Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583890 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4485 on: October 16, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »

<I>My observation that if Senator Warren used a obscure connection in her heritage to claim minority status for a tenured teaching position at Harvard ( confirmed by Harvard)identity politics may have run its course which has been noted by many members of the democrat party. </I>

And my observation remains that your observation remains idiotic because identity politics has found its foremost practitioner in Donald Trump.
Okay.
Not that Trump has anything to do with what Warren claimed at Harvard or what she touted as her indentity in her Senate race in 2012.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: October 16, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »

<I>My observation that if Senator Warren used a obscure connection in her heritage to claim minority status for a tenured teaching position at Harvard ( confirmed by Harvard)identity politics may have run its course which has been noted by many members of the democrat party. </I>

And my observation remains that your observation remains idiotic because identity politics has found its foremost practitioner in Donald Trump.
Okay.
Not that Trump has anything to do with what Warren claimed at Harvard or what she touted as her indentity in her Senate race in 2012.
Well it's nice to see that you admit  "identity politics" hasn't "run its course."  Once in awhile maybe a little self-reflection on the buzzword idiocy you spill here is in order.     
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: October 16, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »

Okay.
Well it's nice to see that you admit  "identity politics" hasn't "run its course."  Once in awhile maybe a little self-reflection on the buzzword idiocy you spill here is in order.   

The man traded his whole political history to endorse America’s shittiest lifestyle brand. How much self-reflection can you really expect?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: October 16, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »

Okay.
Well it's nice to see that you admit  "identity politics" hasn't "run its course." 
That may be your conclusion.  Nothing I have argued agrees with that.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: October 16, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »

It seems to me Sen. Warren used her family history, as told to her, and as attested to by DNA testing, to accurately apply for a job.

And it seems we've narrowed down the probabliites that Red is either 50% or 100% Northern European-North American racist troll.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:26:36 PM by bankshot1 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: October 16, 2018, 05:25:09 PM »

Okay then. So you're back to your idiotic conclusion that "identity politics" has "run its course." I prefer your disagreeing with me anyway.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: October 16, 2018, 05:32:14 PM »

I see you are doing exactly what I said you do: posting stupid deflecting comments instead of making and defending  your points because you lack the ability to do more than incompetently recap an argument you did not understand from a right wing website you can barely read.

My comments were thus:

So Elizabeth Warren has come up with a DNA analysis that puts her claimed Native American ancestry somewhere between 1/64th and 1/1024th.
Well no wonder she signed her 1984 book “ Pow Wow Chow” as Elizabeth Warren, Cherokee!
Maybe she did us all a favor by putting a dagger through the heart of identity politics.

And a quote from a native American taking her to task for using the DNA test

Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong,” said Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. “It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven.”
Hoskin accused Warren of “undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

Perhaps your argument is with Mr. Hoskin, Jr.
It certainly is not with me.
No, my argument is with you, not Hoskins. Hoskins has his reasons for limiting claims to tribal heritage. You have your reasons for denigrating the validity of Warren's pride in the oral tradition in her family of Native American heritage, and your reasons have nothing to do with his. Warren is not claiming to be legally entitled to be a member of the Cherokee tribe, she is validating an oral family history the right has mocked her for. It is the right's response, and your response, to having to eat.crow (lower case, the bird) that is at issue. She has native American blood and Trump's calling her Pocahontas has gone from race baiting to racism. Your desperate affempt to continue and advance that attack is a defense of racism.

My observation that if Senator Warren used a obscure connection in her heritage to claim minority status for a tenured teaching position at Harvard ( confirmed denied by Harvard)
Fixed it for you. There is no evidence that Warren's ethnicity was raised with or known by Harvard at the time it hired her. It was not until after her hire that she identified in an official way with her heritage. I would link to the extensive Boston Globe article detailing records and interviews that conclusively demonstrates this is unfounded in facts, but I cannot figure out how.
  identity politics may have run its course which has been noted by many members of the democrat party.
identity politics is a right wing way of sneering at women and minorities seeking their rights. Like political correctness.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:35:24 PM by whiskeypriest »
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: October 16, 2018, 05:37:11 PM »

It seems to me Sen. Warren used her family history, as told to her, and as attested to by DNA testing, to accurately apply for a job.
There is no evidence she did any such thing. It is a.right wing myth, like Obama's place.of birth. Nothing more.

And it seems we've narrowed down the probabliites that Red is either 50% or 100% Northern European-North American racist troll.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: October 16, 2018, 05:40:10 PM »

Yeah, I don't get the fuss either.  Half the country can claim some NA roots.  People like the feeling of connection to their native land that gives them.  So what?  I like blood pudding because some of my ancestors could get it down without gagging on every bite.  I don't need a freaking certificate.  I think Oaf 45 is silly to demand a test on something of no importance and Warren is silly to pay the slightest attention to Oaf 45.

But she DID

And to a negative result.

I think in the end Ms Warren will not run for President.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: October 16, 2018, 05:41:43 PM »

Okay then. So you're back to your idiotic conclusion that "identity politics" has "run its course." I prefer your disagreeing with me anyway.
Suit yourself.
Just don’t distort my argument.
BTW on the subject of the so-called Trump million dollar bet on the DNA challenge.
I suggest he write a check to her charity for  $976.56 which is a bout 1/1024th of a million bucks.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: October 16, 2018, 05:42:27 PM »

When we are done with Warren can we start on Blumenthal?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: October 16, 2018, 05:48:37 PM »

Yeah, I don't get the fuss either.  Half the country can claim some NA roots.  People like the feeling of connection to their native land that gives them.  So what?  I like blood pudding because some of my ancestors could get it down without gagging on every bite.  I don't need a freaking certificate.  I think Oaf 45 is silly to demand a test on something of no importance and Warren is silly to pay the slightest attention to Oaf 45.

But she DID

And to a negative result.

I think in the end Ms Warren will not run for President.
From your lips to God's ear. I find her to be a personification of everything wrong with today's Democratic Party.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: October 16, 2018, 05:50:45 PM »

Suit yourself.
Just don’t distort my argument.
BTW on the subject of the so-called Trump million dollar bet on the DNA challenge.
I suggest he write a check to her charity for  $976.56 which is a bout 1/1024th of a million bucks.

It seems that Trump might be many things, but in his welshing on his promise to donate $1million to charity upon evidence of Sen. Warren's Native-American heritage, he can not be accused of being an Indian-giver.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: October 16, 2018, 05:53:55 PM »

There is no evidence she did any such thing. It is a.right wing myth, like Obama's place.of birth. Nothing more.

I assume she accurately applied for the job at Harvard.

But I'm not paying much attention to this, as I did not to the racist bullshit about our first Kenyan-American president.

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 4288