Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585040 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4830 on: October 23, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »

Nice ad

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/status/1054527758070677504

Not one true statement about Democrats in that.   A useful video in that it shows how extreme partisanship stops up the eyes and plugs the ears,  to where a partisan no longer comprehends how other people think or what their opinions are based on.
But she clearly identified herself as the “ spokesperson” for the democrat party and it was on Twitter, to boot!
It obviously qualifies under Josh’s standards as the truth.

I'm curious as to when Josh ever said that Twitter was a repository of truth. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: October 23, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

The democrat party! DickVitale still likes to use that one.

Red is a luxurious and flexible sock puppet. Quality all the way with that one. Unfortunately he’s reading right from the crime spree hymnal and many other goons around the country are also picking up the tune.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: October 23, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »

Open borders and easy-peasy  immigration was not part of the democratic agenda during FDR and the new deal. Not during the Clinton Adm. Just a late HRC add on that many disagree with strongly.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: October 23, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »

If you can find the words "open borders" on any of Hilary Clinton's position papers it would be nice if you linked to them here. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: October 23, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »

Luee won’t let facts pry him out of his bunker. Fuck reality, fuck the country, cause Wogs.

That seems to be the point you are stuck on if I’m reading your posts correctly.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: October 23, 2018, 01:54:43 PM »

Open borders and easy-peasy  immigration was not part of the democratic agenda during FDR and the new deal. Not during the Clinton Adm. Just a late HRC add on that many disagree with strongly.
luee appears.to be unfamiliar with, among a vast number of things, FDR's Bracaro Agreement.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: October 23, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: October 23, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton reportedly said to investors in a paid speech she gave to Brazilian Banco Itau in 2013.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-hillary-clinton-open-borders-kass-1012-20161011-column.html

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: October 23, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »

Did she run on this policy?  Was it part of the Democratic Party platform?   

And "my dream" is that Luee isn't a bigot anymore.  But I know that's not possible.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:32:04 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: October 23, 2018, 02:50:47 PM »

Certainly, this is concerning for Democrats, as recent polls reveal that the party is simply not winning on this divisive, and potentially decisive, issue. Notably, according to a Quinnipiac poll this month, 60 percent of voters say Democrats in Congress are more interested in “exploiting the nation's immigration issue for political gain,” instead of actually resolving the issue of immigration. Most Americans view the Democratic rhetoric against the Trump administration immigration policies as political grandstanding, and not as a sincere motivation to enact helpful policy.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/398786-calls-for-open-borders-wind-up-closing-doors-for-democrats

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: October 23, 2018, 02:54:46 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: October 23, 2018, 02:56:55 PM »

Still waiting for a position paper from the Democratic Party supporting "open borders".  While you're taking that time off to find my posts "cheering them on" you can look for those too. 

Keith Ellison is a fool.  And a bigot.  I'm surprised Luee doesn't like him (actually no I'm not).

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: October 23, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »

36% is a big number

But the importance of that article is not Keith Ellison but the part I highlighted.

Playing a political game with the border.....

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: October 23, 2018, 03:09:33 PM »

Heh.  You don't think the administration is "[p]laying a political game with the border"?

barton

« Reply #4844 on: October 23, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 4288