Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1994660 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #5070 on: October 28, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-is-happening-to-our-country/2018/10/27/47b462f6-da13-11e8-aeb7-ddcad4a0a54e_story.html?utm_term=.4d71ad984a24

Max Boot on false equivalence.  Boot is a longtime Republican conservative who has recently jumped ship.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #5072 on: October 28, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: October 28, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »

Good

Take your moral victory lap.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: October 28, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »

To show his anti-immigrant seriousness, Cruz should resign, drop out of the race, and self deport. As a staunch coward, he won’t. If the GOP establishment in Texas can ratfuck as thoroughly as the Georgia or Kansas crooks are doing, Cruz might hang on. It would be far better for Texas and the United States if his era in the Senate and his career in politics were brought to an end.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #5075 on: October 28, 2018, 05:13:24 PM »

Good

Take your moral victory lap.

Texas GOP gerrymanders massively.   Austin is in six different districts,  to ensure its deep blueness doesn't have a chance to win.  Take your moral victory lap.  That is,  if you like to win by cheating. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #5077 on: October 28, 2018, 09:31:57 PM »

Does this opinion come from Fox News,  the channel that gave up on straight reportage in favor of opinion/infotainment shows?   The channel that buries reports of corruption and deceit in the current administration?  The channel that profits from propaganda and fears losing audience if it ever stopped swallowing Trump's cum?  Hmm.   Think I'd seek a second opinion. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: October 28, 2018, 09:40:59 PM »

Democrat in the middle

Always fair and balanced

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: October 29, 2018, 12:05:38 AM »

---The Democrats Have an Immigration Problem
Family separations, multibillion-dollar border-wall schemes, unleashed ICE officers —the Trump presidency has taught the Democrats what they stand against.  Now they have to figure out what they stand for.---

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/10/magazine/the-democrats-have-an-immigration-problem.html

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: October 29, 2018, 01:47:34 AM »

the Trump presidency has taught the Democrats what they stand against.  Now they have to figure out what they stand for.—
Yeah, sure,,,,that would be nice. But isn’t it just about enough to be against the worst president in U.S. history? Shouldn’t getting rid of Trump be just about the greatest priority that there ever could be in the coming elections? I mean before he blunders us into something so terrible that he can’t possibly lie his way out of it and we all end up being screwed?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: October 29, 2018, 09:01:29 AM »

He funny

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1055908318856671232

You foolish

50-46 in one poll = "we are tied!"

heh

You do realize historically the GOP incumbent should be up by about 15 points?

Actually, last Senate race in Texas the GOP won by 30.

O'Rourke has good reason to be enthusiastic about his polling, and not only because of Cruz's (relatively) thin margins.  Beto is killing it with independents (latest poll has him +12)  which is a strong indicator that if it comes down to turnout, he could win.

A winnable race in Texas and the Trumpists here are crowing about polling?  My guess is that they are in for an unhappy November.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: October 29, 2018, 09:07:47 AM »

the Trump presidency has taught the Democrats what they stand against.  Now they have to figure out what they stand for.—
Yeah, sure,,,,that would be nice. But isn’t it just about enough to be against the worst president in U.S. history? Shouldn’t getting rid of Trump be just about the greatest priority that there ever could be in the coming elections? I mean before he blunders us into something so terrible that he can’t possibly lie his way out of it and we all end up being screwed?

Quote references their stand on  immigration, not Democrats generally.  But this is a general critique you hear from Republicans, and I think its hilarious. 

They ran a midterm entirely about opposition to more people having health insurance (in part, by providing coverage for pre-existing conditions that in this election cycle they are claiming to be for when they aren't) but somehow Democrats are less worthy for running against rank corruption and self-dealing, incompetence at the highest levels of government, and very possibly a straight up treasonous President. 

And thing is, that isn't even what they are doing.  Campaigns are largely about local issues.  See Beto O'Rourke, for example.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: October 29, 2018, 09:55:51 AM »

Quote references their stand on  immigration, not Democrats generally.  But this is a general critique you hear from Republicans, and I think its hilarious. 

They ran a midterm entirely about opposition to more people having health insurance (in part, by providing coverage for pre-existing conditions that in this election cycle they are claiming to be for when they aren't) but somehow Democrats are less worthy for running against rank corruption and self-dealing, incompetence at the highest levels of government, and very possibly a straight up treasonous President. 

And thing is, that isn't even what they are doing.  Campaigns are largely about local issues.  See Beto O'Rourke, for example.
I agree.   Which is why they, Democrats, should avoid like the plague getting involved in idiotic back-and-forth about things like Elizabeth Warren's heritage. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: October 29, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »

Which is why they, Democrats, should avoid like the plague getting involved in idiotic back-and-forth about things like Elizabeth Warren's heritage.
Which is Warren’s strategy against her dem challengers. Like the two guys fleeing the bear Warren first has to outrun them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:29:01 AM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 4288