Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873809 times)

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #4920 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »

California has lost more than half a million jobs to China — more than any other state, report says

By MARGOT ROOSEVELT
OCT 23, 2018 | 3:00 AM

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-china-trade-20181023-story.html

-------------

Bad trade deals have really hurt California. Even Canada was stealing jobs from California, they stole the automobile manufacturing plant from Van Nuys, and Canada has been stealing film and television jobs, etc. Everyone has been stealing jobs from California. California experienced more than just a recession, it was like the great depression in many areas. I myself was homeless for two years, I had to live in my pickup truck, and I was never able to do what I went to school to do, I went to school to be an actor and a filmmaker.

Anyhow, there is a lot of hard work to do in order to make things better. And not only do we need to fix trade deals with China, we need to fix trade deals with everyone. And we need to be able to sell California cheese in Canada again without high import tariffs, etc. What we have is worth improving. We can compete with the whole world on a level playing field, but what we have right now is not level. And Californians love to live good lives, and California is a proud state. Right now we are all living in group homes, or on government aid, or barely getting by. If it was not for Social Security and welfare and stuff, and Section 8 Housing, etc, then it would really be bad.

And NO WALL! Mexico is Calfiornia's number one trade partner. Without Mexico we would be in even worse shape. Mexico is on our team. We need to expand trade with Mexico, and we need to have a GOOD NEIGHBOR policy so that they can live and work and go to school and stuff in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

"California is going to be a Hispanic state...anyone who doesn't like it should leave"- Hispanic leader.

Maybe when the anyones left they took the auto plant and lots of other stuff with them.

“What goes around, comes around.”
— Brett Kavanaugh

You ever wonder why the major cities in California have their names?

No.
All sound Spanish to me.
Spain, France, Britain owned all of/parts of' 'mainland America'/'the Americas' at some stage, seems to me.

Doesn't surprise me that California is now 'Mexico'...it's what Hispanic leaders/Hispanic groups said was going to happen.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:24:34 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: October 24, 2018, 10:23:38 PM »

"Ban all the hate" people in America are saying...now that those pipe bombs have been discovered.

Lovely, ban all the hate.
They could start by loving White males instead of hating them...that'd be a good place to start.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: October 24, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »

"Ban all the hate" people in America are saying...now that those pipe bombs have been discovered.

They could start by loving White males instead of hating them...that'd be a good place to start.

We don't hate white males as a group, Bambu-faux-wisdom.

We hate self-aggrandizing ones who blame others for the problems they bring upon themselves and others.

We blame those who think they suffer more than minorities and women do.

We blame the far right white men who are by far the likeliest group to commit terrorism in America.

We blame those who block efforts to solve the climate problem and the police problem and who exacerbate the race and religion problems.

But some of them we just pity.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: October 24, 2018, 11:49:03 PM »

And by the way, the argument that "we're going to keep bombing you until you stop hating us" is just not a good slogan!

"The beatings will continue until moral improves." --> Older and more succinct. No more effective.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: October 24, 2018, 11:51:09 PM »

https://www.thenation.com/article/why-does-the-far-right-hold-a-near-monopoly-on-political-violence/?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=facebook

This was a good question in June of 2017.

It remains a good question today.

Bambu's answer is that it's because the left hates white men.

What's yours, Kiid and Redd?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: October 25, 2018, 03:10:57 AM »

We don't hate white males as a group, Bambu-faux-wisdom.

We hate self-aggrandizing ones who blame others for the problems they bring upon themselves and others.

We blame those who think they suffer more than minorities and women do.

We blame the far right white men who are by far the likeliest group to commit terrorism in America.

We blame those who block efforts to solve the climate problem and the police problem and who exacerbate the race and religion problems.

But some of them we just pity.

White heterosexual males [Heaven help you if you're a Christian as well] are the most hated group in Western society today.
Discrimination against them is allowed, even encouraged/enshrined in law. [it's been going on for years]
Women are running the Christian West....have taken over the workforce.

We were shown last night, again...that man-made climate change is a hoax.
Trump knows it too, and has acted upon that knowledge.
He's tossed the Paris agreement in the bin...wise man.

China has and is building more coal-fired power stations than it's telling, reportedly.

Carbon dioxide is the culprit the climate change brigade says.
97% of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere occurs naturally...etc.

Native Americans migrated from Eurasia via a land bridge...land bridge all gone now...the climate is always changing, by itself!.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:14:49 AM by bambu-wisdom »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: October 25, 2018, 03:12:32 AM »

What if when Hitler took over Germany, Germany had already had the bomb?

I think trump thinks Hitler would have won in that case. I think that’s the experiment he is running. In a nutshell that is trump’s new business plan.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: October 25, 2018, 03:17:52 AM »

Bambu, that was quite the rant for a deranged lunatic.

I think I can actually tell which posts (like the last one) you piss yourself in the middle of writing.

I really pity you, you sad little man, though I’m glad you are impotent and quickly running out of time.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: October 25, 2018, 05:03:52 AM »

We were shown last night, again...that man-made climate change is a hoax.

I have no interest in your paranoid delusions.

I am curious about the bizarre statement I left, above. How, pray tell, were you shown that?

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: October 25, 2018, 06:19:59 AM »

Islamic terrorists, angry women, persecuted White males or somebody else could've sent the pipe bombs.

If it turns out to be one or more White males...wouldn't surprise me...given the anger shown in the march at Charlottesville.
It wasn't all about the tearing down of their prized statue..."we will not be replaced" one guy said.
Unemployment, sanctuary cities for some, massive immigration...etc.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 06:31:01 AM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: October 25, 2018, 06:27:26 AM »

Bambu, that was quite the rant for a deranged lunatic.

I think I can actually tell which posts (like the last one) you piss yourself in the middle of writing.

I really pity you, you sad little man, though I’m glad you are impotent and quickly running out of time.

Be glad no more, there are plenty of young bambu-ilk around.
They usually get on board about age 35-40.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: October 25, 2018, 07:34:20 AM »

It happens when they continue eating lead paint as you so aptly demonstrate.

Fortunately, this generation had enough science that parents curbbed children’s access to your favorite repast and many never developed the taste for stupefying lead at all.

I have faith that the generation growing up, seeing what utter shits your lot have become and the colossal mess you have made and continue to make, will reject you and the fig leaf you place over your venality and call values. They will reject you as throughly as our youth despises trump and his two-faced flunkies.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #4933 on: October 25, 2018, 10:06:09 AM »

The democrats exploded Christine Blasey Ford’s bombshell (at the last minute) to drive a wedge between Republicans and female voters. It backfired. Trump gained 7 per cent in approval ratings and the “ Blue Wave” is but a ripple.

Now the democrats are silent ( scared shitless) on the impending “ caravan” of Honduran illegals which is , in reality, the Kavanaugh nomination all over again.

No wonder NEEDS ADJUSTMENT is awol.

New low in cheap rhetoric for Red.

1.  NeedsA could be on vacation,  or things got busy at work,  or a dozen other reasons.
Unless you're his stalker,  what information would you have on that?

2.  Hondurans are refugees from an insanely violent nation.   Just a fact.   Calling them illegals doesn't make their search for safe haven illegal.   

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: October 25, 2018, 04:22:22 PM »

Could be leftists sending the pipe bombs...to discredit Trump supporters/Trump just before the primaries.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 4288