Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994700 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5040 on: October 27, 2018, 05:02:47 AM »

I’m much happier to pay my taxes out here in California knowing some of that money is being well spent hunting Nazis. Seven in lockup so far including the group’s leader. One found after hiding up a tree, one dragged back from Central America.

The alarm has been rung. It’s time to take the skinheads bowling again.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: October 27, 2018, 06:41:59 AM »

I used to be a Republican, but now they are fat pigs who climbed into the lifeboat and who want to pull up the ladder to prevent other people from getting into the lifeboat.

And the greedy bastards would rather send jobs to China than pay an American worker a fair wage.

Without labor unions it would be way worse. The labor movement in the USA has brought great gains to the USA, and created the largest middle class in the world. 

I liked Reagan, and I liked George W. Bush. 

I did not really like Bill Clinton and the whole thing about him being a Rhodes Scholar and studying in England, the USA and the British fought against each other twice, and I do not agree with the British on many issues, and the British think different than Americans. I support Argentina on the issue of the Malvinas Islands, and I support Spain on the issue of Gibraltar, and I support Ireland on the issue of who should own Ireland. The British starved the Irish, and the people of India suffered under British rule, and others suffered because of the British, and I just do not agree with the British on a lot of stuff. Richard Branson is cool, and he produced the Sex Pistols, and he is creating jobs in my home area, but overall I do not agree with the British on a lot of stuff.

I did not really pay any attention to Obama, and I was not into the Republicans who ran against Obama. John McCain was a luke-warm candidate at best, nice guy, not a great candidate. And Mitt Romney was sunk after the live microphone caught him talking bad about the poor people. 

Trump is not a real Republican, you do not hear Trump talking about helping to create more freedom in the world by tearing down walls like Reagan did, and Reagan made all of the immigrants legal so that they could legally work, pay taxes, and join labor unions, and so that they could call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. And George W. Bush put a black woman and Latino men into positions never before held by them, Condoleezza Rice, Carlos Gutierrez, and Alberto Gonzales, all made history in the George W. Bush White House. That is what real Republicans do. And the Republican party is supposed to be the party of Lincoln. Reagan would hate Trump, and George W. Bush does not support Trump. 

Anyhow, I voted for all Democrats this time. And I cannot support people who separate families and put children in cages. Those are sick people when they have no empathy, they are cold hearted, and they do it all for money. Like in my hometown when they built a prison there and told people that the prison would create jobs, we do not need those kind of jobs, and they need to bulldoze the prison, they can build their prison somewhere else. 

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: October 27, 2018, 08:00:10 AM »

Actually, in Trump's defense, he is going to renegotiate the trade deals, and he is going to fix the trade deal with China, etc, hopefully.

Salute,

Tony V.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 27, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »

So far no entanglement in a phony war like LBJ or Bush. He has closed the immigration floodgates. Not as bad as I thought. An improvement on the Bushes and Reagan. Con;Trickle down always an economic disaster, trade war with China?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5044 on: October 27, 2018, 09:46:09 AM »

...He has closed the immigration floodgates. Not as bad as I thought.

The “immigration floodgates” were closed by the guy who was derisively referred to as the “deporter in Chief.”

“But since a tipping point in 2012, the net flow of migration from Mexico, both legal and not, has actually decreased. From 2009 to 2014, Pew estimates that 1 million Mexicans and their families (including U.S.-born children) left the U.S., while 870,000 Mexicans arrived.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/27/even-before-trump-more-mexicans-were-leaving-the-us-than-arriving/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #5045 on: October 27, 2018, 10:06:15 AM »

Actually, in Trump's defense, he is going to renegotiate the trade deals, and he is going to fix the trade deal with China, etc, hopefully.

Salute,

Tony V.

If you have to fix something you yourself broke,  that doesn't make you a reformer.  Trump's trade war is hurting heartland agri producers,  among others. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 27, 2018, 10:10:18 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.
So far, the only thing Trump has renegotiated in a trade dal is a name change.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 27, 2018, 11:20:11 AM »

---99% Muslim, 43,000 Somali refugees settled in US under Obama---

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/99-muslim-43-000-somali-refugees-settled-in-us-under-obama

Media Covers Up Horrific Somali Riot in Minnesota Just Before Midterms

https://usareally.com/1567-media-covers-up-horrific-somali-riot-in-minnesota-just-before-midterms

Gang of Somali Kids Attack Park Goers in Lewiston

https://mainefirstmedia.com/2018/05/gang-of-somali-kids-attack-park-goers-in-lewiston/

The BHO gift that keeps giving.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 27, 2018, 11:26:03 AM »

[iFrom 2009 to 2014, Pew estimates that 1 million Mexicans and their families (including U.S.-born children) left the U.S., while 870,000 Mexicans arrived.”[/i]

Credit W Bush for that.
If he hadn't crashed the economy, Mexico wouldn't have looked as good.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #5049 on: October 27, 2018, 11:50:22 AM »

Morning Joe writes in The Post this morning - sounds like former Republican won't get fooled again.

When another Republican Senate candidate, Arizona Rep. Martha McSally, faced reporters’ questions about the topic, she comically suggested that health care was irrelevant to voters and instead claimed that Arizonans cared more about the “caravan” conspiracy theory cooked up by Trump and his right-wing cheerleaders. McSally’s deer-in-the-headlight moment captured perfectly the GOP’s attempt to distract voters from their record on health care by resorting to racist scare tactics.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) recently went beyond mere attacks on Obamacare protections by targeting Social Security and Medicare as a way to offset the GOP’s trillion-dollar tax cuts for the rich and billion-dollar giveaways to the military-industrial complex by purchasing military weapons that the Pentagon doesn’t even want.

Is it any wonder that Trump Republicans are so desperate to change the subject from health care? After all, how do you face voters knowing that your primary political goal in Washington has been to wipe out health-care guarantees so multinational corporations and Mar-a-Lago billionaires can fatten their bank accounts and pour even more money into their children’s trust funds?   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: October 27, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 27, 2018, 01:38:13 PM »

Where the hell do you find this "interesting" stuff? Is there a dimwit password you're in possession of?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5053 on: October 27, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 27, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »

Where the hell do you find this "interesting" stuff? Is there a dimwit password you're in possession of?

Kiid’s definition of interesting is reserved for things that can give you rabies and chlamydia at the same time.

When he finds something interesting, he gets very interested indeed.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 4288