Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584800 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4545 on: October 17, 2018, 09:16:59 AM »

Support republicans, support racism.

Defeat republicans, defeat racism.

It’s that simple

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm

BLACKLASH!

So...defeat racism by being...racist.

Okay, hypocritters.

Dopes.

BLACKLASH referred to the Obama voters who switched to Trump. Read the article, nitwit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4546 on: October 17, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »

My latest from the Shinbone Star...

You gotta fight, for your right to...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2018/10/17/accommodation-politics-is-losing-politics-now-we-fight/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #4547 on: October 17, 2018, 10:06:54 AM »

Support republicans, support racism.

Defeat republicans, defeat racism.

It’s that simple

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/10/16/17980820/trump-obama-2016-race-racism-class-economy-2018-midterm

BLACKLASH!

So...defeat racism by being...racist.

Okay, hypocritters.

Dopes.

BLACKLASH referred to the Obama voters who switched to Trump. Read the article, nitwit.

Peggy tends to be one-note in his posts.   As the article noted,  a wide array of sociological studies support the theory that racist and xenophobic attitudes were key in switching Obama votes to Trump votes.   As discussed here yesterday, "identity politics" became skewed from its original meaning and turned into a right wing dogwhistle. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: October 17, 2018, 10:48:08 AM »

barton

« Reply #4550 on: October 17, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »

Just for the sake of a break from extreme partisan scare stories, here is a Nobel prize winning economist on who actually supports Medicare....

(regarding the tweets, I can only say it's probably healthy for the mind to occasionally study the actual policy positions of both parties and their candidates, rather than try to figure out the moral character and political integrity of hundreds of millions of Americans by means of footage of lone lunatics acting out their mental health issues in the street....just a thought)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/opinion/republicans-lies-medicare-pre-existing-conditions.html?fallback=0&recId=1Bhyf84GtPxF1drEkmW5S5h89JS&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=SD&recAlloc=contextual-bandit-home-geo&geoCountry=US&blockId=midterm-elections&imp_id=643049848

barton

« Reply #4551 on: October 17, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »

Russ Douthat is right, this week.  Warren let Trump troll her and get her to play the game his way.  If he is the 2020 GOP candidate, the Democrats definitely need a different frontrunner who might be able to reach some of the now-40% of Americans who are Independents. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: October 17, 2018, 11:59:26 AM »

Just for the sake of a break from extreme partisan scare stories, here is a Nobel prize winning economist on who actually supports Medicare....

(regarding the tweets, I can only say it's probably healthy for the mind to occasionally study the actual policy positions of both parties and their candidates, rather than try to figure out the moral character and political integrity of hundreds of millions of Americans by means of footage of lone lunatics acting out their mental health issues in the street....just a thought)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/opinion/republicans-lies-medicare-pre-existing-conditions.html?fallback=0&recId=1Bhyf84GtPxF1drEkmW5S5h89JS&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=SD&recAlloc=contextual-bandit-home-geo&geoCountry=US&blockId=midterm-elections&imp_id=643049848
LOL
As long as we study the positions of the parties through the partisan lenses worn by a leftist political columnist posing as an economist.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: October 17, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »

Is that what they tell you on the rapist news network?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: October 17, 2018, 12:48:37 PM »

The republicans have gone all in on crackhead economics.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bc7563ae4b0d38b587437ad

Don’t ask them what happened to grandma’s nice silverware or to her social security. Fuck you. They have a habit to feed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4555 on: October 17, 2018, 01:58:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1052438254019055616

Fuck a James Woods!

“James Woods is a giant, manic-depressive, cokehead baby whose evolution into a right-wing troll as a means of ascribing political reasons to his natural slide from cultural relevance is as transparent as his septum from doing so much fucking cocaine.”

“James Woods is a cocaine-fueled gasbag who acts as some sort of aggrieved proponent of moral certitude despite telling Obama supporters to ‘put down their crack pipe’ while gleefully celebrating the death of a man who said something similar to him—and who, lest we forget, at the age of 66, dated the 19-year-old daughter of a golfing buddy he’d known since she was 5 years old, then dumped her after she turned 26 and immediately took up with another 20-year-old, which suggests, at best, a deep emotional immaturity and a desperate need for validation on his part, and at worst, a knowingly predatory relationship with women who have clear psychological complexes about their own fathers...”

https://news.avclub.com/now-you-can-call-james-woods-a-cokehead-on-twitter-and-1798254484

Lyndon Johnson

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: October 17, 2018, 02:11:06 PM »

LOL
As long as we study the positions of the parties through the partisan lenses worn by a leftist political columnist posing as an economist.
Partisan lenses!

If you ask real nice, he might let you see his Nobel Prize for Economics. I bet it is nice.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: October 17, 2018, 02:15:05 PM »

LOL
Partisan lenses!

If you ask real nice, he might let you see his Nobel Prize for Economics. I bet it is nice.
Or his Economics Degrees from Yale and M.I.T.  And since credentials obviously mean a lot to Red, he should probably ask to see his supply-side buddy Larry Kudlow's economics degree.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: October 17, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »

LOL
Partisan lenses!
Absolutely.
If you haven’t noticed economists as a group are hardly non-partisan.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: October 17, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »

LOL
Partisan lenses!

Or his Economics Degrees from Yale and M.I.T.  And since credentials obviously mean a lot to Red, he should probably ask to see his supply-side buddy Larry Kudlow's economics degree.
Thanks for proving my point.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 4288