Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584148 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4845 on: October 23, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »

Earlier this year Chuck Schumer coauthored a bill that would resolve the status of the “dreamers”, undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children, while providing at least $25bin in increased border security. The bill failed to pass the Senate. 

Wonder why the GOP rejected a plan that provided 25 billion more for border security.  You don't suppose it's possible they were playing political games,  do you?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: October 23, 2018, 05:18:01 PM »

As president, Hillary will:
Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. It will treat every person with dignity, fix the family visa backlog, uphold the rule of law, protect our borders and national security, and bring millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.
End the three- and 10-year bars. The three- and 10-year bars force families—especially those whose members have different citizenship or immigration statuses—into a heartbreaking dilemma: remain in the shadows, or pursue a green card by leaving the country and loved ones behind.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/immigration-reform/
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: October 23, 2018, 05:28:43 PM »

And you read this as "open borders"?   Maybe you should take some sort of remedial reading class. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:35:14 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: October 23, 2018, 06:34:26 PM »

Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. It will treat every person with dignity, fix the family visa backlog, uphold the rule of law, protect our borders and national security, and bring millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.
End the three- and 10-year bars. The three- and 10-year bars force families—especially those whose members have different citizenship or immigration statuses—into a heartbreaking dilemma: remain in the shadows, or pursue a green card by leaving the country and loved ones behind.

Ah yes, ye olde 'immigration reform'...ie; 'amnesty'.

Amnesty without sealed borders...ie; an impenetrable wall/fence/deep and wide moat full of razor wire,  ...is just a continuation of the past and present...people simply waltzing into the country illegally and eventually getting citizenship-the honey on the table.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: October 23, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »

And you read this as "open borders"?   Maybe you should take some sort of remedial reading class.

I read it as 'open borders'..."come in, come in, hide in our sanctuary cities long enough and eventually we'll grant you citizenship".

Trump hates all that...and rightly so.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: October 23, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »

I read it as 'open borders'..."come in, come in, hide in our sanctuary cities long enough and eventually we'll grant you citizenship".

You read anything less than a no man's land with armed military running down Guatamalen mothers bearing their three year old toddlers as open borders, you racist coward.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4851 on: October 23, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »

You read anything less than a no man's land with armed military running down Guatamalen mothers bearing their three year old toddlers as open borders, you racist coward.

Who’d have thought the Aussies in the Mad Max series were real?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4852 on: October 23, 2018, 06:57:28 PM »

Meanwhile,

“They have just an unprecedented number of that, which is something that continues to concern us, especially if everybody uses and exercises their right to vote — which they absolutely can — and mail those ballots in, we gotta have heavy turnout to offset that.”

Brian Kemp

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/kemp-voting-rights-new-calls-resign-and-special-session-politics/Bl1vtoSZfLsMOSq5rOCaDO/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: October 23, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »

The "deplorable choir" would like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dEzo1Xr0k

"Here's a ticket from me"
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: October 23, 2018, 07:15:49 PM »

Give up on her Luee. She’ll never date you because

1) she’s still married to a much better man

2) your ugly, ugly soul
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: October 23, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/New-Jersey-mom-follows-gut-feeling-stopping-potential-school-shooting-in-central-Kentucky-498166881.html

What kind of wall can we put up to protect us from the white nationalist cracker christian terrorists? There seem to be far more of them working in the U.S. lately than any other kind.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/New-Jersey-mom-follows-gut-feeling-stopping-potential-school-shooting-in-central-Kentucky-498166881.html

What kind of wall can we put up to protect us from the white nationalist cracker christian terrorists? There seem to be far more of them working in the U.S. lately than any other kind.

Brick, concrete, steel...around every school...as a start.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: October 23, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »

Nah, just measures to give the borders integrity.
Like the fences European countries are now building, for example.

The Guatemalan mothers and other asylum seekers should have to seek refuge in the first 'safe' [nowhere is safe] country they come to.
Country-shopping should not be allowed.
Trump should get international law changed or pull out of the agreements.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: October 23, 2018, 08:11:47 PM »

You should not be allowed to communicate via the Internet, you poisonous little toad, but, alas, this is the world we live in.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: October 23, 2018, 08:13:41 PM »

Nah, just measures to give the borders integrity.
Like the fences European countries are now building, for example.

The Guatemalan mothers and other asylum seekers should have to seek refuge in the first 'safe' [nowhere is safe] country they come to.
You real9ze that is what they are doing. It is not like they are pushing on to Canada.
Country-shopping should not be allowed.
Trump should get international law changed or pull out of the agreements.
You know who should have pulled out.....
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 4288