Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583756 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4815 on: October 23, 2018, 03:08:01 AM »

---Poll: immigration has become the No. 1 issue for voters in 2018
A new Pew poll finds immigration has overtaken health care and the economy as a top 2018 issue.---

HRC made it the centerpiece in her failed run for the presidency while the Donald pushed for the "wall".

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/20/17485162/pew-research-center-poll-immigration-issue-2018-midterms

Open borders seems a liberal elitist add-on that is anti-union, makes national security more difficult and burdens the social net. It does not play well in middle America. The ones hurt most would be the laborers at the bottom of the economic ladder. Not a concern for HRC or Nancy Pelosi who get their nannies and cheap veggies.

All those Americans clamoring to pick fruit.

Oh, wait. They aren't.

All those Americans clamoring to weld in Ohio or to process shell fish in Maryland.

But they don't.

And nannies for HRC and Pelosi?

Reaching just a bit, aren't you?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: October 23, 2018, 03:32:28 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/10/23/max-boot-republican-white-nationalist-party-stelter-rs-sot-vpx.cnn

Max Boot says that the GOP has become the White Nationalist party.

Who is Max Boot?
Max Boot is an American author, consultant, editorialist, lecturer, and military historian. He worked as a writer and editor for Christian Science Monitor and then for The Wall Street Journal in the 1990s. He is now Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Senior Fellow in National Security Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations.

In other words, this is a conservative, not a liberal.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: October 23, 2018, 05:04:26 AM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-23/trump-vows-to-cut-central-american-aid-as-migrants-march-on/10417830

"Jobs v mobs"
He added: "We need a wall built fast."

Mr Trump said Democrats were "encouraging millions of illegal aliens to break our laws, violate our borders and overwhelm our nation".

#####

Well there you go.

Yup!

The man who encourages mobs and violence and who breaks our laws and treaties points fingers at others to accuse them of what he does.

No news, including that you take his word for it, ignoring all the evidence to the contrary and excusing him his violations.

Perhaps even faster than Redd and Kiid.

I see leftists in this forum seemingly cheering for open borders, illegal immigration and sanctuary cities.
What is that, if not what Trump accuses the Democrats of doing?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: October 23, 2018, 07:02:48 AM »

Leftists!!!! Seemingly cheering!!!!!

What simpletons you and Luee are.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: October 23, 2018, 08:11:57 AM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: October 23, 2018, 08:53:18 AM »

"Jobs v mobs" He added: "We need a wall built fast."
He's still waiting for that big check to arrive from Mexico in order to get it built. Every day, out to the mailbox and no check. Where could it be?

Mexico has checks?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: October 23, 2018, 08:58:19 AM »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-23/trump-vows-to-cut-central-american-aid-as-migrants-march-on/10417830

"Jobs v mobs"
He added: "We need a wall built fast."

Mr Trump said Democrats were "encouraging millions of illegal aliens to break our laws, violate our borders and overwhelm our nation".

#####

Well there you go.

Yup!

The man who encourages mobs and violence and who breaks our laws and treaties points fingers at others to accuse them of what he does.

No news, including that you take his word for it, ignoring all the evidence to the contrary and excusing him his violations.

Perhaps even faster than Redd and Kiid.

I see leftists (and Yankguy) in this forum seemingly cheering for open borders, illegal immigration and sanctuary cities.

Fixed.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: October 23, 2018, 09:24:11 AM »

Why don't you take a month or two off to look for all those posts where I "seemingly cheer" for those things.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: October 23, 2018, 09:25:14 AM »

"Jobs v mobs" He added: "We need a wall built fast."
He's still waiting for that big check to arrive from Mexico in order to get it built. Every day, out to the mailbox and no check. Where could it be?

Mexico has checks?
Trump seemed to think so.

barton

« Reply #4825 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »

Nice ad

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/status/1054527758070677504

Not one true statement about Democrats in that.   A useful video in that it shows how extreme partisanship stops up the eyes and plugs the ears,  to where a partisan no longer comprehends how other people think or what their opinions are based on.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

Nice ad

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/status/1054527758070677504

Not one true statement about Democrats in that.   A useful video in that it shows how extreme partisanship stops up the eyes and plugs the ears,  to where a partisan no longer comprehends how other people think or what their opinions are based on.
But she clearly identified herself as the “ spokesperson” for the democrat party and it was on Twitter, to boot!
It obviously qualifies under Josh’s standards as the truth.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: October 23, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »

The democrat party! DickVitale still likes to use that one. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4828 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:15 AM »

Here’s an ad from Sheldon Adelson’s  Future45 PAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocvxjf__cp8
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: October 23, 2018, 11:51:03 AM »

Open borders The immigration crackdown seems a liberal elitist racist fascist add-on that is anti-union, makes national security more difficult and burdens the social net. It does not play well in middle America. The ones hurt most would be the laborers at the bottom of the economic ladder. Not a concern for HRC or Nancy Pelosi trump or McConnellwho get their nannies and cheap veggies.

There. FIFY
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 4288