Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584508 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4755 on: October 20, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »

'Open borders' is a very bad way to run a country.
Anybody and everybody can just waltz in...good people, bad people...criminal gangs, thugs, murderers, drug dealers, rapists, job-'stealers', terrorists, takeover merchants waving foreign flags, etc etc etc.

Best the borders are sealed / have integrity..."Sovereign borders".
If not...might as well just close down the Coast Guard and use the boats for pleasure cruises.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: October 20, 2018, 10:46:08 PM »

Meanwhile....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/politics/donald-trump-us-arms-agreement-russia/index.html

Don't blame him, I'd be pulling America out of it too if I were U.S. President.

"Russia has violated the agreement. They've been violating it for many years," Trump told reporters

You are a tamper throwing infant and things you advocate for are invariably wrong.

What will spew next from your broken brain?

Trump obviously feels like Russia is playing him and the U.S. for fools...and has decided that he's not going to put up with it any longer.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: October 20, 2018, 10:46:56 PM »

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/letter-of-recommendation-for-a-basic-male-mfa-applicant

No wonder I didn't do very well at school...all that is basically 'double dutch' to me.
I could never write essays/anything more than a few lines really.
I never read 'the serious novels'...I could never understand them or remember much in them a few hours later.
If the said Timothy can do all that he deserves a degree.

The professor's recommendation letter is 'unbelievable', how can anyone write like that.
Guess that's why he's a professor.

Yes, that probably explains your school performance.

Among other things it explains.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: October 20, 2018, 10:48:45 PM »

Meanwhile....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/20/politics/donald-trump-us-arms-agreement-russia/index.html

"Russia has violated the agreement. They've been violating it for many years," Trump told reporters

Given that he said the same thing about Iran, despite his military telling him otherwise and his claims about our allies screwing us when they weren't, I take his statement there as I do most of his - with a salt mine.

How do I know when President Trump is lying?

His lips are moving.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: October 20, 2018, 10:50:26 PM »

Meanwhile....

You are a tamper throwing infant and things you advocate for are invariably wrong.

What will spew next from your broken brain?

Trump obviously feels like Russia is playing him and the U.S. for fools...and has decided that he's not going to put up with it any longer.

But only on this.

He trusts them when they deny interfering with our elections.

And he loves Kim Jong Un, and believes him.

Trump's judgment is broken.

Maybe worse than yours!

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: October 20, 2018, 11:35:59 PM »

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/letter-of-recommendation-for-a-basic-male-mfa-applicant

No wonder I didn't do very well at school...all that is basically 'double dutch' to me.
I never read 'the serious novels'...I could never understand them or remember much in them a few hours later.

The professor's recommendation letter is 'unbelievable', how can anyone write like that.

School was mostly a waste of time.
Having been forced to attend finishing school on Sat mornings, by the time I left school my english grammar was not too bad, and my basic maths ok too...and I passed a bank's entrance exam.
Totally unprepared for the workforce...I struggled for several years.
Then I got a lot smarter..."I can't write letters, but other people can, so I'll copy from them".
I copied any and every letter I could....letters I received outside the workforce, and seen within the workforce...into my folders they went.
Why spend money going to letter-writing school.

The professor's letter above would've been captured for all time.
Words, phrases, paragraphs...look how well bambu can write letters [as long as no one steals his folders]...no worries, had copies of folders at home also.
Successful people usually dress well, speak well, groom well, have good style.

Moral of the story;

Wanna be successful, copy from successful people.

Men are usually judged by what type of car they drive, what they look like...and where they live. [and how much money they have].

Simples! 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:40:53 PM by bambu-wisdom »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 21, 2018, 12:38:40 AM »

Anybody and everybody can just waltz in...good people, bad people...criminal gangs, thugs, murderers, drug dealers, rapists, job-'stealers', terrorists, takeover merchants waving foreign flags, etc etc etc.

If not...might as well just close down the Coast Guard and use the boats for pleasure cruises.

In the U.S.A., borders are being sealed by takeover merchants waving foreign flags. Do try to keep up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: October 21, 2018, 12:45:59 AM »

Having been forced to attend finishing school on Sat mornings, by the time I left school my english grammar was not too bad, and my basic maths ok too...and I passed a bank's entrance exam.
Then I got a lot smarter..."I can't write letters, but other people can, so I'll copy from them".
I copied any and every letter I could....letters I received outside the workforce, and seen within the workforce...into my folders they went.

Words, phrases, paragraphs...look how well bambu can write letters [as long as no one steals his folders]...no worries, had copies of folders at home also.

Moral of the story;

Men are usually judged by what type of car they drive, what they look like...and where they live. [and how much money they have].

Simples!

But you never learned satire.

And your belief that image is what is important explains your adoration for our president.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: October 21, 2018, 12:46:24 AM »

Not what I meant to post, but I will leave it up.

She's competing at the World Nomad Games in Kyrgyzstan.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: October 21, 2018, 12:48:21 AM »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 21, 2018, 01:06:15 AM »

Not what I meant to post, but I will leave it up.

She's competing at the World Nomad Games in Kyrgyzstan.

Cool...trick archery.
Wonder who thought that one up?
Only a good trick for the Games though...as grenades, mortars, special guns and bombs have replaced bows and arrows.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:08:10 AM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 21, 2018, 01:18:32 AM »

Moral of the story;

Simples!

But you never learned satire.

And your belief that image is what is important explains your adoration for our president.

Adoration is a lot loo strong a word.
There are things about the man I don't like...but I think he's doing a good job as President, he could do better.
His tie should extend only to the bottom edge of his belt.
His Windsor knot is good.

Unless one is 'independently wealthy', set for life and never having to work at a job again...image is everything.
"Look like you deserve an upgrade"...I read somewhere recently.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:20:22 AM by bambu-wisdom »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:31 AM »

Go Dodgers!

My only complaint, is that most of the Dodger games during the season were on pay television, so many of the fans who only get free television missed the games. If I owned the Dodgers the games would all be televised on free television so that all of the fans could watch the games. (When Gene Autry owned the Angels here in Anaheim, he also owned channel 5, KTLA, and so he televised the Angel games free for the fans on channel 5.) But, of course the World Series will be on free television for all of the fans to see.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 21, 2018, 01:43:44 AM »

Ah, but Bambu, on the issue of image, there are the humble billionaires like Richard Branson, who is very cool. And there are successful people like Sam Elliott who is very humble, yet very cool, and Jeff Bridges, and others. And most of the Rock and Roll stars are humble, yet cool. Many good, humble people are successful.

Trump is big headed and arrogant, and many people are successful without being that way.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:49:29 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 21, 2018, 01:50:43 AM »

In the U.S.A., borders are being sealed by takeover merchants waving foreign flags. Do try to keep up.

Methinks you must've been working so hard that you missed a few things;

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hispanic-leaders-speak-out/

“Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die … Through love of having children, we are going to take over.”

This an excerpt from a statement by Augustin Cebada of the Brown Berets de Aztlán, a paramilitary offshoot of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (MEChA), delivered during a Fourth of July rally held outside the Federal Building in Westwood, California, in 1996:

_____

“They’re afraid we’re going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They’re right. We will take them over … We are here to stay.”

This is an excerpt from a statement made by Richard Alatorre (then a member of the Los Angeles City Council) at a Latino summit conference in Los Angeles in September 1996,

_____

“We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population … I love it."

This is an excerpt from a statement by José Angel Gutiérrez, then an Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Texas at Arlington (and a former leader of the La Raza Unida political party) at a Latino conference held at the University of California, Riverside on 14 January 1995

_____

“California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn’t like it should leave.”

Mario Obledo was a co-founder of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) and the La Raza Lawyers of California bar association, and he formerly served as California’s Secretary of Health and Welfare. We don’t know exactly when and where he first made his controversial statement about California’s becoming a “Hispanic state,” but he has confirmed he said it at least twice: during an appearance on Ray Briem’s talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis’ talk radio show:

#####

Gotta love Blue California.
Go the Red States!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:53:41 AM by bambu-wisdom »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 4288