runs away like a subway rat with someoneís pizza.

Itís basically Redís posting strategy writ large as a perversion of politics.

This explains both why Red likes it and how itís destroying the country.

For Red, Treason is the only reason he needs.

Red is a proud proud boy.

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: October 16, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/05/opinion/midterm-election-voter-turnout-photo-id.html

While many countries greatly simplify the voting process ó or make voting mandatory ó the solutions here in the United States may not need to be so drastic.

In fact, they are right in front of us. Just as some states that have passed laws restricting access to voting in recent years have seen reduced turnout, states with laws that afford people the greatest access to voting Ė several states where ID requirements are not onerous, where all residents can register to vote online and registration periods extend to Election Day, and where voters have many options to vote early or on Election Day without losing any income Ė have experienced high participation. Our democracy depends on the ability to participate freely, without unnecessary barriers. The voters must choose elected officials, and not the other way around.

Fact-packed article - highlights voting problems you may not have been aware of. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: October 16, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »

Keep looking.
The part where Donald Trump makes racist attacks on people he fears politically? I saw that too.

The part where you post stupid deflecting comments instead of making and defending your points because you lack the ability to do more than incompetently recap an argument you did not understand from a right wing web site you can barely read? Unfortunately, I see that from you all the time.
I believe in America.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: October 16, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »

Keep looking.
The part where Donald Trump makes racist attacks on people he fears politically? I saw that too.

The part where you post stupid deflecting comments instead of making and defending your points because you lack the ability to do more than incompetently recap an argument you did not understand from a right wing web site you can barely read? Unfortunately, I see that from you all the time.
I see you are no help to Bart.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: October 16, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »

Keep looking.

I see you are no help to Bart.
I see you are doing exactly what I said you do: posting stupid deflecting comments instead of making and defending  your points because you lack the ability to do more than incompetently recap an argument you did not understand from a right wing website you can barely read.
I believe in America.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 422