Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583664 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4515 on: October 16, 2018, 08:10:59 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/politics/heitkamp-apologizes-sexual-assault-survivors/index.html

not good

Heidi seems to have made a blooper,  but it seemed to be without malice or any intent of harm.   Up to ND voters to decide if it's  forgivable.  Since she's a woman in American politics, I deem it likely the Right will spend the next couple decades demonizing her.

It’s a good distraction from the open corruption and rabid incompetence exhibited by the GOP. Old white men will do nearly anything to distract minds from their continued shrinkage and enfeeblement.

Kiid’s fondest hope is that someone compares him to a Disney Princess, any Disney Princess.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: October 16, 2018, 08:19:46 PM »

Re:  Pocohantas

I think you are OFFENDING Indians be BEING offended.

She has always been revered.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: October 16, 2018, 08:34:50 PM »

It’s at least as well received as those super complimentary mascots and logos they have in Cleveland and D.C.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: October 16, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »

Trump was roasted for using Pocahantas as a "slur" in front of great men/women of Indian heritage

Since when is Pocahantas not a great Indian?

My guess is nobody was offended
You would guess wrong.  And the insult was understood to be one by everyone who heard it.

I am pretty sure that if Kiid heard it he would not recognize it as a slur.

Redd would recognize it, but refuse to admit it.

Bambi would say, "but what about when white men are insulted?!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: October 16, 2018, 08:40:44 PM »

Eat shit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: October 16, 2018, 08:42:14 PM »

So Kid thinks that Trump is paying Warren a compliment.  Kid's "intellect" is apparently going through a Benjamin Button like process.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: October 16, 2018, 08:42:58 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ok-to-be-white-australian-government-senators-condemn-anti-white-racism/ar-BBOoFvZ?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

On Monday the Senate voted 31 to 28 to reject a motion put by Pauline Hanson – which acknowledged the “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”.
Hanson’s motion received 23 votes from the ruling Liberal-National Coalition. [Conservatives]
Liberal senator Lucy Gichuhi – born in Kenya and the first person of black African descent elected to the Australian parliament – also voted for the motion.

The motion was opposed by the opposition Labor and Greens parties, and crossbench senators Derryn Hinch, Tim Storer, Stirling Griff and Rex Patrick.

#####

Having voted on Monday for the bill declaring that:  “deplorable rise of anti-white racism and attacks on Western civilisation” and “it is OK to be white”....the govt Senators/Liberal Party Coalition [Conservatives] had the bill re-submitted on Tuesday...and voted against it...apologising for having voted for it on Monday.

LOL

WIMPS!
And they wonder why most of their supporters have walked away from them, and stopped donating money to them...thereby giving the Left/Far Left a free run to power next year.
Fools!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:46:34 PM by bambu-wisdom »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: October 16, 2018, 08:53:36 PM »

“Fools!” Says someone who will be the last shitheel in Australia.

It’s good to see your favored party crumble, Bambu. It gives hope at least for your corner of the world. May your fascist friends never rise again.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: October 16, 2018, 09:01:47 PM »

Not the ones I live near and work with. They recognized Trump's insult for.what it was.

I am reminded of the SNL sketch that had Trump refer to Lester Holt as "Kanye". If you use the name to demean and insult it does not matter how much she is "revered."

And where do you get the idea she is revered by Native Americans? Not by the ones I know, but they are mostly Navajo or Apache.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #4524 on: October 16, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/ncai-condemns-president-trump-s-derogatory-use-of-pocahontas--KArFACFlku_jlYnYVYNHg/

No paywall.   Be informed.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4525 on: October 16, 2018, 09:10:37 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: October 16, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

So Kid thinks that Trump is paying Warren a compliment. 

Nah - not so much

Having a little fun with her, is all.

Very innocent.  And effective.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4528 on: October 16, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »

Nah - not so much

Very innocent.  And effective.

Who hurt you?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: October 16, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »

Nah - not so much

Very Not at all innocent.  And not at all effective.

There. FIFY.

And for Bambu and those interested in events in his picturesque dystopia,

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/16/its-ok-to-be-white-is-not-a-joke-its-careless-politicians-helping-the-far-right

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 4288