Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584607 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4635 on: October 19, 2018, 12:46:55 AM »

A better choice than all the Amendment back and fourth is just to take 50-70 million people from the most beleaguered places on earth, expedite their citizenship and settle them in Nebraska, Oklahoma, Indiana, Idaho, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alaska, etc. that should be the final nail in the coffin of the GOP. From Lincoln to nothing, R.I.P.

I realize that is at least partially tongue-in-cheek, but...

If we merely had one million democrats move to a few of those places, it would take care of the national problem just fine.

And since a bunch of libertarian types are already attempting a similar, albeit less ambitious plan and it is working faster than anything the Greens or the official Liberatarian Party have ever managed in terms of gaining elected representation (in their combined histories!), it seems like a viable model to borrow.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 19, 2018, 01:30:49 AM »

A better choice than all the Amendment back and fourth is just to take 50-70 million people from the most beleaguered places on earth, expedite their citizenship and settle them in Nebraska, Oklahoma, Indiana, Idaho, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alaska, etc. that should be the final nail in the coffin of the GOP. From Lincoln to nothing, R.I.P.

I'd let natural attrition (old age+) trim the ranks of the old white racist party, the rest will likely leave for Argentina or Germany, And the unfortunate social Republicans will likely die prematurely from either opiate addiction and/or the gutting of healthcare and other social programs.

Then the democrats will fix the mess created by the racist greedy Republican pigs

As they have done repeatedly in the past.

Obamacare was a dismal failure.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 19, 2018, 01:33:03 AM »

There is no harm in being shunned by an increasingly irrelevant minority.

If you shunning me means that as far as I’m concerned you have shut the fuck up, it’s actually a rather nice bonus.

Hipsters and Boriquenos to Omaha and Muncie! 2 million strong to right the wrong! Domestic migration to end the reign of the dinosaurs. Nice!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 19, 2018, 01:35:38 AM »

It didn’t cover a single Australian even though they are all terminally stupid.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 19, 2018, 01:40:19 AM »

I realize that is at least partially tongue-in-cheek, but...

If we merely had one million democrats move to a few of those places, it would take care of the national problem just fine.
Why don’t you lead the way?
And since a bunch of libertarian types are already attempting a similar, albeit less ambitious plan and it is working faster than anything the Greens or the official Liberatarian Party have ever managed in terms of gaining elected representation (in their combined histories!), it seems like a viable model to borrow.
Nice bit of fiction.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 19, 2018, 01:42:44 AM »

There is no harm in being shunned by an increasingly irrelevant minority.
Except the democrats are the minority party searching for ways to get back in the game.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 19, 2018, 02:24:06 AM »

It was a failure though, wasn't it?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: October 19, 2018, 02:44:20 AM »

I quite enjoy my stable affordable coverage selected from a wide range of choices all of which provide basic essential care. My doctors are great. And nothing I’ve needed has broken the bank. Then again I don’t live in a sabotage state that voted fir the flaming turd monkey. Red, who always likes to fuck himself and everyone around him is probably having a much worse experience. That can probably be said of many things when comparing our two lives. Here in California we make Obamacare work. It is much better than the prior non-system. It’s not as good as Medicare for all which is what will come next. But it comes from the last legitimate president this country has had, so even though it’s a thoroughly republican program we have sentimental attachment to it as well.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 19, 2018, 03:04:32 AM »

From a GOP perspective?

It certainly was.

It failed to have costs for those under it rise as fast as for those not under it.

It failed to have people with pre-existing conditions excluded by their insurance companies.

It failed to enroll has many as it wanted to, especially after Trump stopped funding that process and those ads.

But no, it didn't fail. It wasn't the greatest thing ever, but for ~25 million people, it provided a lifeline that mattered a ton.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: October 19, 2018, 04:18:38 AM »

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/election/article220180385.html

Another GOP former governor of Kansas has endorsed the Democratic Party candidate, Laura Kelly, over Kris Kobach.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 19, 2018, 05:48:02 AM »

Do you mean in comparison to the Trump/Republican health care program, which was nonexistent?

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 19, 2018, 05:54:47 AM »

The PARTY OF LINCOLN…..
Rewatched the excellent movie ‘LINCOLN’ last night starring Daniel Day-Lewis. Among other things, I couldn’t help but think about the small, empty little man who now lives in the same house Lincoln lived and worked in.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: October 19, 2018, 07:10:58 AM »

Do you mean in comparison to the Trump/Republican health care program, which was nonexistent?

Hmmm...I didn't think Obamacare was adopted at all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: October 19, 2018, 08:13:09 AM »

The GOP continues its efforts to block legal voters from voting when they are likelier to be voting for Democratic Party candidates:

North Dakota has a budget surplus.

Are ANY polling places (across the US)  being eliminated in Republican heavy districts?  Have you researched it?  Has anyone?

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 4288